Home Technical Talk

A new modeling tool released

Replies

• Michael Knubben
    I have a slight delay when using my wacom for rotating. Panning and zooming work fine, though.
  • GregD3
    IStonia wrote: »
    The brush size and weight adjusting by space key is only available for streamline tools. It works. You have seen the numeric weight display before. Haven't you?
    You don't have to disabled the toggle viewport quad view with the space bar. My test setting is Ctrl+V+LMB. Make sure your are in vertex/edge/polygon mode. Ctrl+V+Space then LMB and drag.

The brush size is a global value but weights are not. So you can't have a streamline weight tool.

Ok, I got it figured out, I reset my hotkeys and it started to work so maybe I had a conflict somewhere. Thanks for your help :)
  • IStonia
    MightyPea: It could be the button. Try LMB for zooming and see if zooming becomes delay.

Greg: It is possible that you can change the Space key to other key because it is customizable.
    Edit > Tools > Modeling Options > StreamLine Too Option Cycler.
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    Here some short observations:

One thing i stumbled across is that best fit is not really best fitting. See screenshot.

Another thing that Unhide seems to loose the focus at the selected object. Is this intended?

Selecting Objects in the scene explorer needs double click. Wouldn`t be a single click enough?

I also do question the four-keyed hotkeys for Set View Focussing Point and Selection Focusing a bit. That`s a bit finger breaking for a often used tool. A button for these tools would also be nice. But then we are back at the graphical UI. It should at least have a menu entry somewhere. Or have i overlooked it?

Mesh Mirror has an update problem. I have to click at the mesh again to see the mirrored part.

While at it, may i request one or two other things? Just in case they are not already there. Forgive me when they are. I`m still at learning the tool.

I find zoom border in and zoom border out a very fast and efficient tool to navigate between two locations when modeling in my old app. Drag a rectangle from left to right zooms in, drag a rectangle from right to left zooms out. Is it possible to implement this into VoidWorld too?

Another neat thing to have is a reset view in case you have lost yourself in navigation.

And a reset position, rotation or scale tool that resets the object to 0/0/0 in world jumps also in my mind.

What i heavily miss is a mirror modeler with realtime update. Mesh mirror is not really suited for that from what i have seen.

I hope i don`t bug you too much :)
  • IStonia
    Q: One thing i stumbled across is that best fit is not really best fitting. See screenshot.
    A: Can fix that.

Q: Another thing that Unhide seems to loose the focus at the selected object. Is this intended?
    A: Not sure what is the 'focus' you mean.

Q: Selecting Objects in the scene explorer needs double click. Wouldn`t be a single click enough?
    A: It was suggested by Jose and I don't think I will change it or make an option for it.

Q: I also do question the four-keyed hotkeys for Set View Focussing Point and Selection Focusing a bit. That`s a bit finger breaking for a often used tool. A button for these tools would also be nice. But then we are back at the graphical UI. It should at least have a menu entry somewhere. Or have i overlooked it?
    A: You can set your own keys. I am not going to change the default key setting as it may step upon someone' feet. You can't use a button for this as you need to place the cusor over the intended point in scene while excecute this command.

Q: I find zoom border in and zoom border out a very fast and efficient tool to navigate between two locations when modeling in my old app. Drag a rectangle from left to right zooms in, drag a rectangle from right to left zooms out. Is it possible to implement this into VoidWorld too?
    A: I don't understand how it works. Can you show it in a video?

Q: Another neat thing to have is a reset view in case you have lost yourself in navigation.
    A: What is the view setting should be after view reset?

Q: And a reset position, rotation or scale tool that resets the object to 0/0/0 in world jumps also in my mind.
    A: In the 'Manipulation' dock panel, you can right click the x/y/z labels to set zero. Also you can use the streamline tool 'Snap Selection' which has quite a few options depending on mouse button and what is under the cursor for position and orientation adjusting.

Q: What i heavily miss is a mirror modeler with realtime update. Mesh mirror is not really suited for that from what i have seen.
    A: Although you can use instancing, but it is more likely symmetry is the one you want. Check this http://voidworld.cmcproductions.co.uk/index.php/topic,300.msg1111.html#new
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    Q: One thing i stumbled across is that best fit is not really best fitting. See screenshot.
    A: Can fix that.
    Q: Another thing that Unhide seems to loose the focus at the selected object. Is this intended?
    A: Not sure what is the 'focus' you mean.
    I have a object selected. I hide it. I unhide it. Means the object is selected. Else i couldn`t unhide it. But after unhide i have to click at it to make it selected again in the viewport. It looks at least unselected.

See this flash video here
    Q: I also do question the four-keyed hotkeys for Set View Focussing Point and Selection Focusing a bit. That`s a bit finger breaking for a often used tool. A button for these tools would also be nice. But then we are back at the graphical UI. It should at least have a menu entry somewhere. Or have i overlooked it?
    A: You can set your own keys. I am not going to change the default key setting as it may step upon someone' feet. You can't use a button for this as you need to place the cusor over the intended point in scene while excecute this command.
    Hm, it`s of course your decision. But i doubt that you will find somebody that will whine when this hotkey gets replaced by a single keyed one :)
    Q: I find zoom border in and zoom border out a very fast and efficient tool to navigate between two locations when modeling in my old app. Drag a rectangle from left to right zooms in, drag a rectangle from right to left zooms out. Is it possible to implement this into VoidWorld too?
    A: I don't understand how it works. Can you show it in a video?
    Sure. See this flash video here
    Q: Another neat thing to have is a reset view in case you have lost yourself in navigation.
    A: What is the view setting should be after view reset?
    The standard views as shown in the first start jumps into my mind here. Looking at 0/0/0 in the world.
    Q: And a reset position, rotation or scale tool that resets the object to 0/0/0 in world jumps also in my mind.
    A: In the 'Manipulation' dock panel, you can right click the x/y/z labels to set zero. Also you can use the streamline tool 'Snap Selection' which has quite a few options depending on mouse button and what is under the cursor for position and orientation adjusting.
    Two clicks more than thought, but yes, that does the trick. Perfect. Thanks :)
    Q: What i heavily miss is a mirror modeler with realtime update. Mesh mirror is not really suited for that from what i have seen.
    A: Although you can use instancing, but it is more likely symmetry is the one you want. Check this http://voidworld.cmcproductions.co.u...g1111.html#new
    Yes. that`s what i was after. So one more thing i had overlooked. Mh, is it possible to set it up so that it mirrors along a selection, like a selected face instead of the world axis? It may under some circumstances become cumbersome to put the mesh to mirror exactly at 0/0/0
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    I found another quirk i guess. I was looking for the objects dimensions, and how to modify them. Scale values are at zero, and i cannot modify them like position or rotation. Am i even at the right track here? Or is there another place where i need to modify the object dimensions?

Quirk 2: When i undock the Manipulation toolbar then i don`t get the tooltips anymore above the X, Y and Z letters like in docked state.

While at it, is it possible to show all needed things at once? Position, rotation and scale? Plus the bounding box size? Sometimes i heavily work with those values and numeric input. And then such a object info panel to modify the object or a selection is really handy, as shown in shot 2.
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Aug-06-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * Edit > Customize > Tools > View Navigation Tools > Window Zoom View. Drag to right for zoom in. Drage to left for zoom out.
    * View > Reset View.
    * In object unhide operation, unhidden objects will get selected automatically.
    * MMB function is added to x/y/z label in 'Manipulation' dock panel. RMB/MMB to zero, LMB drag to transform. While RMB only reset one field, MMB reset three fields.
    Thanks!

Tiles: I have no control over the tooltips' behaviour. The programe does not maintain objec's scale and it is always 1. Don't ask me to add this ability because it is tool late unless I rewrite the whole programe. The symmetry setup currently only available as origin and axis based. Please notice that it is mesh origin and axis, not world space. It needs a huge amount of work to make it possible to setup along selection.
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    The programe does not maintain objec's scale and it is always 1. Don't ask me to add this ability because it is tool late unless I rewrite the whole programe
    Yikes. Numeric control over the mesh and selections is basics. This is something a modeler needs to have. No numeric control over scale makes Voidworld really weak :(

I would really rethink if there is really no way to implement it somehow. And be it a dirty hack. This is imho a must have. You cut yourself away from everything non organic.
  • IStonia
    You still have the numeric control. Select an object. Set it to scale mode. Type in 1, 1.3, -1, -2.5 etc in the offset fields. You can scale in single axis. Type in absolute fields you can scale the whole.

There is also numeric input for stepping scale control.
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    Yes, i can scale it bigger or smaller by a not really defined amount. But i still don`t know if my cube dimensions are let`s say 3/4/5.5 . I cannot SET it to a given value. Means i have no control that way, sorry. No way to model two pieces that fits each other.

That`s all architectural modeling out. That`s all technical modeling out. That`s simply most non-organic modeling out. And that`s half of the show for a polygon modeler. A modeling tool without numeric control over dimensions is no modeling tool. I don`t know a single polygon modeler that lacks of this feature.

I can of course feel your pain here. You haven`t thought about it. Nobody told you about it neither. And now it bites you badly. But that`s the way it is.

And yes, it may be lots of work now to reimplement such a feature afterwards. But believe me, the work is really necessary. Because it is a basic, like constructing a car but forgetting the wheels. A showstopper when it is missing. I am stopped, i cannot go on with your tool. I could live without 90% of your tools in your software. But not without one of the most basic features. Numeric scale in units.

It would really be a shame when your tool would fail here. Please implement it.
  • IStonia
    Tiles: I don't feel a pain at all. But it seems you have a lot of pain though. lol.
    I think I may now understand what you mean. You want to type in dimensions like 205 mm so the model can scale it self to that dimension in the specified axis, right?
    You can get the object dimension value in 'Scene Explorer' > 'Object List'. You just need to work out the scale you want then type it in.
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    i believe he is talking about how scale transformation is applied.

in maya say i scale a cube by .5 and X Y Z, as long as i don't freeze my transformations, it will display .5 along x, y and z for my scale transformation, and if i enter 1 back in it will go to it;s original size, before i applied the scale transformation to the cube.

they way nvil acts, if you want to speak in maya or max terms is like doing a scale transformation and than applying a reset xfrom or freeze transformations right away, losing the scaling values.
  • IStonia
    Tiles wrote: »
    Yes, i can scale it bigger or smaller by a not really defined amount. But i still don`t know if my cube dimensions are let`s say 3/4/5.5 . I cannot SET it to a given value. Means i have no control that way.

passerby, you may be right. But it seems to me his goal is dimension control not about object scale maintaining. See the words 'dimensions' and 'really defined amount'?
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    Yes, it`s about the dimensions, the size. And yes i feel pain. Because your software lacks of the wheels. I cannot drive this car. And the bigger pain is that you don`t even seem to realize that the car lacks of the wheels.

It`s not just for fun that i request numeric scale. I develop games. I need accurate values so that the level parts fits to each other. Not good when the player can see through the seams or falls through because a collider didn`t fit.

I mean both by the way. Bounding box size. And scale factor (This one relative to the initial scale factor of 1, at least until you apply scale, and make it 1 again). I could even live with just the Bounding Box scale. But that one is a must have then. Scale is a basic like translation or rotation. I could never live without it. That`s what makes me so heavily scratch my head here.
    I think I may now understand what you mean. You want to type in dimensions like 205 mm so the model can scale it self to that dimension in the specified axis, right?
    Ah, we getting closer. And yes, that`s what i need. Now you understand the problem. Thanks.

But it`s not just the whole object where i need scale. I need to scale mesh selections too. Like modeling a building, scale it a bit bigger, then realizing that the window holes are too big by 0.1 by that, and now the windows doesn`t fit anymore. In my current modeler i can select the faces of the window hole then, and simply scale them to the needed size.
    You can get the object dimension value in 'Scene Explorer' > 'Object List'.
    The Scene Explorer shows me at least the current dimensions, that`s a relief. But i still cannot edit the values there. Just read them.

The scale values in dimensions is something that i would expect to see at the front page. Not hidden in a tab. You have already the scale value edit boxes. Why not use them in scale mode then to display the current dimensions? This would at least give you some numeric feedback when scaling by widget.
    You just need to work out the scale you want then type it in.
    So there is a way, at least in Object mode. The way is to have a look at the Scene Explorer, write down the values to a paper, have a look at where i want it to be compared to what it currently is, turn on my calculator, do some heavy calculations. Then type in the scale amount in the offset edit boxes, and pray that my calculations were correct.

And this just to scale my cube from let`s say 2.0 to 4.025. Something that i can do without any calculations in any other 3D modeler by simply typing in 4.025. This is very cumbersome. I want to model, not to calculate.

And for scaling selections by value there is still no way when i understand it right.

Okay. That`s me out then. At least i have tried. Best of luck with your software :)
  • IStonia
    Tiles,

Firstly, thanks for trying and thanks for the view feature suggestions!

I never have the concept of dimension input as alternative scaling. If I understand how it works I probably can implement it.

As I have stated before, adding scale factor needs a very huge redo work and it might take a couple years. Since you can't even live without it so I don't think you can wait that long. From theory point of view, I can't see why it is a must feature. For example, if you set scale factor to 0.5 then change it back to 1, it would be the same as scale it to 0.5 then Scale it to 2. The result is the same. The only advantage for scale factor I can think of is that you don't have to remember the original size and can get it back to where it is at anytime. That seems quite usefull in level design, but level design is not what this programe for.
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    From theory point of view, I can't see why it is a must feature.

That`s the main problem here. That you don`t even see the need. I as an artist know why it is a must have feature from practical experience. Level design is just one example of non organic modeling where the exact values are important. And it`s polygon modeling too. You claim to have a polygon modeler. What about modeling a car and some doors for it, where the doors needs to fit exactly to the car? Also not made for? :)

From a programmers point of view i don`t really see what would need years of development to make bounding box scaling for an object possible. Just a quick and dirty hack and some calculation. You already have the objects dimensions, as shown in the Scene explorer. You have a scale factor. And you have some currently empty edit boxes for scale that waits for some values to be typed in. All is there. What you need to do now is the part that i currently need to do manually. The calculation between the initial dimensions and target dimensions, to calculate the scale factor for that, and then simply do internal what i would do external: type in the scale factor to resize the object.

Different story for scaling a selection though. As it seems that you can`t grab the bounding box dimensions for that yet. I don`t know your software structure. So to develop this may indeed need years of refactoring. But from my point of view you sooner or later have to when you don`t want to limit your software to organic modeling only. And this just because of one missing basic feature.

Anyways, all i can give here is some feedback and share some thoughts. It`s of course your software and your decision. I think i have told what i wanted to tell. And can just hope that you have understand it.

I will check back from time to time. Your software is still promising. Keep it up.
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    maya has a tool that works like this

tranform_tool.jpg

can directly enter dimensions on each axis, and it figures out the scaling factor and enters the appropriate scale into the scale x y and z in the channel box.

maybe a similar tool is what he would like?
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    All polygon modelers have a way to enter the target value for scale somewhere. Blender, Max, Cinema and so on. Not exactly like in Maya as shown here, but in the one or another way. I know not a single polygon modeler that lacks of numeric scale.

EDIT: I checked Blender and found a funny thing. Blender has also just scale for the whole bounding box. And not for a selection. But it has bounding box dimensions and scale factor.

EDIT2, but i can scale a face by typing in S, followed by the axis and the target value. So even Blender allows scale of a selection.
  • IStonia
    I think I can use the Absolute fields for dimension input. Currently it is used for uniform scaling. It may take a day or two.
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    Yeah, that`s what i have meant. That one`s no biggie. It could be also a good idea to display the current dimensions from the Scene explorer there :)
  • BiGstoNe
    Hello IStonia,
    I miss a function to divide one or more edges in a variable number of segments.

Best regards
    BigstoNe
    divideh.jpgdivideh.jpg
    divideh.jpg
  • IStonia
    BiGstoNe, edge mode > Geometry > Break.
  • BiGstoNe
    Thank you very much

one function - many names :D
    i tried to cut or divide
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Aug-11-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * Absolute input fields in 'Manipulation' panel are used for size input control in scale mode.
    * Numeric inputs are added to 'Scene Explorer > Object List' for object position/orientation/scale/size adjusting.
    * Geometry > Common Commands n Tools > Freeze Object Scale.
    * Edit > Customize > Tools > Common Modeling Shortcut Tools > Pick Material. Select material in material editor according to the polygon under dursor point.
    * In material editor, if a material name appears in green color, that means an object using that material is being selected in the scene.
    Thanks!
  • Dataday
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    Hey IStonia, just dropping in to let you know I am starting to see Voidworld mentioned in the forums of other applications, mainly those who use blender or are ..were ... silo users pissed off at nevercenter. If you can successfully market VW to the silo crowd (who are looking to leave silo since its development stopped years ago) you would probably get some fairly loyal users right off the bat.

Anyways look forward to seeing how it evolves.... I hope you can give your website some much needed love btw.
  • IStonia
    Dataday,
    thanks for dropping in! Also thanks for the marketing suggestion!
    My website has been updated.
  • Dataday
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    IStonia wrote: »
    Dataday,
    thanks for dropping in! Also thanks for the marketing suggestion!
    My website has been updated.

Right on! I didnt see the latest update to your website. Looks great!
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    This is a great release! You even managed to implement numeric scale in edit mode. And it didn`t take years. Absolute numeric scale values is a great addition to the software! I`m glad that i was able to convince you. Many thanks :)

And thumbs up to bring your webpage into this millenium. Looks good :)

And now for something completely different. The splash screen starts with Nvil in the name. Your website is mentioning the modeler Nvil. The exe is called Void World though. And the help file tells me about Void World 2.4. And now the million dollar question: What`s the name of the software ? Nvil or Void World?

In case you are unsure, Void world is a bit better to remind in my opinion :)
  • IStonia
    Nivil is the final name. German made.

The website is designed by passerby. My web design is horribly bad.
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    the website and forums my design, but credit for the logo goes to Memag, which is more or less my colour pallet also.

hope to do more with the website later, originally had it done in php, so i could have some more dynamic features to it, but istonia server didn't support php.
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    Nivil is the final name. German made.

Hmm. But it`s no german word. Google translator thinks it`s a italian word. But doesn`t deliver a translation then. I found some meanings for it, and it lists stuff like fog or navel or novel. I personally still favour Void World. That`s how your software is already known and named at some other boards. - Funny how such a simple thing like a name can keep your mind going :)

The webpage is really well done. Me likes :)

May i add another request? I hope it doesn`t already exists, and i haven`t overlooked it.

One of the fastest navigation methods for zoomnig that i know is rectangle zoom. In Blender called Zoom to Rectangle. In trueSpace you drag a rectangle from left to right to zoom in, and from right to left to zoom out. In Blender it`s hotkey shift+b plus left mouse button plus drag a rectangle to zoom in, and shift+b plus middle mouse button plus drag a rectangle to zoom out.
  • IStonia
    There was a discussion about naming some time ago. Nvil(not Nivil) is chosen out of a number of suggested names. It is short for Anvil. Suggestion and Logo are German made.

Your request has been done already in Aug 06 update. You must have missed that out. It is a page back in this thread, post #1913.
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Aug-12-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * A direction error in polygon manipulator controled extrusion is fixed.
    * A threshold version vertex 'Weld To Nearest' option is added to vertex visual Weld tool. vertex mode > Geometry > Weld.
    Thanks!
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    You`re right, i have overlooked it. Thanks :)

I have a question when you don`t mind. I want to change the hotkey to call the radial menu from RMB to Alt+RMB, because i rarely use it yet. And may not use it at all. But i cannot find the menu entry for that. Where can i change this?

Another thing i`m curious about is that i find WMB for the wheel mouse button as a hotkey for some tools, like for Grow/Shrink Loopselection. But i cannot choose WMB in the dropdown box to assign it by myself nor can i edit the Grow Shrink Loopselection hotkey. It`s greyed out. Is this intended?
  • IStonia
    Q: I have a question when you don`t mind. I want to change the hotkey to call the radial menu from RMB to Alt+RMB, because i rarely use it yet. And may not use it at all. But i cannot find the menu entry for that. Where can i change this?
    A: You can setup your own radial menus with hotkeys, Edit > Customize > Radial Menu > New button. If you want to disable the default right click radial menu, uncheck Edit > Options > Radial Menu Options > Default RMB Acitvation Enabled.

Q: Another thing i`m curious about is that i find WMB for the wheel mouse button as a hotkey for some tools, like for Grow/Shrink Loopselection. But i cannot choose WMB in the dropdown box to assign it by myself nor can i edit the Grow Shrink Loopselection hotkey. It`s greyed out. Is this intended?
    A: You need to create a streamline tool then assign the grow/shrink command to its wmb-up/wmb-down event.
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth

So there is no way to change the hotkey from RMB to alt+RMB to call the radial menu?
  • IStonia
    Yes, you can. In the radial menu editor, there is a built-in menu call 'Main'. That is the default radial menu and you can change its activation setting to Alt+RMB.
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    That´s what i wanted to know. Merci :)
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    Hm, nope, i am still lost. I have edited the hotkey. But the radial menu still opens with just rmb. Is it the wrong item, or have i found a quirk here?
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    turn off this option

radmenudisabel.jpg
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Aug-15-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * A bug in primitive 'Text' tool is fixed.
    * A bug in streamline tool 'Spline_Extrude' is fixed.
    Thanks!
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    Thanks a bunch passerby. Now the radial menu doesn`t come up with rmb anymore. Perfect :)

One thing i noticed while this is that i couldn`t get rid of the alt key for move, rotate and scale in the customize/tools section. Reset didn`t clear the hotkey, it resets to the default hotkey, which is alt. As a workaround i ticked multikeys with a mouse button key applied. And with clicking at ok the alt key in the first field disappeared. But that was more coincidence that i stumbled across this.

May i suggest to add a button to clear the current hotkey? :)
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    turn off multikeys, and hit none, it's below the spacebar on the chart.
  • Tiles
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiles greentooth
    Ah, indeed. Thanks. I have overlooked it because it looks like it`s part of the keyboard. Shouldn`t it be better placed besides the Reset Hotkeys Button?
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Aug-31-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * Two new dock panels are added. You need to do a reset to make them available. View > Windows > Reset. Then shut down the program and reload it.
    * Edit > Cutomize > Key Chart Layout. Key chart layout can be customize to match the local physical keyborad layout.
    * Edit > Options > SmartTips Options > Dockable.
    * View > Window > Tool Search. It can be used to search tools, execute commands, activate streamline tools. Click an activated streamline tool will deactivate it. Double LMB: execute. MMB: customize. RMB: context menu.
    * Streamline tools can be activated from SmartTips. To close it, just click it again in the smartTips.
    * Snappings works on spline tangent operations.
    * Edit > Customize Tools > Object Shortcut Tools > 'Replace Objects'/'Replace Objects By Instance'. Replace selected mesh objects by objects/instances created from the mesh object which is under cursor.
    * A new tutorial in the help file. Help > Tutorials > Set Up A StreamLine Tool. It is recommended that every one should read through it. There could be something new and usefull to you.
    Thanks!
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Sep-08-12.rar
    Note: If the app failed to run, it is likely the msvcr71.dll is missing in your system.

Summary of changes:
    * A new dock panel is added. To make it available, you need to do a reset, View > Windows > Reset.
    * View > Windows > Manipulation Input Window.
    * Scale ability is added to transform align operation.
    * A bug in streamline tool's 'Allow tpped to stay live' option is fixed.
    * A bug in stramline tool 'BG Image' is fixed.
    * Some improvement for streamline tools. It allows user to perform selection operation within a streamline tool. See Help > SteamLine Tools > StreamLine Tool Specifications > Allow tapped to stay live.
    * Edit > Preference > General > Misc Settings > Auto save/load scene on app close/start.
    * Polygon mode > Geometry > Divide NGon.
    * View > Object Shading > Show Hard Edges.
    * Edit > Preference > Colors > Edge Colors > Hard Edge.
    * Vertex Normal tool is improved to adjust multiple normals at the same time. See Help > Contents > Modeling > Vertex Section > Mesh Vertex > Adjust Vertex Normal.
    Thanks!
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Sep-09-12.rar
    Note: If the app failed to run, it is likely the msvcr71.dll is missing in your system.

Summary of changes:
    * Two bugs of the menus in View > Windows are fixed.
    * A bug in subobject 'Grow Loop Selection' is fixed. It was broken in the last update.
    * To adjust smart-tip item's display height, either click and drage its hotkey fiels or just click its hotkey field to cycle through the preset heights.
    Thanks!
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Sep-13-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * Vertex 'Normal' tool has been reworked. Subobject mode > Geometry > Common Commands n Tools > Normal.
    * polygon mode Geometry > Align Normals To Average Normal. For each polygon selection group, the normals of the vertices will be aligned to the group's average normal.
    * Geometry > Common Commands n Tools > Unify Polygon acings. Flip polygons to ensure uniform facing on the whole mesh. Any polygon selection will be used as facing indication.
    Thanks!
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Sep-20-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * View > Display > Heads Up Display > Show View Size.
    * Two bugs in object grouping are fixed.
    * Sorting abilities are added to 'Scene Explorer > Object List'.
    * Input fields in 'Scene Explorer > Object List' are moved to 'Manipulation Input' Window.
    * Geometry > Common Commands n Tools > Freeze Object Orientation.
    * -+*/() are all supported in numerical input.
    * In object mode, f manipulator position setting is set to 'Object', selection bounding box center will be used. If it is set to 'Selection' or 'Parent', object pivot will be used as before.
    * Scene Explorer right click > Group Pivot > Align to Group Bounding Box Center.
    Thanks!