Home Technical Talk

Blender difficult to learn for a beginner

Title is fixed now, thx Eric and Kryzon

Blender's UI is actually not that difficult, with some youtubes and manuals you can learn it faster than you think, but problem is all the invisible things you can't learn from manuals,

for example,
when I seperate a face from mesh, if it is octagon or something, suddenly a ghost face pops up(a face that exist but you can't edit it)
No one seems to know how to delete it.

other example
when you open Uv editor, you see blank screen instead of editor. but if you click 'new image', now you can see image editor.
..........what the? I saw several others on youtube experiencing same thing.

other example
You adjusted a texture image, then you didn't like it, so made some changes, suddenly texture is all messed up, but if you open same texture image then everything is just fine....

....things like above happens a lot. Especially when I try to use simulation and bones. Following simulation tutorial is very hard because things doesn't happen like in tutorials.

I don't know if it's only me, but I'm getting tired.

Oh, what I was trying to say is.....are others experiencing same thing? Is that only me?
Maybe I'll just give up on blender...
I played with Modo only for one day and I already figured how to make basic things.

Replies

• RN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    Hello.
    When you click the Edit option at the bottom of your post, if the page doesn't change then it's in "quick editing" mode where you can't change the thread title. In this case, there's a button at the bottom of the editing form named "Go Advanced," it'll take you to a full editing page where you can change the thread title (it's the "Title" field, below the "Reason For Editing" field).
  • mignonw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kryzon wrote: »
    Hello.
    When you click the Edit option at the bottom of your post, if the page doesn't change then it's in "quick editing" mode where you can't change the thread title. In this case, there's a button at the bottom of the editing form named "Go Advanced," it'll take you to a full editing page where you can change the thread title (it's the "Title" field, below the "Reason For Editing" field).

I did 'go advanced' several times, and also filled 'reason for editing', now title on my post box is alright but it still messed up on the forum list.... :(
  • RN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    Oh I see, I thought it would change the thread title as well.
    Try private-messaging moderator Eric with a request for changing the thread title.
  • mignonw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kryzon wrote: »
    Oh I see, I thought it would change the thread title as well.
    Try private-messaging moderator Eric with a request for changing the thread title.

I sent request, hope he can change it,
    thx :)
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Renamed it for you. In this version of the forum software, users can only rename individual posts, but not the whole thread.

Re: blender, there are bugs in every software. Just learn to get around them. One thing that helps me is if there is an error message, or something in the log, then it helps to Google that text. See if others have found a workaround.
  • mignonw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Renamed it for you. In this version of the forum software, users can only rename individual posts, but not the whole thread.

Re: blender, there are bugs in every software. Just learn to get around them. One thing that helps me is if there is an error message, or something in the log, then it helps to Google that text. See if others have found a workaround.

Thx for fixing title :)

anyway, yes every software has bugs, maybe it's just me... at least it's free so i can learn it again any time.
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    every 3d package is difficult to learn as a beginner
    there´s a shitton of options and you need a solid knowledge how stuff works to get the results you want.
    if you like modo more, go with modo, but essentially they all do the same