Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

[Royalty] Looking for artists for a 90s style platformer

| Current Project |

Epic Alice is a 3D third-person closed world platformer which pays homage to the 90s classic platformers like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot, but taking advantage of modern game engines.

When the Duchess' treasure has been stolen by the Jabberwockies, it's up to Alice and the White Rabbit to recover the treasure and put a stop to the Jabberwockies. But are things really as they seem?

It has the classic collect-em-all gameplay like the original Spyro games do. Gems are in plentiful supply and can be found laying on the ground, while coins can either be found on the ground or by finishing mini-games.

The game has 31 planned levels, spanning over 4 varied hub worlds. Like in Spyro, you have a choice of what order you do the levels in but some portals will be closed off until you have achieved a certain number of coins.

But that's not the full story, because unlike other nostalgic modern platformers, the narrative will be improved and will go from linear simplistic plots to something beefier with choice and consequence.

You can actually converse with the characters and get their viewpoints on what is going on around them, which is miles ahead of the mainly one-sided conversations which typically exist in platformers. And the bonus is that the lengthy conversations are not forced upon you - if you just want platforming action, the story can be as simple as the Spyro storylines. If you want more depth, it is there.

So this is not just a jump and collect type of game. In the gameplay videos below, I specifically disabled interactions but I can show you a test scene if you want more information on how the quest and dialogue systems work.

|| About The Team ||

Me: I design the game mechanics, including the progression and dialogue systems. I also write the story and dialogue myself. And I will be responsible for the Kickstarter campaign, later down the line.

Maciej: The music composer and sound designer.

|| What I'm looking for ||

I currently need artists and level designers. I need 2D art, as well as 3D art because this is a 3D platformer. And I especially need character modellers and animators.

I invested a lot of time and money into running Udacha Games Ltd, including buying the PC, and I am only looking for people who would be devoted to the project like I am.

|| Income ||

Once this game is at least 60% done, with good quality art and animation, this will be put up on Kickstarter to fund the marketing and sound. All developers will have a dynamic split depending on the contribution they make. The game will be using the traditional pay-once model, once it's released, with possible sequels later on.

This is not a project which will take years until release, unlike some other projects. This is planned to already be put up on Kickstarter and on sale within 3 months. This game is going to be small but beautiful, and will essentially be a taster for the beefier sequels.

|| Progress ||

This is not just an idea. 40% of the game has been already done by myself using programmer art. I already invested a significant amount of time and money into the project, and I will see it to the end no matter what the odds.

What is done:

-Progress tracking.
-Gem and coin collecting, Spyro style.

-Gliding, Ratchet & Clank style.
-Swimming, a halfway point between Spyro and Ratchet & Clank.
-Spyro-style dialogue system.

Gameplay video of the first home world - https://www.dropbox.com/s/izmbu1hr7p69xy1/Epic%20Alice%20Full%20Gameplay.mp4?dl=0
Gameplay video with narration of the game mechanics - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehi28opbku05gv8/Epic%20Alice.mp4?dl=0

What I need an artist to make beforehand:

-Animated characters for the cutscenes. Currently my characters are static meshes as placeholders, but that's not good for Matinee.
-Animated characters for the AI. Same reasons as above.

Disclaimer:

Once again, this is not an idea and I invested a lot of time and money into this venture. What I show in the gameplay videos above are the core mechanics only, because I don't want to spoil the story.

Replies