Quixel SUITE - News

Replies

• Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    Totally awesome, thanks for the update!
    Thousand wrote: »
    If I was you, I´d post the link to the support forum instead of getting rude. Something like this: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135743

The Quixel forum/support/news/whatever "system" is really annoying, so nobody should be surprised about the confusion.
    Apologies, although I would argue it's even more annoying when you try to follow a thread and updates of a product and the content is very off-topic. The system is very simple, you're in the Quixel forum, and each thread is clearly titled with what the thread is about.

I'm sorry if it came across as rude.
  • AidanPuche
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We have a problem with last version 1.3.

We use Quixel with UnrealEngine4. When we tried a texturing in 1.3, and you change the scale of material the texture, this become missing, and only the color applied it. Texture Albedo disappear.

It's only failed on UE4 and UE4(Optimized)calibration settings. PBR works fine.

One picture:

Sorry, isn't support thread.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    AidanPuche wrote: »
    We have a problem with last version 1.3.

We use Quixel with UnrealEngine4. When we tried a texturing in 1.3, and you change the scale of material the texture, this become missing, and only the color applied it. Texture from material is missing.

It's only failed on UE4 and UE4(Optimized)calibration settings. PBR works fine.

One picture:

I had this issue also. I'm guessing I still do.

Changing the scale makes the albedo texture disappear.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler: Really sorry about this crash. I'm currently looking into what might have caused this -- putting together a hot-fix.

Gheromo: Combining multiple maps into a single one is possible with calibration scripts (UE4 (Optimized) does this for instance) -- but agreed, a simple UI for it would be ideal!

OutOfMyMind: Great to hear you are up and running. I still fear the issue persists for some but good to know it has been partly resolved. Thanks for letting me know!

AidanPuche & Joopson: Thanks for the reports guys. This seems to have to do with having Metalness checked. Will resolve this in the hot-fix, very appreciated.

For in-depth info on how to hook up DDO with Toolbag 2 a guide was just posted up: http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=toolbag2

Thanks everyone!
    - Teddy
  • programmer23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    programmer23 polycounter lvl 6
    With the new update, is it possible to take older quixel projects, reload them, and then get them re-callibrated for UE4?
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    teddybergsman: If you are going to be doing those changes to exporter please have a look at "QuickSaveMaps" plugin for Photoshop. It allows for great level of customisation and great flexibility. Something current exporter lacks. By the way can you explain in a bit more detail how these calibration profiles work in a bit more detail? For example what is the difference between UE4 / Disney and so on.
    Thanks
  • matttzeng
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HI !I did in 1.0 .I really like the detail of metal.
    I will try 1.3 .
    Render by marmoset 2 matt-tzeng-fatty-dark-l.jpg?1405536291
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkEdge polycounter lvl 10
    Teddy you and "The Crew" are killin' it brother. Not only do you guys take time to answer questions and help resolve user issues...you continue to refine Suite to a form of crack candy that we can't resist. This latest update is amazing. Keep up the good work! :)
  • acealmighty13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acealmighty13 polycounter lvl 10
    Emissive maps? I've yet to really dive into using them with Quixel Suite. I just add layers on top of the texture maps where the light will come from. But this is time consuming in the Suite's new set up. DDo wasn't too much of a problem, all the layers were stacked on top of one another. is there an Emissive map option? Or a way to trick the software into doing so?
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    programmer23: It depends a little on how old -- if your project is created using 1.2 you can do this by adding a Metalness and Albedo for Metalness map after the fact, and then removing the original albedo and specular maps, as a workaround.

Gheromo: An advanced mode will likely make it in, as well as a guide on making custom calibration profiles for super special needs & flexibility. The current dropdowns will get a bit more info as well on what each profile does exactly in 1.4. The main single difference between the Disney PBR and UE4 profiles is that the normal Y channel is flipped for UE4. The UE4 (Optimized) profile takes Roughness, Metalness and Occlusion and combines them in to the R, G & B channels of a single Reflectivity map.

DarkEdge: so much important stuff still missing... more to come!

matttzeng: Big thanks for sharing. Really dig the glowing hand details. Hopefully 1.3 works too :D

acealmighty13: Yes there is! Simply add an emissive map at any point by going to Add map in the DDO menu dropdown and click Emissive. Every tweak made in this map will show in 3DO.

- Teddy
  • AJUK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AJUK polycounter lvl 2
    I can't get the automatic updater to work from 1.2 to 1.3, it closes the Quixel window and then nothing happens. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkEdge polycounter lvl 10
    I love Toolbox so don't get me wrong...luv it! But some of my mates are asking if there might be a hookup for Keyshot in the future?? Or is that a completely different creature?
  • rickky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    where is the fbx swatches
  • Sammy101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sammy101 polycounter lvl 6
    Hey guys I am new to the PBR DDO and I was wondering if someone could take me under their wing to help me utilize DDO to its full potential. :)

My skype is david.sominsomin and if need be, I'd be willing to pay for a tutor if it has to come to that.

Regards
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada polycounter lvl 11
    The suite, doesn't seem to work with Photoshop CC 2014
  • radiancef0rge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    radiancef0rge ngon master
    works with my version of cc
  • JGreentheRookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JGreentheRookie polycounter lvl 10
    My suite always crashes when I click on the N or D symbol. I tried all versions :(:(:(

I have CS6
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gordon Robb polycounter lvl 2
    I have just got it. I downloaded the helmet sample files. If I load the ddo project, it all works as expected. But if I try to load form scratch to build materials myself, it does not create the MatID image properly so there are no material groups to work with. It does this with my own objects too. Photoshop CC here. Where do I get support for this?
  • MachineMeditation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MachineMeditation polycounter lvl 2
    I have been using Quixel for a little while now and I have some suggestions (that may or may not be features that I am unable to find or figure out)

I would love to see a wireframe view mode in the 3D viewer.
    I cannot seem to find a way to rotate a material. I made a custom wood material and it was going the wrong way, so I had to make an entirely new material with all of the maps rotated 90.

Also, I don't know if this is appropriate for this forum, but I really hope refunds are processed for people that bought the old version right before it was made free and paid for the new one, we were promised refunds in that situation. It's been months since I made the purchase.

Thank You
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MachineMeditation I dont see why you think you need a refund / why you bought suite or whatever again when its been clearly told everywhere multiple times that licenses will carry over to the suite and you dont need to pay for the dDo, nDo if you have licenses for old versions.
  • Regretful123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, I'm starting to use the Quixel suite a few days ago mainly for adding normals and some texture touch up. One thing I noticed was that when using nDo, using the 3Do will not let you use a custom mesh object to preview the normals I've worked on. This is frustrating because now I have to figure it out manually if it the normal is sticking out too much or is it in the right position.

I also happen to noticed that using the Z buffer on the normal makes the dark area very shiny in the 3Do, any cause of this?
  • MachineMeditation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo: I can understand your confusion which is due to a lack of information. The information that you are missing is that I have been double charged, now having two NDO and two DDO licenses when I only ordered one NDO/DDO a day before it was offered for free. I do appreciate the information you posted but that information was readily available on the front pages at Quixel, I'm sure only the illiterate could miss such obvious data. Quixel software is very nicely done, I do love exploring it but I abhor the customer service, which seems to be an issue for many other customers.
  • MachineMeditation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I figured out an easy way around the wireframe view mode, Marmoset Toolbag 2! :)
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MachineMeditation My apologies then! :) Yea customer service is something we all wish was better. Whole Quixel went silent again despite the promises.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We're not silent! Running on fewer staff members during holiday season is all! And in all fairness you are reporting payment/license issues in the news thread ;) Lets just call it even and all be friends!

@MachineMeditation - If you have been charged with two licenses I really do apologize! Obviously that is unacceptable,
    send an email from http://dev.quixel.se/contact and someone will contact you! Or contact me through a private message and i will help you!
  • Vipera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vipera polycounter lvl 2
    One thing I noticed was that when using nDo, using the 3Do will not let you use a custom mesh object to preview the normals I've worked on.

This is the question I would like to have an answer. How can we load a custom mesh for NDO work preview?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @regretful123 @Vipera - You can display your normal map on a custom mesh, to do this you just input your mesh through the custom loader, here is the wiki entry on how to do that http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=starting3do&s[]=custom&s[]=loader
    after that you just hit refresh to see your updates!
  • Vipera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vipera polycounter lvl 2
    @regretful123 @Vipera - You can display your normal map on a custom mesh, to do this you just input your mesh through the custom loader, here is the wiki entry on how to do that http://quixel.se/usermanual/quixelsuite/doku.php?id=starting3do&s[]=custom&s[]=loader
    after that you just hit refresh to see your updates!

Thank you! It works! Would be nice to have this information in NDO help section. I have noticed that many people have such question.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Vipera - You are very right, the wiki is under constant construction and some areas need more info! glad it works for you :)
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeluis polycounter lvl 17
    can someone help me understand the difference of an albedo and the albedoM? i have been using the regular pbr calibration profile. I am now trying some things out in UE4 and when i input a base diffuse it wont show up under AlbedoM but it does under Albedo. (albedo is not a default map when using the ue4 preset) i cant find documentation over this. I understand the metalic map stuff and how it interacts but this albedo m is definately causing me some grief.
  • Wenceslas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Quixel, I was wondering... what will happen on September 8 ?
    It seems to be the end of the beta, but will it also be the release, or will we need to wait a little more about that ? =)

(I'm wondering if I'll need to say farewell to the new NDO soon ) ( T^T )
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @yeluis - AlbedoM is an Albedo specific to the metalness workflow. It contains both diffuse albedo (for non-metals) and specular albedo (for metals). Wherever the metalness map is painted white it picks the specular albedo from the AlbedoM map. The diffuse albedo for metals is automatically made black in the shader. A "regular" albedo map contains diffuse albedo only, meaning even metals can have diffuse intensity painted into them.

We hope to have some better documentation on this soon, hope this helps in the meantime!

@wencesias - On september 8 the beta will end and the tools will be released as a retail version!
    It will be a free upgrade for anyone who already have a license, so if you already own DDO the new DDO will be free for you. If you don't already have them they are still very affordable at 99 dollars for the freelance version of the suite. :)
  • MachineMeditation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo- NP I think it's something I did anyway...
    Eric Ramberg- Thank you, I will contact you as soon as I can. :)
  • BearByrnes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just wanted to hop on here and say thanks to the devs for an amazing program. I have been playing around with the beta for a few days and absolutely love it.

My one question, don't know if you can answer this yet, is whether there is a plan for more dynamic seam masking? DDO is amazing, but I do tend to find a lot of seam issues once I make my maps. I was wondering if there are plans to remedy this, or if I'm just missing an already implemented feature to correct DDO's seam errors?

Cheers all,
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @BearByrnes - If you´re talking about UV seams then yes, there is a tool in the works for that :)
  • BearByrnes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the quick response Eric, and yes I was talking about UV seams. Super pumped that there is a feature coming to help with them.

Keep up all the great work guys. :)
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for your support!
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    [Redacted: Moved post to appropriate Support Thread]
  • jeff85008
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for all your hard work guys :) Will we get an email when the retail version is released?
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
    just for to let you know : i just got quixel suite 1.4 just when i was about to go to bed ! :D so go right now !
  • tungerz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tungerz polygon
    woah,
    thanks for the update... d/l now
    Nice splash too (
  • Shanteez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shanteez polycounter lvl 5
    UPDATE AWESOME! I'm loving this!
  • Eric Ramberg
  • BearByrnes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I just wanted to hop on again and thank you guys for the new update. Really loving the stability fixes its running like butter on my machine. Also thanks for extending the beta, I'd always rather have a program take longer to develop and be rock solid at release than be unstable and come out earlier. Also the new video from Leslie is awesome! exactly what I've been looking for in a great overview of DDO, great job guys!
  • Vipera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vipera polycounter lvl 2
    Looks like the swatches are not included in version 1.4 too.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @BearByrnes - Sweet, thank you man!

@vipera - Sorry, in the next release!
  • Carlosan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carlosan polycounter lvl 10
    delete me please
  • MohsenDehnavi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    what is latest version of quixel suite beta?

1.3 or 1.4?

when will come final version?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1.4 is the latest version. We haven´t set a final date yet, but it not that far off, probably a couple of weeks!
  • mastajappa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mastajappa polycounter lvl 9
    Pretty poly please! tell us there will be plans for a mac version!