Art Director (f/m)
on 07-04-2012 06:12 AM
YAGER - the developer of Spec Ops: The Line - seeks the talents of a passionate and experienced Art Director. He/She will inspire our team and drive the creative vision on exciting multi-platform next-generation action titles.
The Art Director is responsible for setting a creative direction that will inspire and convince our team and external partners. This direction should push our boundaries to drive artistic excellence within the studio, whilst being sensitive to our project constraints. The Art Director will review and evaluate artistic designs and decisions. He/She will work closely with the interdepartmental Leads and Producer to tackle challenges. Throughout the course of the project, he/she will maintain the visual integrity in all art domains, and ensure they are delivered to the highest quality on schedule and within budget.
- Establish and communicate a strong and consistent project vision and work continuously to raise the bar of artistic excellence
- Work with art, animation and engineering leads, devise efficient art pipelines that support rapid iterations, minimize waste, optimize memory/performance footprint and deliver consistent quality
- Produce key concept art for the project and properly delegate to other concept artists, ensuring they work to their strengths and to the project’s priorities
- Mentor artists, supplying them with direction and best practice
- Bring solutions and support Leads making the best decisions
- Participate in the hiring process for all art positions
- 5+ years in Art Director position with proven track record of managing large teams to success and shipping games on multiple platforms
- Demonstrate compelling vision and passion for art department and the presented project
- Display great communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and in written
- A broad knowledge, passion and interest in console and PC games
- Background in traditional art and any relevant experience or studies (e.g. photography, film, architecture, art history etc.)
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
Join us at YAGER!
- Full-time and On-site
- Status: Employment
- Start: as soon as possible
Please send your application (letter of application, C.V., digital working samples, references – max. 10MB) along with salary and availability details to the attention of our HR Department to email@example.com. Please be sure to reference "Art Director (f/m)" in the subject line of your email.