Home Quixel Megascans

ANSWERED: Trying to work with Octane Render

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Gordon Robb polycounter lvl 2
Got my 1.8 finally working. And trying it out on a test model.

I manage to get it to look like this in Suite.

ScreenClip.jpg

Love it.

However, once exported to Lightwave and rendered in Octane it's a mare to get the spec and gloss (roughness it's called in Octane) to work properly. This is the closest I can get it, and that's with a lot of messing.

CarParkSuite.jpg

Replies

• Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Argh. How do I insert images in this forum. I've upladed them with the attachement manager. Then inserted them using the little icon in the bit you post. The look like [attachmet]853484[\attachement] kind of thing, which is what i'd expect, then it shows up like this in the forum.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Octane I´m sorry to say we haven´t added support for Octane yet, I´m not myself familiar with this software so Im not sure how to calibrate your maps, maybe someone else here has an idea?

We really want to add support for Octane in the future, So any insights in how it works would be most welcome!
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've found a profile that seems to work, albeit with a bit of tweaking of the maps.

The issue was that octane uses roughness instead of gloss. (they are inverted). Got it working and I need to do some testing to see what else needs tweaked.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the update Gordon! We look forward to hear about your findings. With a bit of luck we can squeeze in Octane calibration together with V-Ray calibration for 1.9.

- Teddy