Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP - environment] - deus ex based scene

yodude87
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
yodude87 polycounter lvl 5
well hello there everyone :)

ive been recently working in this scene based on a concept from deus ex human revolution.

At first i was thinking of posting this only when id have it finished, but as i want this to be a folio piece (still have to start my own... i have the works to make it, but not the folio itself hehehe), i thought it would be better to post it here and ask you guys for crits, anything.

the concept is the following one:

nps5n5.jpg

the WIP as of now stands as follows:

bd8ok.jpg

28vau09.jpg

the walls are placeholders for now, still have to add some decals in the intersections, and add some variation, as they look very repeated to me.

effects for now are dust particles, video on tv (.bik), xray board flickering (still have to add a more convincing flickering though), reflecting floor (reflection vector, no cubemap).

so, fire away, crits are more than welcome :D

Replies

• Alex3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex3d polycounter lvl 9
    Hey, good start. When it comes to models, you've got a pretty good blockout. However, on the right you seem to have a wall make a curve for the ceiling, while it should be straight. This also effects the couch next to the wall; the backpiece of it is too thick, it should be way narrower. The blue table in far left corner has 4 drawers, while the concept shows 3 and slightly elevated from the ground. There are also a bunch of details missing from walls and ceiling, but I'm confident that you'll add them later as well as the rest of assets from the concept.
    Lighting is obviously an issue. The ceiling lights should glow brighter. And the window on the right should give of a light blue hue. Anyways, good work so far, keep them coming!
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex3d wrote: »
    Hey, good start. When it comes to models, you've got a pretty good blockout. However, on the right you seem to have a wall make a curve for the ceiling, while it should be straight. This also effects the couch next to the wall; the backpiece of it is too thick, it should be way narrower. The blue table in far left corner has 4 drawers, while the concept shows 3 and slightly elevated from the ground. There are also a bunch of details missing from walls and ceiling, but I'm confident that you'll add them later as well as the rest of assets from the concept.
    Lighting is obviously an issue. The ceiling lights should glow brighter. And the window on the right should give of a light blue hue. Anyways, good work so far, keep them coming!

thanks for the reply :)

yea, the scene is pretty much in its start... still loads of things to add, lighting tweaking, etc.

havent had much time to work on the scene 24 /7, as this monday i have an exam, thus im studying like crazy... but from monday on, ill make sure i give the appropriate love to the scene, cos i particularl liked the concept. and achieving a result similar to the original concept is something i really want.
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    2004pcy.jpg

24fxzpy.jpg

n6k1t.jpg

might look a tad bright, thats because its just a viewport grab.

crits welcome :)

edit: the wall modules are placeholders, just blocking. have some terrible shadow artifacts in them from bad alineating :S
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    small update.

paper stack fillers, metal shelfs, AO tweak, lighting tweak, and some other minor stuff.

sorry for the kinda blurry screenshot, am in a bit of a hurry right now, just posting this to see what you guys think of the scene as it stands, what should be improved (model, texture and ambient-wise), so fire away :)

67jlvb.jpg
  • Alex3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex3d polycounter lvl 9
    Good to see that you are still working on it!
    Lighting still needs more tweak, its too yellow :P The concept has a refreshing blend of warm and cold hues (white unifies the scene). As far as the texturing goes, I think that the ceiling and walls should have a darker shade to them. Anyways, keep going!
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    small update, minor props and more lighting tweaks :)

in need of some inputs from you guys, as i cant see what else to add to the scene aside from texture tweaks... what do you guys say? in need of ideas here :)

8xtpw5.jpg

edit: the darker light on the roof is that way cos it stutters, an added effect i thought would fit nicely the scene.
  • Alex3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex3d polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah the darker shade on ceiling and walls is more accurate to the scene; doing good! Have some light & glare coming from the display with Xrays, and add more light with blue shade to it from the window
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex3d wrote: »
    Yeah the darker shade on ceiling and walls is more accurate to the scene; doing good! Have some light & glare coming from the display with Xrays, and add more light with blue shade to it from the window

the xray display actually stutters too... so it actually projects light (emissive texture). but the blue shade is definetely a good idea. will be adding it as soon :)