Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 14
    How to enable cl_amd_fp64? ''does not have double floating point support'
  • imperator_dk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imperator_dk polycounter lvl 10
    Would be great if the preview window had anisotropic filtering on :)
  • Fingus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fingus polycounter lvl 11
    I'm having an issue where the preview mesh is hardly displaced. Is there a setting of some kind that I'm missing?

nc2BIPn.jpg

Other than that, brilliant tool! So this is what that secret texture tool from the hangouts was. :D
    May I suggest adding an export option for a compiled PSD file with the textures in a separate layer?
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Hey everyone!

Thanks again for all the very kind words!
    Sorry for not being around much...hard at work and all that :)

We are currently working on a solution for the concavity and convexity maps exporting as the AO and we will hopefully get a new build up with a fix for that soon.
    sltrOlsson wrote: »
    I saw that as well, apparently you can send a request to them to further investigate and white list it. I can't do anything more with it here at work, I'll just end up with my PC quarantined by IT ;)

[Edit] Found this https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist/
    I'm not sure, the only antivirus software I installed was Norton, I've disabled firewall to make Knald connect to license server, but apparently something else blocks it. Don't think it's my ISP - never had this problem before with anything else. Not using proxy either.

Any hints of where I should check? Maybe router settings has something to do with it?

We are looking really hard into this at the moment...it is pretty complicated and I don't think it is something we can just get users to change in order for it to work...a solution will hopefully arrive soon.
    Sorry for the delay, guys!
    First, holy cow. Awesome tool. Thanks for the tremendous work.

dlAibmv.jpg

And forgive my naivety, but could there be any additional processing which could dampen the "clamping"? The image above is a levels snippet from PS after analyzing an exported heightmap from Knald. I think we are losing a bit of depth in the conversion process from NM analyzing. When I adjust the levels in PS, parts get blown out where in the NM the details are fairly well behaved, but I know there is a ton of inferring, so it's an imperfect science.

Thanks, man!

I think the problem here is that you might be thinking that the histogram in PS should be totally filled with a nice even ramp from 0-255, and this is not the case. We are still using the full range when exporting maps from Knald but it might not be how you would expect.

Basically, the distribution of the reversed heights depends on the values of the normal map and they wont generally come out even when exported. We range fit the height map to 0-1 while maintaining a 1:1 reversal from the normal map.

I hope that makes sense. :)

Mathew O wrote: »
    Well done on the release Andy, I can't wait to get home and try it out :D

Do you have any idea what it may cost when it releases?
    Thanks, mate!

No official word on a price yet, but as soon as I know, you guys will too :)
    Noth wrote: »
    How to enable cl_amd_fp64? ''does not have double floating point support'
    This error unfortunately means that your card doesn't support double precision floating point. The only way to fix this is to buy a newer card :(
    The quality should still be excellent though. :)
    Would be great if the preview window had anisotropic filtering on :)
    Thanks for the suggestion! I will see what I can do.
    Fingus wrote: »
    I'm having an issue where the preview mesh is hardly displaced. Is there a setting of some kind that I'm missing?

nc2BIPn.jpg

Other than that, brilliant tool! So this is what that secret texture tool from the hangouts was. :D
    This looks like what I would expect based on the height map. You can always get more tessilation by increasing the ColourToNormal intensity or the Bump scale. :)
    Fingus wrote: »

May I suggest adding an export option for a compiled PSD file with the textures in a separate layer?
    Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Irreal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irreal polycounter lvl 10
    Just had a chance to play with this today. My god its fast. It's like greased lighting. :\
  • Octo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Octo polycounter lvl 17
    Tried it today, first impression is very positive.
    I want to request more maps, 2 specific ones i have in mind are

A "dust" map, much like the top/bottom material in Max. Every face pointing upwards within a certain angle turns white, rest is black. An option to enable/disable 'overhangs' would be nice.

A Gradient map. I sometimes like to bake a gradient over the whole mesh (just a quick side projection) to make the mesh darker towards the bottom for instance.

Looks like this will turn out to be a great tool!
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    ^ for the second map you can check out the various channels of the derivative normal map - one channel is left-right light direction, one is top-down. the blue channel is empty in knald (why?), in xnormal it would designate front-back. These probably depend on the orientation of your mesh.
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Irreal wrote: »
    Just had a chance to play with this today. My god its fast. It's like greased lighting. :\
    :D Glad you like it!
    Octo wrote: »
    Tried it today, first impression is very positive.
    I want to request more maps, 2 specific ones i have in mind are

A "dust" map, much like the top/bottom material in Max. Every face pointing upwards within a certain angle turns white, rest is black. An option to enable/disable 'overhangs' would be nice.

A Gradient map. I sometimes like to bake a gradient over the whole mesh (just a quick side projection) to make the mesh darker towards the bottom for instance.

Looks like this will turn out to be a great tool!

Thanks! Great suggestions! :D
    cptSwing wrote: »
    ^ for the second map you can check out the various channels of the derivative normal map - one channel is left-right light direction, one is top-down. the blue channel is empty in knald (why?), in xnormal it would designate front-back. These probably depend on the orientation of your mesh.

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. The derivative maps in xNormal shouldn't have any information in the blue channel (100% black) and the same is true for Knald.

Do you have an example you can post so I can better understand your issue please?

Cheers!
  • Treboras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Treboras polycounter lvl 12
    Hi Andy!

I have 3 more things for you: I have no idea how hard / easy those would be to implement, just getting some ideas to you. I sent you these already per email but the polycount thread seems like a good place to collect some ideas.

- When loading up a color file it would be nice if the color map would be available like the others for comparison
    - A setting for the focal length for the preview camera would be nice as it looks really weird with some objects.
    - Also when zooming very much into a custom obj preview, panning would be a nice addition to rotate.

All the best,
    Treboras
  • GILBoY
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GILBoY polycounter lvl 6
    I love this program, my pipeline is accelerating so amazing and I'm better than I used applications before running into knald
  • Grums
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can't connect to license server and activate. Disabled Norton firewal - didn't help.

jWoHm1R.jpg

Im having the same problem as Slipgate, unable to authenticate as the options are greyed out. Also running WIN 7 64 Bit.

The program is looking great though!
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Treboras wrote: »
    Hi Andy!

I have 3 more things for you: I have no idea how hard / easy those would be to implement, just getting some ideas to you. I sent you these already per email but the polycount thread seems like a good place to collect some ideas.

- When loading up a color file it would be nice if the color map would be available like the others for comparison
    - A setting for the focal length for the preview camera would be nice as it looks really weird with some objects.
    - Also when zooming very much into a custom obj preview, panning would be a nice addition to rotate.

All the best,
    Treboras
    Thanks for the great suggestions! :D
    GILBoY wrote: »
    I love this program, my pipeline is accelerating so amazing and I'm better than I used applications before running into knald

Glad you are enjoying Knald & finding it useful, GILBoY! :D
    Grums wrote: »
    Im having the same problem as Slipgate, unable to authenticate as the options are greyed out. Also running WIN 7 64 Bit.

Thanks for the kind words, Grums! :D
    We are currently investigating this issue and hopefully will have a solution soon.
    Sorry about the wait!
  • gartht3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm running windows 8, with latest WHQL graphics form NVIDIA for gtx 580 in SLI. tried all compatibility modes. Crashing every time. Am pretty pumped to get this working:) Cheers.
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    I'm not sure I understand you correctly. The derivative maps in xNormal shouldn't have any information in the blue channel (100% black) and the same is true for Knald.

Do you have an example you can post so I can better understand your issue please?

Cheers!

Ah, I'm sorry man. I was referring to xNormal's Bent normal maps which I use to extract lighting info on the various axes. My bad!
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    Glad news, It's seams norton is accepting the exe now!

I just tried it for a few minutes and realized it's kinda close to how nDo2 would convert photos to normal (I'm guessing here, but that's the feel I got). Dark pixels down, light pixels up. One great thing about crazybump is how it tries to match the lights direction and creates the normal after that. As you know it's not smart in any way, and it's locked. But if you rotate your photo source so that the lights hits from the "right" angle (for CB) it creates some really nice and fairly accurate normals. To clarify I'm talking about the photo to normal part of CB and not the height to normal.

So my thought on this! It would be freakking awesome to have that kind of feature in Knald, but rather then having it static you got a little arrow or something to match the light from the photo. I'm hopping that this would be something Ryan would add, but nothing has really happened with CB for years now.

Got to say I'm very impressed with the results Knald gives you. Keep it up!
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    gartht3d wrote: »
    I'm running windows 8, with latest WHQL graphics form NVIDIA for gtx 580 in SLI. tried all compatibility modes. Crashing every time. Am pretty pumped to get this working:) Cheers.
    Sorry about this! I assume you are running Knald with full admin rights?
    Do you get any error messages?
    When it crashes are you sending an error report?
    cptSwing wrote: »
    Ah, I'm sorry man. I was referring to xNormal's Bent normal maps which I use to extract lighting info on the various axes. My bad!
    No worries, man :)
    sltrOlsson wrote: »
    Glad news, It's seams norton is accepting the exe now!

I just tried it for a few minutes and realized it's kinda close to how nDo2 would convert photos to normal (I'm guessing here, but that's the feel I got). Dark pixels down, light pixels up. One great thing about crazybump is how it tries to match the lights direction and creates the normal after that. As you know it's not smart in any way, and it's locked. But if you rotate your photo source so that the lights hits from the "right" angle (for CB) it creates some really nice and fairly accurate normals. To clarify I'm talking about the photo to normal part of CB and not the height to normal.

So my thought on this! It would be freakking awesome to have that kind of feature in Knald, but rather then having it static you got a little arrow or something to match the light from the photo. I'm hopping that this would be something Ryan would add, but nothing has really happened with CB for years now.

Got to say I'm very impressed with the results Knald gives you. Keep it up!

Ahh great! :)
    Thanks for the suggestion, man! I will see what I can do.
  • samcole
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm really enjoying the ability to rapidly change the detail levels of the normal without having to wait 5-10 mins for a bake.

Also I'm not sure if I just missed the feature in the menus, but it would be nice if there was a reset all settings feature for when you load up a new color map. I noticed I was tweaking one map, then decided to load up a new one just for kicks, but the settings for previous normal I was tweaking were still set instead of defaulting back to the 50/50/50/50 values when you start fresh. It may not be a major issue..but I like to start with a constant then tweak the detail levels from there till I'm happy.
  • wesm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wesm polycounter lvl 4
    It looks a lot like Bitmap2Material from Allegorithmic feature and quality wise, but with less options to customize the outputs even thought the low-poly AO is a nice addition.
  • cgilbert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Guys!

Chris Gilbert from Knald here.

First and foremost I want to thank all of you for your invaluable feedback over this past week!

Second, I wanted to address a few of the issues folks have been having.

* License Server Connection / License Validation Errors
    The primary cause of the issues here were malware scanners/virus scanners/firewall software/etc rejecting our app or blocking its network connections due to a lack of "Reputation". ( http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2011/03/22/smartscreen-174-application-reputation-building-reputation.aspx ) We have solved this issue by now signing all of our executables/installers with a publisher certificate. My apologies for the delay on this, sadly it takes a good deal of time to be verified have the certificate issued.
    * Crashes
    According to our crash reporting system, the vast majority of crashes are occurring deep inside the nVidia and AMD OpenCL drivers. We are collecting information and following up with both companies directly in an effort to have these issues resolved as soon as possible.

We are also seeing some OpenGL crashes due to OpenGL 3.2 functionality reported as available by the driver not actually being available. A new build in the near future will include better internal checks so that we can toss up a sensible error message if this is the case.

There have also been a handful of unrelated crashes that we are in the process of tracking down now. We'll have an update with a new build in an attempt to resolve them ASAP.
    * Unable to Run
    Some people have reported that they are unable to run Knald, with Knald reporting that they lack OpenCL 1.1. The message text itself was erroneous as we only require OpenCL 1.0. (This message is fixed in the latest build) However, the actual cause of the issue in this case is an error creating the OpenCL context regardless of version.

This is almost always due to a missing/unusable OpenCL driver. The OpenCL driver (OpenCL.dll) is managed and installed by your graphics driver package in the case of nVidia and AMD.

We have seen several cases however where the installers seem not to be properly providing this driver. In this case we have had success with uninstalling the driver, rebooting, reinstalling the driver, rebooting, then attempting to launch Knald.

There has also been one report that in machines which have hybrid graphics (eg: laptops with Intel and nVidia graphics, switching between them to save power) OpenCL was failing until the Intel device was disabled in the BIOS.
    We thank you all for your continued patience! Both Andy and myself will continue to be active in the thread and will keep you all updated as we progress. OpenCL is a bit new still, and we hope that as more applications such as Blender, Knald, etc begin to use it that the driver support from GPU makers will become more robust.

Finally, there is a new build available now!

This build should address many of the issues some of you had getting authorized and into the application. Please post in the thread if you continue to have any issues in that department. (Or if you are still getting warnings when downloading via chrome, IE, etc)

You can find the latest installer via: https://www.knaldtech.com/registration/account-management/ (This is the "My Account" link in the menu bar)

Just click the Download Link and you will be off and running!

Regards,
    Chris Gilbert
    Knald Technologies

PS: Regarding a Mac version - we will make a formal announcement regarding a future Mac build sometime in the future, however our focus currently is getting the PC version ready for release. (We have built for Mac during development, however we don't have a Mac build ready for release at this time)
  • gartht3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry about this! I assume you are running Knald with full admin rights?
    Do you get any error messages?
    When it crashes are you sending an error report?

Hi. Yeah tried everything I could think of.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    'error initializing openCL
    Please make sure your graphics card supports OpenCL 1.1 or later'

Newest drivers, but I'll try again when my new card comes in the mail.

Windows 7 64bit
    i7
    6 GB Ram
    Radeon HD 4850
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    Freak'n lovely :)

250px-The_fonz_thumbs_up.jpg
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This looks hot, can't wait to try it. (no net at home for a while though)
  • gartht3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi again. So I disabled SLI and it launched with no issues.
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    New update, guys! Chris's post got held up for verification, but you can read it below.

Enjoy!
    cgilbert wrote: »
    Hi Guys!

Chris Gilbert from Knald here.

First and foremost I want to thank all of you for your invaluable feedback over this past week!

Second, I wanted to address a few of the issues folks have been having.

* License Server Connection / License Validation Errors
    The primary cause of the issues here were malware scanners/virus scanners/firewall software/etc rejecting our app or blocking its network connections due to a lack of "Reputation". ( http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2011/03/22/smartscreen-174-application-reputation-building-reputation.aspx ) We have solved this issue by now signing all of our executables/installers with a publisher certificate. My apologies for the delay on this, sadly it takes a good deal of time to be verified have the certificate issued.
    * Crashes
    According to our crash reporting system, the vast majority of crashes are occurring deep inside the nVidia and AMD OpenCL drivers. We are collecting information and following up with both companies directly in an effort to have these issues resolved as soon as possible.

We are also seeing some OpenGL crashes due to OpenGL 3.2 functionality reported as available by the driver not actually being available. A new build in the near future will include better internal checks so that we can toss up a sensible error message if this is the case.

There have also been a handful of unrelated crashes that we are in the process of tracking down now. We'll have an update with a new build in an attempt to resolve them ASAP.
    * Unable to Run
    Some people have reported that they are unable to run Knald, with Knald reporting that they lack OpenCL 1.1. The message text itself was erroneous as we only require OpenCL 1.0. (This message is fixed in the latest build) However, the actual cause of the issue in this case is an error creating the OpenCL context regardless of version.

This is almost always due to a missing/unusable OpenCL driver. The OpenCL driver (OpenCL.dll) is managed and installed by your graphics driver package in the case of nVidia and AMD.

We have seen several cases however where the installers seem not to be properly providing this driver. In this case we have had success with uninstalling the driver, rebooting, reinstalling the driver, rebooting, then attempting to launch Knald.

There has also been one report that in machines which have hybrid graphics (eg: laptops with Intel and nVidia graphics, switching between them to save power) OpenCL was failing until the Intel device was disabled in the BIOS.
    We thank you all for your continued patience! Both Andy and myself will continue to be active in the thread and will keep you all updated as we progress. OpenCL is a bit new still, and we hope that as more applications such as Blender, Knald, etc begin to use it that the driver support from GPU makers will become more robust.

Finally, there is a new build available now!

This build should address many of the issues some of you had getting authorized and into the application. Please post in the thread if you continue to have any issues in that department. (Or if you are still getting warnings when downloading via chrome, IE, etc)

You can find the latest installer via: https://www.knaldtech.com/registration/account-management/ (This is the "My Account" link in the menu bar)

Just click the Download Link and you will be off and running!

Regards,
    Chris Gilbert
    Knald Technologies

PS: Regarding a Mac version - we will make a formal announcement regarding a future Mac build sometime in the future, however our focus currently is getting the PC version ready for release. (We have built for Mac during development, however we don't have a Mac build ready for release at this time)
  • Treboras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Treboras polycounter lvl 12
    Great that you guys are so quick with addressing complications! Keep the updates coming!

(regarding updates ... maybe you want to include a version check in the loading screen ... just an idea and maybe not that hard to implement and the sooner the better)
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Can't connect to license server and activate. Disabled Norton firewal - didn't help.

jWoHm1R.jpg

Win7 x64
    running in admin mode

Can you both please update to the newest version and then check to see if you are having issues? The latest update should fix connection/Authentication issues.

Treboras wrote: »
    Great that you guys are so quick with addressing complications! Keep the updates coming!

(regarding updates ... maybe you want to include a version check in the loading screen ... just an idea and maybe not that hard to implement and the sooner the better)

Thanks, mate.
    I will see what I can do about the update notification :)

Cheers!
  • cgilbert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

If the options are greyed out, it indicates that no valid license key is provided.

Make sure there are no trailing/leading spaces in your license key, and that it is the correct length.

I'll be modifying this interface a bit in the next build to make things more clear. (Dropping the password masking on the license key, for starters)
  • Kbrom12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kbrom12 polycounter lvl 8
    Been using this for a week now and I'm really enjoying it. Any chance you will allow us to choose the light colors in the previewer in future updates?

Other than that I've has no issues so far, keep it up!
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Hey Kbrom12,

Thanks for the kind words! :)
    I will see what I can do.

Cheers!
  • K-PAX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    K-PAX polycounter lvl 7
    great~ downloading.

beautiful ui. pls add paste map from clipboard function like crazybump.
  • Slave_zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slave_zero polycounter lvl 8
    Hey guys here is my feedback from my first explorations:

First thing this is a really powerfull tool. Makes things a lot easier and faster for me. So a big thumbs up from here.

Up to now I've experienced one major issue:

When exporting maps on my computer at home all exported maps have the ambient occlusion data. Even the maps that are supposed to have concexity / concavity.
    I've tried the same mesh / normalmap on my machine at the office and everything works just as intended. All map types export as expected.
    Maybe you guys have an idea how this can happen. If more info is needed (specs of my computer etc.) I can post them later when I'm at home

Other than that I would like to see the following features:

- saving and loading presets for different projects or assets. Such that you can easily switch back to the settings you need for a specific asset, in case you needed to adjust the normalmap

- loading a base color-map that also can be viewed in the 3d preview

- it would be greeat if Knald could display your AO. cavity & convextiy map all layered and over each other in 3d preview. For this feature it would be helpfull to have a blending-mode and opacity option for each of the maps. In the 3D preview you could then switch to "all maps" and knald would display: AO, cavity, and convexity with the defined blending options. Also the above mentioned base-color-map could be integrated into this display mode.

- changing light colors would be great
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    This looks really sexy! I'll download and test it out later. Thanks :D
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    I'm having trouble loading normal maps. It doesn't want to open 4k textures, although 2k is fine. File type doesn't seem to matter.
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    K-PAX wrote: »
    great~ downloading.

beautiful ui. pls add paste map from clipboard function like crazybump.

I will see what I can do!
    Slave_zero wrote: »
    Hey guys here is my feedback from my first explorations:

First thing this is a really powerfull tool. Makes things a lot easier and faster for me. So a big thumbs up from here.
    Thanks for the kind words! :D
    Up to now I've experienced one major issue:

When exporting maps on my computer at home all exported maps have the ambient occlusion data. Even the maps that are supposed to have concexity / concavity.
    I've tried the same mesh / normalmap on my machine at the office and everything works just as intended. All map types export as expected.
    Maybe you guys have an idea how this can happen. If more info is needed (specs of my computer etc.) I can post them later when I'm at home
    Ahh, yea. We are aware of this bug & have it fixed internally. It should be in the next update which hopefully will be over the next couple of days.
    - saving and loading presets for different projects or assets. Such that you can easily switch back to the settings you need for a specific asset, in case you needed to adjust the normalmap
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    I'm not sure I understand correctly...could you elaborate please?
    - it would be greeat if Knald could display your AO. cavity & convextiy map all layered and over each other in 3d preview. For this feature it would be helpfull to have a blending-mode and opacity option for each of the maps. In the 3D preview you could then switch to "all maps" and knald would display: AO, cavity, and convexity with the defined blending options. Also the above mentioned base-color-map could be integrated into this display mode.
    Cool, thanks for the suggestion!
    MeintevdS wrote: »
    This looks really sexy! I'll download and test it out later. Thanks :D
    Thanks for the kind workds! :)
    fearian wrote: »
    I'm having trouble loading normal maps. It doesn't want to open 4k textures, although 2k is fine. File type doesn't seem to matter.

This is down to the amount of VRAM you have in total/available most likely.
    How much VRAM do you have on your GPU, mate?
  • Panadol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really looking forward to using this, but I'm still getting authentication issues. Made sure I downloaded the latest version, allowed it through my firewall and ran as administrator and it still hangs while checking the license server.
  • XilenceX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XilenceX polycounter lvl 10
    I tried it and it ran without problems. However once I imported the generated normalmal into UDK it turned all pink and wrong. I tried both uncompressed and normal import as well as flip green channel, but that didn't help.
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Panadol wrote: »
    Really looking forward to using this, but I'm still getting authentication issues. Made sure I downloaded the latest version, allowed it through my firewall and ran as administrator and it still hangs while checking the license server.
    Thanks for the kind words! I will try and find out what the issue could be.
    Can you post your system specs. and Knald build number please?
    XilenceX wrote: »
    I tried it and it ran without problems. However once I imported the generated normalmal into UDK it turned all pink and wrong. I tried both uncompressed and normal import as well as flip green channel, but that didn't help.
    I don't suppose you could send me the normal map could you? It would be really useful for debugging.

Cheers!
  • Slave_zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slave_zero polycounter lvl 8
    @ metalliandy :

At the moment your are able to load an diffuse-map into the 3dviewer but you only can look at the diffuse map when you select [lighting] from the menu. there is no way to judge the diffuse with applied occlusion, convexity and cavity and tweak those maps to immediatly see the changes on your model.

So basicly I'm talking about is to load a diffuse map and have all the other maps layered above it.

Originally Posted by Slave_zero viewpost.gif

• metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    @Slave_zero, I was actually referring to this ;)

• Panadol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the kind words! I will try and find out what the issue could be.
    Can you post your system specs. and Knald build number please?

The build number is 20130405001 (hopefully that's right).
    Specs are
    Windows 7 64bit
    i7 920 @ 2.66ghz
    2x GTX580
    12GB Ram

I've tried running it both and without SLI enabled.
  • nufftalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nufftalon polycounter lvl 11
    Hi It says in my spec I have open cl 1.0 when I open Gnald.

My crappy specs are:
    windows 7 64 bit
    nvidia 310m geforce with cuda 512mb(zbrush, udk, and 3ds max all still work fine for me)
    i7 core 1.60ghz
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Hey everyone!

We have released a new build that fixes a bunch of issues that some people we having, along with adding the ability to check for new versions. :)
    Could everyone download it and see if they are still having any problems?

Build number 20130413003

New Features:

• Knald now has the option to automatically check for new versions which is configurable via an option in the preferences.

Bug fixes:
    • Fixed an issue where AMD Radeon™ 6000 series GPUs exported Convexity & Concavity as Ambient Occlusion.
    • Fixed an issue where Flip Green was checked in the preferences & was not applied correctly upon restart.
    • Fixed various licence authentication issues.
    • Fixed a few random tooltip errors.
    • The crash reporter no longer requires admin privileges.
    • Other miscellaneous bug fixes.

Cheers!
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Hey ! I just tested Knald on my GTX 470 and it runs perfectly fine ! <3

knald.jpg

I would just suggest the possibility to output textures bigger than the texture you load. I work on a little 512² normal map and I wanted to output a 1024² AO map (from the low-poly). There is no way for me to do this ? Unless I load a bigger texture and then I will get the texture size I want ?

Another thing on the 3D Viewer, it would be cool to be able to Pan and Rotate as we want. Currently the vertically rotation is blocked (and maybe adding a "frame" button like in zBrush). While for characters it's maybe ok, but for props and other things I feel it's a bit limiting.
  • Panadol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone!

We have released a new build that fixes a bunch of issues that some people we having, along with adding the ability to check for new versions. :)
    Could everyone download it and see if they are still having any problems?

Cheers!
    Thanks guys, it is working great now.
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Hey everyone!

We have just released a new build that should fix many of the OpenCL related initialisation issues that some people were having.

Build Number: 20130416001 – April 16th, 2013.

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed various OpenCL™ related initialization issues for users with a multi-GPU environment
    • Fixed various OpenCL™ related initialization issues for users with a single-GPU environment
    • Other miscellaneous bug fixes.
  • imperator_dk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imperator_dk polycounter lvl 10
    Froyok wrote: »
    Hey ! I just tested Knald on my GTX 470 and it runs perfectly fine ! <3

knald.jpg

I would just suggest the possibility to output textures bigger than the texture you load. I work on a little 512² normal map and I wanted to output a 1024² AO map (from the low-poly). There is no way for me to do this ? Unless I load a bigger texture and then I will get the texture size I want ?

Another thing on the 3D Viewer, it would be cool to be able to Pan and Rotate as we want. Currently the vertically rotation is blocked (and maybe adding a "frame" button like in zBrush). While for characters it's maybe ok, but for props and other things I feel it's a bit limiting.

Well it makes it's ao calculations based on the normal map so it wouldn't really be able to give you a higher resolution output than you input ?
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    That's why I precise "from the low-poly", the AO generated from the mesh is not dependent of the texutre, isn't it ?
  • Harbinger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harbinger polycounter lvl 8
    Loving Knald so far! The very high quality concavity/convexity maps are the best part for my workflow.

One thing I'd love to see is a checkbox in the Export settings to auto-export to the same directory that you loaded your Normal map from.
  • XilenceX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XilenceX polycounter lvl 10
    I don't suppose you could send me the normal map could you? It would be really useful for debugging.

Cheers!
    There you go nice excuse to try posting an image on polycount. lol
    bushbranchdiffusefinaln.png