Home Unreal Engine

huge video file size and object appears out of nowhere.

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
elias leoanrd polycounter lvl 9
Hi,
I've got 2 problems:
First: I made a small video of 35 seconds. Just a camera moving through my level made with a matinee and I would excpect the file size to be like 400MB tops. But for some reason that 35 second video is a wopping 8.5 GB!
I rendered it with these setting and these are also the details of the video
video_settings.jpg

Second problem:
In the same video appears a sphere object. I didn't put it there and I don't know where it came from. I'm guessing it might be a sphere reflection capture, since that is the only sphere shaped thing I ever used in my scene.
But when I look into my viewport in that spot, there isn't even a sphere reflection capture that might be getting rendered. So I don't know how it is getting rendered since there isn't anything there (or at least not that i can see).
here is a screenshot:
Video_Sphere_Object.jpg

thanks in advance :)

Replies

• elias leoanrd
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok the ball was a player start apparently.
  • leedesign
    From what I see in the video properties, the Total bitrate is way too high. Yours are 2036MB per second. Normally, just 20MB per second is great enough for good quality video. I don't know how to tweak the bitrate since the Create Movie Option only provides Custom Resolution but nothing else.

There is another way to work around this. Normally in video production, we don't render directly using AVI. You can render to image sequences using PNG or JPEG then using Video Editing software like Adobe primere or After Effect (or others) to put those images sequences in then render out. Doing this way will save a lot of storage space.
  • ambershee
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    The video is uncompressed, absolute maximum quality, so using that information we can determine the file size:

A 1920*1080 bitmap is 7.9MB, you have 30 bitmap frames per second so that's 237MB, and you have 36 seconds of footage, so that's going to total 8532MB.
  • elias leoanrd
    Offline / Send Message
    ok thanks,
    I converted it into a .mov file with some free converting software and it's about 78MB now without losing any apparent quality
    I just didn't know avi was so different from mp4, mov,...