Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alien grunt

I haven't pimped anything off in a while in fact I haven't had much time to do much of anything computer related...
/me wags fist at job!
The "plan" is to get this model to a stage where I can bring it into Z-Brush and start the learning process, MAYBE find a way to squeeze out a normal map? 2829 tri's right now trying to stay under 3000 for the final piece.

Something looks funky about the back feet/legs any pointers?
bug04_02.jpg
bug04_03.jpg
bug04_01.jpg
bug04_04.jpg
bug04_05.jpg

Replies

• acc
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    Well the lower back legs are awful skinny compared to the front. Generally, wouldn't the back legs be the larger and more powerful ones? It looks like the sort of creature that would use them to launch itself.
    Also on the front legs the upper leg is smaller than the lower half. Doesn't seem practical.

Overall I really like the model; it has lots of character. Maybe you could toss a spike or something on the tail, though, as it looks bland compared to the rest.
  • cholden
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like the pounce and big claw design like a wild cat, with the tusks and head of a warthog.

How do you plan for this beast to attack? If it's a powerhouse like a wild pig or lion, it'll need a much stronger/bulky neck. I suggest giving it a large, bullish and tiger body. This will better balance the huge claws and massive head you have. If you want a more agile creature, reduce the large claws and head size, more like a cheetah. If I'm not mistaken, cheetahs use speed to catch and bite the neck to suffocate it's prey. Where as larger cats, lions and tigers, use massive jaws to snap the neck. Boars use large heads to ram and tusks to gore, but this is purely defensive.

Looks like an ok model overall, head shape and skinniness kinda bugs me though. Looks like a good model to make one of those zbrush organic abominations. :þ
  • einfopedia
    can you tell me the name of the software which you are using for this so that i want to make the cats.which tool is used for this...i like same this sketch.thanks
  • LaurenceGEE
    Few triangles in that mesh, especially if it is going to be animated.

But looks kewl :)