Home Contests & Challenges Archives

LPC #05 - No One - Crysis

Im picking Crysis hope to do it justice.

crysis_presell_poster.jpg

This is a fun competition I didn't want to pass up, since it's pretty much Spacey inspired smile.gif.

Replies

• no one
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lopowqc9.jpg UPDATED!!!

So far!

Does anyone think it would be ok to model in the accessories ect + a weapon but put it all in one map using the extra 150 triangles!?

Edited!
  • Eclipse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eclipse polycounter lvl 18
    Solid start no one. I don't see why that would be a problem, thats what I am going to do...
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Someone should make a low poly pack for crysis, so I don't have to be reminded of how bad the game is raping my computer every time I punch a Korean man into the sky.
  • no one
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Eclipse & Jimmy.

I am still not sure if I will be going with a weapon or just adding the little light bits to the Nano suit.

Any suggestions either to keep the weapon or add to the suit?

unwrappedri1.jpg

Unwrapped and been started the texture, I am thinking of pimping the higher res version along with the 128 version, then possibly adding this model for everyone to texture over on the lowpoly thread.

We'll see how things turn out, I also rigged the model with a biped for the final posed version.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    He needs the weapon! Head texture looks great there smile.gif
    His proportions seem a bit strange though - small legs, hugely wide shoulders and really big head... I'd maybe shrink the head down a bit, pull the shoulders in a small amount, and extend the legs.

Looking good though smile.gif
  • no one
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Mop,

Took into consideration your critics mopius and here's the differences:

portionstj7.jpg

I find the legging looks odd cause of the low-tri restriction, probably just me.

Hope he is in a more suitable stature in the old shot his head was 10 degrees in the down position(side shot would help!,D'oh).
    Plus a little more sneak peak at the head texture. w00t!

Note:
    Not the actual head texture I was playing around with it testing what would look better cause the references show a orange visor version and a nice red version I don't know which to go with yet.
  • PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    That head texture looks awesome.
  • no one
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks PixelGoat,

I finaly got it to a level where I am happy to pimp and recieve critics on.

I don't know what to do with the spec any suggestions with that would be beneficial/helpful for me thanks!

Hope you like:
    crysisbn9.jpg

Edit: I see an ugly vert being pulled in the front view it's a minor error... will fix img soon.
  • TheExpert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Incredible model !
    The neck seems to big , and the head could be scaled a little no ? don't know ?
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    great texture! love the detail you pushed out of your maps! agree on the neck comment.
  • gamePat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gamePat polycounter lvl 17
    Hehe sweet. very funny to see nomad with 500 polys grin.gif

The neck is definitely wrong. Well there is some kind of neck-"protection" but they are attached to the helmet
    In my opinion it would help a lot if you would at least lower the head a bit and work out the shoulder-to-neck-transition a bit more in the silhouette.

Some nice reference here: http://www.crysis-france.com/images/rsgallery/original/US_nanosuit_1600.jpg
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    The Texture is awesome but i think the model could need some improvement. Right now he looks more like a stylized superhero with those huge chest, big neck and the small belly area.