Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota2] – Skeleton King – Edge of Insanity

Hey all!
I'm a little late with my thread but I'm mostly programming these days so while I was able to work on it, I haven't really had the time to post my progress. However, there are only 9-10 days left, so I really have to, in order to get some of your input.

wip9.png

This is what I had a while ago. The idea was to work with cloth a lot, but since DOTA2 doesn't support double sided materials, I had to rework everything a little.

wip15.png

So now everything is one solid mesh. Unfortunately this means I can't have the loose fitting cloth and have to work with tightly bound cloth.

There's also some odd stretching on the blade which I can't seem to get rid of.

This means that most of my detail will have to be put into the materials.

wip16.png
wip17.png
wip18.png
wip19.png
wip20.png
wip21.png

So far the biggest problem is the helmet. The difference in polycount between LOD0 and LOD1 is enormous (550 and 300 respectively). Everything else is already optimized for LOD1, so I only need to add some details later.

This is the only Artistic project I'm working on these days, since it is part of our education, so you'll have to excuse my tardiness (Programming and Modelling are hard to mix, but I manage :) ).

Unfortunately I don't have a scanner handy, or I'd post my concept sketches. Those will have to wait a while.

Replies