Home Unreal Engine

cholden's UDK Tutorials

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
cholden polycounter lvl 18
Updated with links to each posted section

01_Intro
Brief history of Unreal, and links to documentation you should be familiar with.

02-Setup
Information about setting up packages, and naming convention examples.

02B-Quick Scene Setup
This answers a lot of the common questions people ask as they are just getting into UDK. It shows a few basic UDK features you can activate to greatly improve presentation of a scene.

03-Material Editor
Introduction to UDK's Material Editor with examples to setup a parent material for use in instancing.

04-Static Meshes
What you need to know about getting models in UDK.

05-Particles
Coming soon? maybe...

06-Kismet
Add a working door, add a key to unlock said door, and many other examples.

*original post*
For those of you that have followed my recent posts, you know I've had UDK tutorials on the way. Currently, I have written and taken images for intro, setup, materials, static meshes, blockout, kismet and particles. It's a LOT of information that's taking a good chunk of time to organize, test and publish for you folks to enjoy.

Tonight I took a first pass at cleaning up my Material Editor documentation. As many questions that come up in this area of UDK development, I felt it was most important to get out. Here's the first one I'm posting:

Material Editor

If you see anything that doesn't make sense, or even spelling errors, feel free to point those out as I didn't edit this as much as I'd prefer. Long way to go on this full completion, so keep reminding me to finish this.

Replies