Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

'Station 33' (short-film)

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Basajaun polycounter lvl 10
Hi!

Here's a project I completed last year, a 5 minute-long 3D animated short film titled 'Station 33'. I made most of what you see except for the music and sound effects. I hope you like it and, by all means, feel free to make any comments or give constructive criticism.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVxj_GqTXXo[/ame]

Here some screenshots from the short film:

prj350_001.jpg

prj350_002.jpg

prj350_003.jpg

prj350_004.jpg

prj350_005.jpg

prj350_006.jpg

prj350_007.jpg

prj350_008.jpg

Replies

• Composition--C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Composition--C polycounter lvl 6
    Absolutely amazing!! What program did u do the rendering in?
  • Basajaun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you!

I used 3ds Max/mental ray for rendering and After Effects for comp.
  • Rmunday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rmunday polycounter lvl 9
    Absolutely astounding, how long overall did this project take? got any concept art or rough animation passes to show your progress?
  • Basajaun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man!

I started working on this project in june 2013 and I was supposed to finish it in may 2014. However, I had two other projects going on at the same time plus I was taking other classes too, so I didn't complete it until october/novemer.

The project consisted in producing an short-film 2-5 minutes long. The instructor gave us a rough outline/backstory which was the same for all of us, but we could then develop it individually any way we wanted. These are some of the early concepts I made in the summer of 2013. At the time, I hadn't started writting the script yet but I had a very clear idea of what I wanted in terms of mood and setting.

art300_001.jpg

art300_004.jpg

art300_003.jpg

Once the script was finished, I started working on the storyboard and the design of the main character and props. This was around october 2013.

prj300_001.jpg

prj300_002.jpg

By the end of 2013 was done with the pre-production: I had the animatic finished and everything modeled, textured and rigged; ready to start animating.

prj300_007.jpg

prj300_005.jpg

prj300_006.jpg

From january to july I animated and rendered the whole thing, and from that moment on I did the post and worked with the music/sounFX guy.
  • Basajaun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    By the way, this is the animatic, in case you are interested:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYchwe9kcoo[/ame]