Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota2] – Phantom Asassin – TBD

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
ACap polycounter lvl 9
Hello everybody! There are so many cool entries in this contest. Let me present my Phantom Asassin concepts. I am not decided yet which I will choose for 3d. Experimented with colors a bit. I hope my experiments did not changed her mood too much. Just tried to escape from basic cold theme. Anyway colors are not final yet and 100% will be changed during texturing. I have one more concept to create before jumping into zbrush.

Replies

• Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    The 3rd one looks really cool, but I'd adjust the colors to match your first concept. Maybe keep some of the color palette that you have right now in smaller role as accents.
  • BttLsht
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Third one it is and also has mentioned everywhere you should all ways keep the same base colours.
  • Futashia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice concepts! but keep in mind you CAN'T re-design the bracers, torso (the texture on her actual body), pants or boots. So keep in mind when you design, you do have some boundaries to work in.

Keep this list in mind!

Item slots and their budgets

Head
    LoD0 Triangle Limit: 1200
    LoD1 Triangle Limit: 600
    Texture Size: 256H x 256W

Shoulders
    LoD0 Triangle Limit: 1000
    LoD1 Triangle Limit: 550

Back
    LoD0 Triangle Limit: 500
    LoD1 Triangle Limit: 450

Weapon
    LoD0 Triangle Limit: 700
    LoD1 Triangle Limit: 600
    This model should primarily be bound to the bone: weapon0_0

Belt
    LoD0 Triangle Limit: 500
    LoD1 Triangle Limit: 300
    Texture Size: 128H x 256W
  • D-TiMeR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Fingus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fingus polycounter lvl 11
    I agree, the third one is boss! But keep in mind the limitations of what you can swap out and how they fit on the rig. Download the model from the workshop page and take a look at how she is set up.
  • foeffa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3rd one = like a boss !
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    Spudnik, BttLsht - Thank you. Completely agreed.
    Futashia - Great thanks, You saved a lot of my time) How could I lose that?)
    D-TiMeR, foeffa - 3rd - Thank you, of course, but it will have serious changes because of base mesh limitations.
    Fingus - Thank you. I downloaded model, but did not read specifications thoroughly, so I thought I have more room for manoeuvres)
    Final concept will be tomorrow. It was almost completed, but I forgot it on my job yesterday) More progress soon. Thank you for replies, it very helpful.
  • TweaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TweaK polycounter lvl 6
    I agree, 3rd design is great and I love most of the weapons.
    Anyway, I'd try some different shapes for the cape and also maybe change the inner details of the weapon of the 3rd concept. I really like the 3rd weapon on the 4th pic too :)
  • Trakesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think when or rather before texturing this you should go back to PA's original colour scheme. All the sets are pretty cool though and I think they fit her well.
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    TweaK - Thank you. I saw her cape in the game and it is really fluid when she moves, so I decided not to experiment with it too much an leave it almost default, but not so weary. I love 3rd weapon in 4th set too, but I think original tier 3 weapon will better represent the set.
    Trakesh - Thank you. I will use default color scheme, thought it would be interesting to make things different. If I would have a chance to make full new set - it would be definitely other.

And as I promised - my finished concept. Already jumped to the 3d. Low poly almost completed. News soon. Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate that:)
    pa-Phantom-Rage.jpg
  • BttLsht
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keep on now that the colours are in theme only thing that is weird she cant see inside this helmet.
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    BttLsht - Thank you. I decided to make sort of magic glowing lens in her helmet. I think it will looks cool.

Well guys, it is pretty much done. Everything is modeled, UVed, sculpted, baked and painted. Now it is time for some adjustments, Creating masks and importing. I am so afraid of this moment - Hope everything will be ok)
    Phantom-Rage-3d.jpg
  • foeffa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Beezow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Helmet looks a bit too superhero-ish, if you know what I mean. Reminds me of the batman.
  • cakeypigdog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is looking great so far
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    MediumTurquoise, cakeypigdog - Thank you.
    Beezow - Thank you, you are right. I will even amplify this feeling with glowing eyes. Batman is coming to dota 2)

I am now working over my exporting. Progress soon.
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Don't take this the wrong way, but everything looks a bit bland. I don't mean dull or boring, but rather that a lot of the colors are the same everywhere. Play around with some accents, tint the shadows a bit with another color for example and I'd also suggest doing some heavier gradients. Really nice and especially fast progress, great job!
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    Spudnik - Thank you. I think my eye was a bit tired, so word of wisdom is really helped. I played with gradients a bit and I think it now looks better. Did not tryed to export yet - was busy with my Clinkz. Will try to export soon, before deadlne of course)
    Phantom-Rage-3d-1.jpg
  • typo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    typo polycounter lvl 5
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    typo - Thank you.
    Some presentation work. Everything is almost done. presentation-sheet---phantom-Rage.jpg
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    Hello, polycounters. After a lot of helpful critics I decided to move colours closer to the original color scheme and darkened all items. Those white stripes was to intense. Also tried to make accent on the weapon and head-shoulders area. Ingame renders will add more with masks applyed. I think it became a bit better.
    Phantom-Rage-colortweak.jpg
  • naruSol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    naruSol polycounter lvl 18
    I'd be interested to see if you could work in some of the silver from her breastplate elsewhere. Even on the original design it stands out a lot amongst all the shadowy blues and grays.
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    naruSol - Thank you. I thought about it, and for now found, that the best place for shiny part - is her breast. It just look odd in the game, when bright silver is too much) Though I will make some helmet details brighter to put there more accent.
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
  • ACap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9