Home Contests & Challenges Archives

LPC #01 - Wii F-Zero racer - ComradeJ

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
fzqd1.jpg

742 Polygons so far, but I haven't a clue as to what to spend the rest on.

Replies

• hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    jeez how many pilots does this have?
  • ironbearxl
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    you could add a three blade fan in the two front jets? can't wait to see some colors on it.
  • Zwebbie
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawken: only one. It's a big big, but who cares?

Update. Going for a classical Roman theme, to see how that works out... to be honest, I think the real F-Zero cars are just a bit too characterless. It's now at 1000 polygons exactly (limits are below 1000. I have one too many frown.gif ). The polies I had left went into the cockpit and pilot; I saw a GC F-Zero screen that showed a driver and the Wii is uber next-gen.

(Very WIP. Not very happy with the bladdering paint either)

fz2ql1.jpg
  • Zwebbie
    Offline / Send Message
    Update!

fz4de8.jpg

I don't dare call it finished quite yet, but it'll need some stepping back (and crits wink.gif ) to see what to improve.
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    nice work. I think the scratches on the edges of the polys on the back of the red ship are too uniform, how would it have ever been stratched so much in an area like that? Other than that, perhaps the dirt is too blackish, maybe experiment with the colours of the dirt
  • Sandbag
    Offline / Send Message
    Sandbag polycounter lvl 18
    I think the photo-texture overlay makes it look much more like stone rather than metal. I would either go for a different overlay or at least lower the opacity of the current greatly.

I agree that some of the scratching is a bit too uniform also, try not to think of it as "where are the edges of the mesh so I can make them white" and instead shoot for "where would objects impact this device on a regular basis removing paint and/or leaving defined lines in the metal"