Home Unreal Marketplace

Required/Recommended props features

a3D
Let's say I made a lamp, with correct scale, a reasonable polycount and good looking metalness workflow maps.
(or it could be a set of lamps, just to make the whole thing more believeable)

Can I call the job done and submit the work?

if not,

how much additional work am I supposed to do?

For example:

-Users are likely to place the lamps in an interactive environment. This requires at least the use of Collision Boxes. Do I have to provide those?

-Users are likely to want functioning lamps. Will I need to also rig and animate the movable parts? Am I supposed to provide an already functioning code that will make a light pop up inside of the lightbulb when the light is turned on?

-Users may want to give players the ability break the prop. Should I consider creating a broken version of every lamp? A break animation maybe? Is it my responsibility to ease the programming part involving breaking the prop?

-Are LODS commonly required? What if the model was a car instead?

-Users may want to customize the object. Should I provide alternate materials or even useful info about map editing?

-Any other aspects that I may have overlooked?

Replies

• Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    Generally the more you supply is better. The more work you put into making a final pack that works in nearly all use-case senarios, the more that you can charge too.

It depends really on what you'd like the pack to offer, if you want the pack to offer a set of lamps that offer lighting to the scene, a blueprint that allows you to control the lamps, IES profiles, and if the meshes are random or not - then that's totally up to you,

Generally if you're developing a pack for just physics based meshes, then a reasonable polycount, collision and LOD meshes, are all required.

Ultimately it comes down to how much work you'd like to put into it - along with what exactly you'd like the pack to be.

Think about what you want from it! :)