Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: id map colors get reshuffled

akaChris
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
akaChris polycounter lvl 6
Hi guys,

my id map colors seem to get reshuffled constantly. Not sure what I`m doing wrong.

I have one project where I defined all the colors/mats, then I save a preset from document.

When I create a new project with a new color id map (using the same colors) and use my previously defined preset, the materials get assigned to the wrong colors

curiously the color that is shown next to material name is the correct one. but clicking on that color to assign a different one shows that it is actually assigned to a different color. this seems a bit weird? possibly a bug?

(I only get my preset to work consistently if I use the identical color id texture)

(I have Find closest id match unchecked, enabling it did not solve this)

currently this means I have to reassign every id by hand... with up to 24 ids and hundreds of objects, this is quite frustrating

Replies

• akaChris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi again,

so this is definitely a bug (and for me, it's a showstopper at the worst possible time)

I have set up a very simple test scenario that anyone should be able to reproduce.

I am using Quixel Suite 1.8 and PS CC 2014.2.1 (I can also confirm this issue for 1.6 and 1.7)

I have created a preset with 3 materials (default smart materials with different colors). I then only assigned id maps and left everything else in the base creator empty and just loaded the preset for generation. The ddo settings were: 16 bit materials, quality curvature, tex dens 1024, work res 100, calibration profile cryengine, group all base layers under advanced is checked.

The different results and where it breaks can be seen in the attached screenshot.

PS: Files are also uploaded here including xml for preset: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6vsa2iliiq1umps/AACrpFtqx7jZWv3WkYzC6Resa?dl=0

I'd really appreciate if someone could test this to see if this bug can be reproduced or isolated. thanks in advance for any help I can get!
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Using dDo 1.8 /w Uncalibrated 8bit I get the correct result if I go from the second colour ID (So only the three colours defined by the preset) to the third with new id's using the re-importer, but I get incorrect results if I start a new project with the third colour ID (with new colours not in the preset).
  • ar2r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've got alawayes problem with color map, ddo didn't recognize colors from id , mixig this in awfully way, and crashes so often
  • akaChris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for confirming this bug Bek. Basically that means the entire batching pipeline is broken as far as I can see it. hopefully Teddy can look into this soon (I`m a bit afraid that launching Megascans might currently be taking priority over getting ddo into shape). I love Megascans as much as the next guy but I really really need ddo to work in asset production, not just on a single asset.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys, sorry for late reply!

This is unfortunately a bug, we´re very thankful you brought this to our attention! This is one of the main focuses for the next update and we really really apologize for all inconvenience this is causing you!
  • akaChris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Eric! just saw 1.9 announcement on facebook. sounds frikkin' awesome!

(next time I`ll wait a day longer before ranting. :) sorry for giving you a hard time :))
  • Eric Ramberg