Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fighting Stage Recreation (Uni Module)

harjm
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
harjm polycounter lvl 4
Hi I will be uploading my forum posts that i have created for my university module showing my progress on my scene.

Feedback would be great as I would like this to go into my portfolio and get the best result possible.

The scene will be created in UE4

Replies

• harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    The environment chosen for this project is from the game art of fighters 2 and the idea is to turn the stage into a sci fi scene while keeping some of the taditional featurs.

davQLBo_zps6bdd1766.gif

Composition
    Composition_zps18e19a1a.png

Focus Points
    FocusPoints_zps247eabb3.png

Possible Changes
    ModularAssets_zpsbcb3891c.png

Colour Palette
    ColourPalette_zps7e9cc742.png

Colour Shades
    ColourShades_zpsf234fab9.png

Research Moodboards

Food Stands
    FoodStands_zpsd7c36a25.png

Street Signs
    StreetSigns_zps5f198eeb.png

Richshaw and Futuristic Vehicles
    Rickshaw_zpsbead6a06.png

FuturisticVehciles2_zpse211b25e.png

FuturisticVehciles1_zps3ad9e38b.png

Buildings

Looking at the scale compared to the signs on the building and how close each building is to each other hardly leaving any gap. Main purpose was to get a sense of scope for the scene and make it work in the chosen stage redesign.

Buildings_zpsa87e74e2.png

Asset List (WIP)

List can change during design process and development if items are decided to be left out or use of textures change.

Modular

-Buildings x2 - different heights and windows layouts will be different.

-Food stands x2 – Two different versions which I will turn into 3 by removing some stuff from one so it is different from the others for example like a roof could be taken off and size can be changed.

-Floor x2 - Would be something like two assets one for tram track and other for tiled floor texture and will be painted on using vertex painter to stop and seams from being seen and so that is it not noticeable that is a tiled texture.

-Signs x6 - 3 normal signs and 3 sci fi signs

-Drones flying around scene holding Lanterns – Not a final Idea

-Air vent x1- will be repeated around scene

-Pipes x3 – Will include a straight and corner pipe and a smaller straight pipe most likely half the size of the straight pipe.

-Boxes x2 – Different textures they will just be scattered around the scene not really be a main asset that will be seen often.

-Power Lines x1
    -Chairs x1
    -Table x1
    -Windows x1

Unique Pieces

- Tram – Will be redesigned completely
    - Rickshaw – (could also be modular as I could create a stand with more rickshaws)

Textures

Tillable
    - Floor
    - Walls
    - Boxes
    - Pipes
    -

Trim Sheet
    -Could be the signs on 2 different texture sheets
    -Could have panels for food stands

Unique
    - Tram
    - Rickshaw
    - Air vent
    -Food stands
    -Holograms for futuristic signs

Top View Designs

Showing basic layout just to give an idea of how the stage will be laid out also showing placements of signs, boxes and lanterns and camera position and the position of the fighters.

Delivery van is not final yet there just incase it does make it into the scene.

CameraPosition_zps16c8224a.png

PropLocations_zps4d145fd4.png

TopView_zpsbbed31e9-1.png
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Modular Pieces explained in mor detail

DeatiledModularAssets_zps17db9fc1.png

Basic Blockout getting idea of height and then will create basic modular pieces in 3ds max

BlockBasicWIP_zpsadba4fca.jpg

Blockout Progress

Added in the windows and basic models for the food stands and a few signs on the buildings.

The camera angle has been changed so that the stage can be seen better compared to what was considered first in the view diagrams.

BlockoutProgress_zps1113c247.jpg

Updated Blockout

Once I had done the basic block out in Unreal Engine 4 using bsp decided to create the modular pieces in 3DS Max straight away into my second block out so that it gives me an idea of what size they need to be and make sure that everything is working correctly from the beginning.

Modular Pieces:

Windows
    MeshpassModularWindows_zps0ce821b4.jpg

Floor
    FlooeModularPieces_zps4b30f751.jpg

Blockout Screenshots
    BlockoutProgres3_zpsbafe5b9e.jpg

BlockoutProgres2_zps91cbaa56.jpg

ModularWindowsUE4Screengrab_zpsb5030fd9.jpg
    Highlighted the different variations of the windows.

BlockoutProgres4andfinalviewtest_zpscefdd620.jpg
    Did a test of the final view to see how the looks at the moment ands see what Need improving or changing.
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Block out Comparison

BlockoutObservation1_zps6b9f3c05.png

After having a look at the blockout it was clear some changes needed to be made and have been explained below.

FinalViewTestImprovments_zpsd9d5cfaf.png

Gathered More Research looking at the game Sleeping Dogs.

Looked at how the buildings have been placed together and the amount attention to detail has been placed to make it look realistic as possible from the moodboard it is clear that all the building as really close to each other leaving little gap between them.

Also shows how the game has been lit up with many different lights in the scene from the street signs and the reflections they cast on objects around the scene.
    SleepingDogs_zps9de2207a.png

I have changed the signs and made new variations in different sizes and shapes. Also added some electrical wires across the buildings.

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/harjm2/Level%206%20-%20Admod/BlockoutProgres5signs_zpsdc035262.jpg
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    This is my current blockout stage at the moment.

BlockoutProgres5signs_zpsdc035262.jpg
  • Dragonar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dragonar polycounter lvl 10
    really coooolll :) Keep it up !
  • Auldbenkenobi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Auldbenkenobi polycounter lvl 11
    Holy shit, you've definitely done your research. Keep it up, looking forward to seeing how this one fares out.
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Thaks for comments here is a update on the blockout will try and gett more uploaded this week

BlockoutProgres7_zpsb0002c84.jpg

Any changes that anyone thinks can be made please let me know thanks
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Did some basic silhouettes for the food stands and tram

FoodStandsSilhouettes_zps13722acc.png

TramSilhouettes_zps60a3b3ba.png

and rough sketches not the best drawing sbut good enough to give me a idea of what i want to to look similar too.

IMG_20141010_173249_zps6742909a.jpg

IMG_20141010_173238_zpsfa530363.jpg

Drone Sketch WIP

IMG_20141010_173205_zps427b535d.jpg

Lao began Block out for food stands, Drone and tram.
    This is the stage i am at the moment for my whole module.

FoodstandsWip_zps0c5c1a2c.png

10721212_10204127287356119_1160767765_n_zps76bdf73a.jpg

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/harjm2/Level%206%20-%20Admod/Capture_zpse154fe45.jpg
  • NomadSoul2501
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NomadSoul2501 polycounter lvl 10
    I absolutely love seeing a solid pre-pro.
    Keep it up, this looks really promising :)
    Subbed
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Thank for all the comments here is a Update on the tram

[SKETCHFAB]12bce41e9b81476e9e30326d80c01d17#share[/SKETCHFAB]
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Hi i have not posted much for a while as I have been busy with other modules.

I have added more detail into the drone but not sure about how the lantern will hang from the drone at the moment this the way i have thought of but might be changed later as I have not decided if it will remain like that.

Also need to work out how to connect the drone to the wings so it looks like the wings can move around when the drone needs to turn and the wings can be controlled individually.

[SKETCHFAB]383ff9632865450daa55bf186388f475[/SKETCHFAB]
  • 3dReaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dReaper polycounter lvl 4
    Holy crap that is what I call pre-production!

Keep at it! Looking good so far.
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Drone Update
    [SKETCHFAB]9c8b8b065bc24eb8bfe91033c7ebc803[/SKETCHFAB]

Tram Update

[SKETCHFAB]ec95f7feec94452d98b7cafa7ea697f6[/SKETCHFAB]

Going to call these two done and work on high poly version version later on once i have done other work

Scene at current stage added in the drones to give a idea of how they can be placed in the scene along with the hovering table and chairs.

BlockoutProgres8_zpscd11eaf2.jpg
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Worked on sculpting the floor in z brush and having a go and texturing in substance painter.

Floortilesculpt_zpsdb8e5658.jpg

Floortestbakes_zps6c5a60f5.png

Textured in substance painter
    FloorTexyuretestsubstancepainter_zpsac68c71b.jpg

Set up in UE4
    Floortetxuretestinunreal4_zpsec72aecb.jpg
  • GlenC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The blackout is looking awesome! I like all the pre pro you've done for this project! The floor it looking pretty good, but I think you could do with some variation in the texture and color. Is this only the first pass at the material? It has too much of the same color I believe. Keep it up man!
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    GlenC wrote: »
    The blackout is looking awesome! I like all the pre pro you've done for this project! The floor it looking pretty good, but I think you could do with some variation in the texture and color. Is this only the first pass at the material? It has too much of the same color I believe. Keep it up man!

Thanks for the feedback yes this is the first pass on the material I just tried creating a basic texture to see how it looks and will add more colour variations
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    I am having trouble with ue4 lighting my scene when there are no lights at all I have turned off all the lights and fog but the scene is still some how being lit which is not what I want as i want to set my own lights up to create the tone I want can any help.

Thanks
  • Lokter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lokter polycounter lvl 6
    UE4 tends to put a skylight-style directional light which is linked to the sky-dome into the scene when you start. Might be worth hunting for it.
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for the help Lokter will have a look
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Lokter wrote: »
    UE4 tends to put a skylight-style directional light which is linked to the sky-dome into the scene when you start. Might be worth hunting for it.

Thanks for the tip will have a look
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    managed to get it working fro some reason the settings for the directional light changed without me even changing them once i had reset them and deleted the light and rebuilt the lighting the scene went black.

Customlightandfog_zps8ca6d1dd.jpg

Thanks for all the help
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Not been able to much the past week trying to get as much as I could done have managed to create texture for walls and creat more assets for the scene like the air vents for the walls and windows and some wall decorations to add more character to the scene.

Wall Textures
    WallTexturespresentationforum_zps42cdf9e9.jpg

Scene screenshot
    SceneProgressbrickwall_zpsd6f3b503.jpg

Vertex paint will be used to get rid of the repetition and parts that do not m atch up correctly.

I have also model some wall decorations to go on the side walls near the front of the scene which will have a glowing light behind them and have also managed to get a working instance material created for the floor.

[SKETCHFAB]8add0ec0589445899917071aab888cda[/SKETCHFAB]

[SKETCHFAB]b80e4f1e663c43c0825cf58b8b2e2902[/SKETCHFAB]

Also created a instance material thats stills needs work for the floor

Screenshot10_zps0dd2ef8e.png

y scene at the moment a basic emissive material has been applied to the signs as a place holder once i have created the texture sheet for the sign they will be replaced.

SceneProgress9_zps27e48130.jpg

things still need doing

- Lanterns lighting needs to fixing making glow more then emit light onto the scene
    - Pipes for the side walls need modelling
    - Floor texture needs finishing
    - Fans on the building need finishing
    - Walls need to be vertex painted
    - Sci fi windows need texturing
    - Signs need to be textured
    - Finish high poly of drone and tram
    - Texture tram platform.
    - Texture hover chair and table
    - Texture food stands
    - Hologram sign front of train saying fight in Chinese

If any knows hoe to create a nice metal materials for the signs could you please let me know thanks.
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Finished modelling the air vents that will go on the side of the building.

[SKETCHFAB]8217789e396d40318f0cbe7b5c02efc8[/SKETCHFAB]

Airvents1_zps0e2c8428.jpg

managed to get a working vertex shader working for the wall but the final result is not want I want as the texture is not blending correctly with the bricks and needs tweaking before it is finished.

Vertexpainttest_zpse4dbf63c.jpg

Shader Setup
    WallVertexshader_zps6814dbd0.png

Moved a few signs to the foreground along with some hanging wires and the foreground was quite empty compared to background.

Scene_zpsc5227f5e.jpg
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Today textured some of the signs and worked on high poly for drone which I will upload progress for this weekend.

The signs have been textured with some basic background colours and the glowing text the final texture will have some signs will have dirt on the background also the signs still need sorting out as some of the text are upside down and not in the right direction and few are repeated next to each other which need moving. for the futuristic signs they will have a moving animation once I have created the text for them.

HighresScreenshot00003_zps1100c6e2.png
  • Youngy798
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Youngy798 polycounter lvl 4
    Looking good so far :D
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Created more assets for scene and playing around with the signs recorded a little video to show my progress so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5MmSqViDLE

Assets Created

[SKETCHFAB]1cbdc6ceb38248749fb6e0b26377be04[/SKETCHFAB]

[SKETCHFAB]5a60355486ef4b5e853600d60e624168[/SKETCHFAB]

Hover chair and table

[SKETCHFAB]01298d4f8671402cafc205ecc3fa4223[/SKETCHFAB]

[SKETCHFAB]8880bc8abe2246468f68dd22a653eeaf[/SKETCHFAB]

High Poly Drone
    [SKETCHFAB]005fd96f0bf84cd9b8516884e4312fea[/SKETCHFAB]
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Last week I had to complete all the low and high poly modelling for our week 8 deadline the following are the presentation sheets I created for all my assets.

Feedback would be much appreciated for any changes I can make in the future in Presenting my work.

Thanks

WallSections_zps11207813.png

TramTrack_zps3c63c4c0.png

WallDeco_zpsdd6b8c77.png

TramHighPoly_zps865329e3.png

TramLowPoly_zpsb4209bcb.png

TiledFloor_zps9f420558.png

StoreFronts_zpsf7f717e0.png

TiledWall_zps8a4060d0.png

Signage_zps3bdc254a.png

HoverTable_zps6f38bd2a.png

FoodStands_zps6799abb9.png

HoverChair_zps57dfc2b7.png

AirVent_zpsfad26901.png

DroneHighPoly_zpsb89b9928.png

DroneLowPoly_zpsa5b718eb.png

FightSign_zpsc534aac1.png
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    I have updated the floor texture and began texturing on the hovering chair and fight stand also created a tiled metal texture for number of assets in the scene and have created a sky dome for the overall scene too.

Updated Floor texture

Substance Painter
    FloorSubstancePainter_zps186c78e0.jpg

UE4
    Floortextureupdate_zps75e6983b.png

Tiled Metal Texture
    UpdatedMetal_zps9eefb6be.jpg

metalTetxureOnwalldeco_zps3f472a7d.jpg

MetalTextureonsigns_zps9e3ce030.jpg

Hovering Chair
    Hoverchairtxexture_zps2cf9753d.jpg

Skydome
    Skydome_zpse0cbeea0.jpg
    Created using tutorial created by Julio Juarez http://3dbrushwork.com/
  • GrungyStudios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GrungyStudios polycounter lvl 8
    The fan has so much polys on the circle parts for an object that's so small. That effect could probably be achieved even with a normal map. Also that hovering chair has excessive edge wear in my opinion. Overall good job on this so far keep it up.
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    The fan has so much polys on the circle parts for an object that's so small. That effect could probably be achieved even with a normal map. Also that hovering chair has excessive edge wear in my opinion. Overall good job on this so far keep it up.

Hi Grungy Studios thanks for the feedback was not sure about the chair did have the same really the edge wear might be too much will decrease that and thanks for feedback on the air vent did not even think about that.
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Not been able to update regularly the past few weeks trying to get as much as i can before deadline on 19th December but have got more of the scene done and had a few problems with the lighting in ue4 not working but have managed to fix that now.

Textured tram track

Substance Painter
    TramTrack_zpsac2bf5e2.jpg

UE4
    TramtrackCloseup_zpsf8540a42.jpg

Tram Fight sign stand

Substance painter
    Tramsignstand_zps57368bb8.jpg

Drone

I did have the colour scheme black and yellow at the beginning but decided that red looked and worked better.

DroneColorwip2_zpsea415bc4.jpg

Improved version with red instead of yellow
    Untitled-1_zps68bcf88d.png

Looking at both I prefer the bottom one as the top has too much red but have not made a final decision yet.
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Tweaked drone added more roughness and textured the blades also added a white emissive using the emissive layer in substance painter will look better when set-up in UE4 when emissive is set up correctly.

Decided to go with less red and added in some white lights instead so when they move around the scene will give a nice effect with the other lights in the scene.

Dronetetxured_zps46c1acbc.png
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Hi not been able to update regularly on here to get feedback the past few weeks been busy finishing the scene as much as possible for the first semester deadline and get feedback for when we have to improve on it in the second semester.

Final Hand in Semester 1

Hero View

HeroView_zps465dadbc.png

Other Angles

Angle2_zpsac5d4085.png

Angle1_zps73dc8977.png

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/harjm2/Level%206%20-%20Admod/Sem%201%20Week%2012%20Submission/Angle3_zps4eb1012e.png

Angle5_zps471ab423.png

Angle4_zps8a8963b5.png

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze8mlHlsf4Q&list=UUBKL3QtSk2kIs3LdEK786dA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze8mlHlsf4Q&list=UUBKL3QtSk2kIs3LdEK786dA[/ame]

Any changes that you make recommend would be appreciated as there is still things i want to change but feedback from other will help a lot.

Thnaks
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    SEMESTER 2 IMPROVEMENTS

Semester 1 scene Fly through
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze8mlHlsf4Q&list=UUBKL3QtSk2kIs3LdEK786dA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze8mlHlsf4Q&list=UUBKL3QtSk2kIs3LdEK786dA[/ame]

Over the next few weeks I will be improving my scene form the feedback given from my first semester and the feedback from polycount. The aim was to recreate a scifi version of the Chinese fighting stage bu keeping traditional elements through out the scene too.

Below are some of the problems I have noticed and have been told which will be fixed.

rom the feedback given from semester 1 it is clear that i need to work on the lighting in the scene and use of colour more colour needs to be added in and lighting needs sorting out also more character is required bay having hovering drones and floating chairs and tables my plan is to also add some waving cloth under the roof that I will be putting on both sides of the scene near the camera.

Textures also need some tweaking adding in more detail and hue and model just need little tweaking to make the normal maps pop out more and look better then it currently is.

Below I have highlighted some improvements that are need to make the scene even better before i start researching i wanted to write down what I will be changing so i know what to research and what industry work to look for.

Angle2improvements_zpsa4b7ac5f.png

1 - Windows could do with some better decals maybe cracks and dirt and have better reflections of the environment instead of just having it covered with dirt which does not look so great.

- Will also be making a few more unique windows as repetition is quite obvious at the moment which could be done by having some traditional wooden windows added instead of just having glowing lights and glass and maybe have the effect that the light is on in the room coming through the gaps of the wood.

2- Wall vertex paint needs tweaking as the concrete at the moment it is to sharp and needs to be softened more and needs to look as if it is on top of the bricks showing depth between the bricks and concrete instead of it has just be painted on top.

3- The floor needs more work doing to it to make the scene look much better need to add foliage on the floor in-between the bricks also ad some cracks and different colour variations with dirt painted on top too or using decals.

4- the chair and tables just need to have the colour changed instead of being black as it does not really work in this time of day and need more detailed added into the diffuse.

- Animation of then hovering will add more character and life to the scene

-maybe reduce the amount of water on the floor and have it as patches on the ground, I did have a plan of having it rain but will have to leave that tot he end if there is any time left and concentrate of improving the more important elements.

HeroViewImprovements_zps089792ed.png

5-the traditional signage text will be modelled instead of a texture similar to what can be seen in the new street fighter 5 game and sleeping dogs which will be researched later this week and will be posted on the forum.

6-Drone needs to be re textured as it is to simple and needs more variation of colour and detailed added to it which will be done by looking more into drone designs and concepts looking at the colour scheme and how the match the scene they are intended for.

- Animation of them hovering will be added and shuttle light flashing will be added too.

7- To make the scene more interesting near the camera and less plain as the front is quite open compared to the back I will add in a Chinese styled tiled roof with support pillars and cloth hanging down and will be animated making the front more interesting and matching my plan from the beginning by having a mix of traditional china and futuristic elements together.

Also compared both scenes together by desaturating them and looking and what are the focal points and how the lighting is affecting the environment.

SaturationComparison_zpsc472b249.png

Looking at the comparison between the original and my first semester submission it is clear the original has a equal tone of lighting and is spread of around the scene equal and is dark in areas it should be like under the building where the food carts are. My scene on the other hand need work as I did not pay much attention to the lighting at the beginning and my scene has lighting all over the place is is to over powering at the top and at the bottom there is hardly any light making the you look at the top instead of the centre of the scene.
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Today i have also been working of the roof block outs for the front of the stage which was created in 3ds max after importing my scene from ue4 to make sure scale is right and see what needs to be deleted and moved around to make it fit into the scene and not look out of pace.

RoofBlockout_zpsccc61e09.png

RoofBlockout2_zps10cf40a8.png

Added in as much detail as possible but will be adding in more detail with zbrush

After looking at my scene and thinking of what i can change I have decided to get rid of the shops and replace them with a wooden doors and wall like the building of the left at the front on the image below as this would work better then the shops which are not really working that well at the moment and did not really like them much from the beginning.

xinchang2_zpsf60a5333.jpg
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Worked on the roof areas a bit more changing the wall panels and adding support beams for the hanging signs and on top of the beam is were the decorative dragon will be placed.

SceneleftsideBlcokout_zps3bc43a72.png

ScenerightsideBlcokout_zpscbf129ad.png
    igns can not be seen because I forgot to make it double sided.

Also gathered a little more reference for the buildings and roof also looked at how hanging signs are used in Chinese and the style and pattern used.

Buildinganssigns_zps4030578b.png

183986730_zps5241f1d8.jpg

chinese_lanterns_hanging_outside_the_stores_tunxi_old_street_tunxi_district_anhui_province_china_gwrct107051_zps1641eaf7.jpg

Came across the following two concept art which I really liked as it looks similar to what i am trying to achieve with my scene they layout is great and the use of the signs and lighting works well and is what I should be aiming for my final result.

79876723288ed2032327eeb6f6b1f6cc_zps0a5f3f85.jpg

cityscapeschinaasiaartwork1680x1050wallpaper_wwwwall321com_37_zps9189c93c.jpg
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Created more traditional signs to go along with he signs created in semester 1 and toning down the intensity of the signs so it does not over power the scene.

Signage%20New%20_zps1csehlgi.png

Also tested dust particle and created a basic particle system.
    HighresScreenshot00000_zps6qj6fkjz.png

Also had attempt at creating light shafts for the windows on the sides to show the light coming through the windows not sure yet if they are working that well in the scene will need to tweak it a little and get my overall lighting for the scene done.

HighresScreenshot00001_zpstms90i6l.png

Light Shaft Material
    Capture_zps8xnz618n.png
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Update screen shots of scene worked on adding more detail to the scene with the signs and windows and tweaking the lighting.

Scene2_zpsedzod7vq.png

Scene1_zpsrdtoxq10.png

Scene4_zpsxwhgr2px.png

Some Assets still need texturing and at the moment have basic material on them
  • angryMonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome stuff man! Just curious where do you study, if you don't mind my asking. It's cool if you don't want to answer. I'm exploring options of where to move on to, after next year.
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Awesome stuff man! Just curious where do you study, if you don't mind my asking. It's cool if you don't want to answer. I'm exploring options of where to move on to, after next year.

Thanks angrymonkey I am currently studying my final year of games design at Staffordshire university.
  • harjm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harjm polycounter lvl 4
    Sorry for not posting in a while again

Have finished this module now and have created my fly through of finished but any improvements you guys think i can make to make this good as possible for my portfolio please let me know thanks.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP0VTJdVIgM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP0VTJdVIgM[/ame]

Main_zpswirj4xo7.png

Beauty%20Shot%2012_zpsrjdzgwva.png

Beauty%20Shot%209_zpsbe1z9pa3.png

Beauty%20Shot%207_zpsepjpjxes.png

Beauty%20Shot%202_zpssppnbu3h.png

Beauty%20Shot%205_zpsnmzcsw7j.png