Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Snipergen wrote: »
    Oh god not a stupid world war again >_>

What, not looking forward to Saboteur with style? :poly121:
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I was thinking that the French Revolution/industrial revolution era would be an awesome setting for the third game. Tons of interesting stuff going on historically and decadent Paris and foggy, smoky London would make great environments I think. I said 2 years ago that Renaissance-era Venice would be a cool place to set the second one so let's hope Ubisoft heed my sage-like advice yet again(!).

the new Sherlock Holmes movie comes to mind some some reason.
  • flaagan
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD wrote: »
    the new Sherlock Holmes movie comes to mind some some reason.

Oooh.. Assassin's Creed: Hunt of the Ripper.
    :poly142:
  • vargatom
    Or you'd be the Ripper? :)
  • 00Zero
    just finished it. pretty cool. now what? i guess i can finish collecting everything. and do all the assasination side missions.

you know what. sometimes i wish we had mind erasing devices. so that i could erase my short term memories and then play a game all over again and it would feel like the first time.
  • 00Zero
    spoiler
    after finishing the game, i found another one of those patterns on the Villa (the kind you have to eagle vision and then do a puzzle). it says 12212012 which translates to december 21 2012. so, yea i think the next game is going to be set in that era, or heavily influenced by it.
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    December 21st 2012? It could also be AC3's next release date! :D

Or, you know, "2012". When we all die.
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Nick Carver - vahl and I were working on spoofing an Assassin's Creed sequel set in London, England circa 1888 when Jack the Ripper was on the loose:

ac1888_mar8th_01.jpg

ac1888_mar21_00.jpg

ac1888_mar21_04.jpg
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I'm looking forward to the spoof.
  • vargatom
    Two DLC chapters have just been announced for january and february :)
  • danshewan
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    mLichy wrote: »
    I've heard things about maybe it being in Japan or China or something, but idk... doesn't seem like it would go that way....

Why not? I think the market is aching for a really good ninja game.
  • ru4it
    Offline / Send Message
    ru4it polygon
    The first DLC episode, Battle of Forli, is planned for release in January, while the second, Bonfire of the Vanities, hits a month later in February.

The downloadable content will fill out the missing memory blocks in Assassin's Creed II. The titles of the content are telling in themselves. The battle of Forli most likely deals with the town being seized by Cesare Borgia (The villain in ACII) in 1499. Control of the town had previously been claimed by Pope Sixtus IV and given to his nephew Gerolamo Riario. Riario's wife was the beautiful Caterina Sforza, who fans of the game might remember running into as Ezio tried to board a boat to Venice. It's possible that the plot aligns Ezio with Caterina as she fights for the town's independence.

The Bonfire of the Vanities is a more popular historical event where supporters of the church would congregate and burn possessions that were associated with vanity like mirrors or make-up. The game refers to one such event taking place in Florence during one of the missing memories. Historically, the confrontation resulted in Caterina being taken prisoner by Cesare Borgia and relocated to Rome.

Ubisoft didn't mention any pricing details just yet, however, they did drop an unusually large harddrive space requirement. Each DLC has a minimum 1GB of needed memory, meaning these episodes could be pretty lengthy
  • flaagan
    Offline / Send Message
    I would certainly hope they are lengthy, seeing as the road to Forli was more memorable than the actual location.
  • Marine
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    flaagan wrote: »
    Snipergen - actually, rumor has it that the next Assassin's Creed will be set in either WWI or II, with the ancestor being a female assassin... Desmond's grandmother perhaps? It would be rather amusing to see Desmond connect with living family members.

but they've already made velvet assassin, and it sucked
  • kwakkie
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    The game is awesome! The whole villa thing is great, probably spent more than half my gametime on that already (16 hours in sofar, just got the flying machine).

THe only thing bothering me has been mentioned here before: it is too easy. I died 3 times and never used a potion once(and you can carry like 15 of them!). I always try to assasinate the targets without getting spotten, but its almost as if the game doesnt allow you to! Attacks from above with the hidden knife always miss, throwing daggers dont kill, you cant even assasinate a target from the back without automatically triggering it's spiderman senses!!! So, you end up chasing every damn target instead of actually assasinating them!

Also, I wish the weapon stats would actually make a difference(seriously, they add stats to weapons but the fastest way to kill an enemy is by timing one button press...). And I would have liked more capes and the dyes for your suit are all very bland and boring,

Other than than.. its gooood :D
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    great game actually.
    ALOT of things that bother me though.

RANT TIME.
    The guards in Romagna look like Luigi.

It's too easy. I suck at games, but I didn't even get killed once throughout. The only reason I died was because of the free running.

Some of the dialogue (the vagina line, the HILARIOUS mario line :/ )]

The swapping between italian and english. I know it's set in Italy, so which one do they speak? I can happily assume they speak in Italian and it's interpreted in English equivalent, but when you swap between the two languages at will its just annoying. Decide on one!!

The climbing still has little issues, like occassionally you will not be able to climb higher until you shift to the side a little, go back to the same spot, and climb up. It's really frustrating when you can't carry on climbing for no reason.

Rooftops are still flawed. It's by far the best way to travel, but now every second rooftop seems to have an archer on it who will immediately shoot at you if you so much as run. It just feels like I'm getting punished for doing what is the easiest, and most fun, way of getting around (isnt it based on parkour!?)

Visually everything is very flat in value range, particularly at the start of the game. It's a little better in Venice, but generally everything is a very small range of values tbh.

some of the NPC dialogue pieces. in fact, just two. One sounds like a bad new york impression (YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE UP HERE) and the NICE MOVES guy sounds like Harry Hill taking the piss. ARGH.

Oh and some of the story dialogue just reminds me of Peter Griffin trying to speak Italian;
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JhuOicPFZY[/ame]

Throwing Daggers will kill someone in one if they haven't seen you, but the moment they see you, it takes three to take them down. Made some assassination contracts ridiculous. Broken rules surely.

Why was that girl's face broken? The one who helps you out as Desmond? The model in AC1 was great, but the first thing you are 'treated' to in AC2 is this model who suddenly has been to the Joker's school of facial expression (read, ungodly large mouth.)

On a similar note, did anyone else think that your fat sister looked like she had a soul patch courtesy of vertex normals?

Climbing down a building or ledge is still broken. It's ridiculously long winded. You can't just drop off the side, you have to either leap like a madman, or stop, press B, look down, press B to drop down to hang, press B to drop down again from that hang.

Not much else bothers me, because despite all that it's a great game. Art is great, and I'm playing till I get all 1000/1000 which I haven't done before.

Assassin tombs were great. my favourite part, no doubt about it.
  • vargatom
    Why was that girl's face broken? The one who helps you out as Desmond? The model in AC1 was great, but the first thing you are 'treated' to in AC2 is this model who suddenly has been to the Joker's school of facial expression (read, ungodly large mouth.)

Apparently Image Metrics, the company that did the facial mocap and processing, isn't always at the top of their game.

The Santa Maria Visitazione tomb has really driven me nearly insane with the timed advanced wall jump things. Seriously frustrating to finally compete the course just 1 second late and having to begin again from the start...
  • ElysiumGX
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Just getting started with the game, but loving it.

All the major complaints from the first game have so far been improved. I like the story, and the close tie-in with history events and locations.

I love playing at night. It feels more realistic sneaking around. The lighting in the game is great, except for the occasional super bloom scripted sequences.

The animations are smooth, and i've noticed a few new movements when climbing around certain obstacles.

My only complaint (because this is polycount, that's what we do), and it in no way affects gamplay, is the fact that many of the secondary characters look and animated much better than the primary characters. The head prostitute looks fantastic. I'm just sayin.

Another complaint. What is Uplay, and why should I care. Is this Ubisoft trying to compete with EA's account link bullshit? Meh, I'll just ignore it.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    i am stuck on the CTF portion of the games... i guess i need to hire the thieves for the third round.
  • javi
    Offline / Send Message
    javi polycounter lvl 16
    Dekard wrote: »
    i am stuck on the CTF portion of the games... i guess i need to hire the thieves for the third round.

I just dropped down off the roof then ran. Sure,I lost a lot of health, but it worked out in the end. The ending is really great. I also ended up scoring a full 1000pts up on xbl for this game.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    yup just finished it, I heard from r13 & Marine that
    there are several endings, according to what you've collected. Since I collected all the truths I had gotten the alien adam/eve ending where the head lady was talking to Desmond. Pretty weird, but kinda cool. I also thought it was kinda cool to show the credits as you ended the game fighting the science dudes. :D
  • Gallows
    Offline / Send Message
    Gallows polycounter lvl 9
    About half way right now. Game is sick. Modern Warfare 2 can blow my ass.
  • kwakkie
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Dekard: that is the same ending I got even though I only collected about 7 truth messages

Finished it!
    Damn that last fight sucked, seriously, every fight is just a timed button press, even the end boss is defeated as easily as some random guard! AC1's boss was way cooler and more challenging imo.

I am actually considering collecting all those feathers now to get a 1000/1000 gamerscore, even though I normally couldnt care less about that :D

Also, what is up with that UPLAY, I cant find where to acces it anywhere in the game! :poly141:
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    at the tittle screen, press Y

it's a Ubisoft hub for all their upcoming games. you can spend the Upoints you unlock in game for in-game items, areas, or xbox themes.
    Unfortunately, the unlocked area will only give you more gold, no sweet loot
  • Firecracker197
    Offline / Send Message
    Firecracker197 polycounter lvl 11
    Thought I would dig this up since I just finished the game today.

I loved it! Ubisoft always makes awesome games, they always seem to be games I can enjoy (since I easily fail most of the time) so when some people say they are too easy, for me they are just right. I get a chance to go through the story and look at all the beautiful environments without breaking a window via flying controller :D
    "What the fuck?" yeah I totally said that at the same time as Desmond, I am glad they left it open though, I cant wait to see the next one!

I'm working on finding feathers right now, but I am no good at that sort of thing, I still can't even find the 4 in the villa, I am missing 2, I got all the statues though at least. But its cool you can still run around after the game, whenever I get bored I might go do some assassination contracts or something. Oh and the UPlay thing was cool, even though that extra tumb was a bitch.