Home Dota 2

The 2014 International Compendium

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Hawt Koffee polycounter lvl 13

oh my god you guys it's insane this year.
New weather effects, active item effects, sound packs, BASE CUSTOMIZATION!?
This could open up huge potential for workshop stuff.

Replies

• TrevorJ
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ polycounter lvl 9
    Was just thinking about somehow integrating custom fountains or ancients for pro teams, i think its a logical next step
  • Hawt Koffee
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawt Koffee polycounter lvl 13
    Environment artists are going to have their work cut out for them
  • AndrewHelenek
  • Nikey
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    Will we create barracks and throne models soon? :D
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    Environments would probably take after loading screens meaning that the person who has the custom stuff would be the only on who sees it. Different sound effects might take after announcers though.
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
  • Coyo.Te
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    I am a little pissed that my TI3 courier still has no particle effect even with 270 games watched on the list. wonder if they deliver like promise this time.
  • t1mu
    Offline / Send Message
    t1mu polycounter lvl 8
    single chests are coming for TI 2014
  • polarbear
    t1mu wrote: »
    single chests are coming for TI 2014

how so?
  • t1mu
    Offline / Send Message
    t1mu polycounter lvl 8
    polarbear wrote: »
    how so?
    just guessing
  • Nikey
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
  • BrontoThunder
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    Coyo.Te wrote: »
    I am a little pissed that my TI3 courier still has no particle effect even with 270 games watched on the list. wonder if they deliver like promise this time.

I think only the crab smeevil is meant to have particles though. Did they promise particles for the other two?
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    TI2 just ended.
  • Coyo.Te
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    I think only the crab smeevil is meant to have particles though. Did they promise particles for the other two?

? O_o whats the point in that? I always thought they add particles to the TI3 courier which is all three of them, in the end they are just styles. welp i dont know.
  • cottonwings
    >Designed a Nian golem for Warlock during New Bloom
    >Volvo created their offical Year Beast
    > :(

>Created a visual draft of a seagull courier for Kunkka
    >Volvo released Lieutenant Squawkins
    > :(:(:(
  • BrontoThunder
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    >Designed a Nian golem for Warlock during New Bloom
    >Volvo created their offical Year Beast
    > :(

>Created a visual draft of a seagull courier for Kunkka
    >Volvo released Lieutenant Squawkins
    > :(:(:(

Create a Techies summon for someone pls.
  • Sumers
    Offline / Send Message
    Sumers polycounter lvl 10
    I also like the idea of boat for flying version, very original
    btw 4kk$ goal - pudge courier? what the hell? worst goal ever imo, better add "/surrender" function and ill buy 20 compediums.
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    Sumers wrote: »
    btw 4kk$ goal - pudge courier? what the hell? worst goal ever imo, better add "/surrender" function and ill buy 20 compediums.

That is a must, maybe something like 4 of 5 ppl must surrender on one team and 3 of 5 on the other team accepts.

on another note, I hope not to sound bad in anyway, but does anyone want to trade a compendium for some items of my items? The current price is 7 keys on the market which I think is pretty high.
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    If you think that a surrender/concede option is a good idea, I'm gonna come to your house and beat you with a spoon until you come to the realization that you've been horribly wrong.
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    @Spudnik
    The surrender option isn't just, hey lets surrender and end the game. Its more like when the other team decides to farm off of heroes in the the fountain than ending the game.
  • MagnoHusein
    Sumers wrote: »
    I also like the idea of boat for flying version, very original

Can't agree more.
  • Sumers
    Offline / Send Message
    Sumers polycounter lvl 10
    Spudnik wrote: »
    If you think that a surrender/concede option is a good idea, I'm gonna come to your house and beat you with a spoon until you come to the realization that you've been horribly wrong.
    dude i have a spoon too, so there will be a hard duel
  • Chemical Alia
    Offline / Send Message
    Chemical Alia polycounter lvl 7
    I have no idea what "compendium" is, but I bought one anyway.

Environment artists are going to have their work cut out for them

After years, I finally dragged myself out of the eternal quagmire of environment art just in time to be TOTALLY READY FOR SOME MORE ENVIRONMENT ART.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik wrote: »

I'd drop a grand on the compendium to see that feature get implemented. I don't see any reason it can't work like in CSGO. Can't surrender until someone leaves the match on your team, and even then everyone on the team needs to agree.

Do you enjoy wasting time? This is probably why I'm still in Low Priority after three months. LOW PRO, LOW PRO! :thumbup:
  • belkun
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    Oh god please no surrender. It's a topic that has been talked about over and over on every Dota community, but having a surrender option would really detract a lot from the game. See LoL, if you lose a teamfight people just start voting to surrender, and then you lost 20min of your time because you got crappy teammates who faint at the smallest sign of losing the game. It's the same as people who type gg or abandon after losing first blood. Just the feeling of coming back and winning a game that you thought was impossible to win is enough to completely lose any interest on a surrender option, and I bet that if you guys play one of those games you would change your opinion too.

Anyway, about the compendium, I don't think there's anything relevant to the Workshop, since all of the immortal items are from Valve. The only interesting thing is customizable buildings, and although we're still not quite at that stretch goal yet and we may never be (but I'm confident!), it would be a really nice addition to the game.
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    @Belkun

The surrender option should be if its just a massacre. Losing all your towers plus maybe a rax while the opponent has lost none, when the difference between exp and gold are too great.

The game is less fun when one team is getting slaughtered and the winning team doesn't want to finish the game.

I've played games where people would just leave at the hint of losing (Back in WC3). I never really left those games just because their money was better used for my own hero. Usually I won that game (unless it was too far) surrender option could possible allow being enable "safe leave" rather than ending the game entirely. But nobody should be obligated to play a game when there is a clear winner and the winner doesn't want to end the game.
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    I'd drop a grand on the compendium to see that feature get implemented. I don't see any reason it can't work like in CSGO. Can't surrender until someone leaves the match on your team, and even then everyone on the team needs to agree.

Do you enjoy wasting time? This is probably why I'm still in Low Priority after three months. LOW PRO, LOW PRO! :thumbup:

You're probably in low priority because you abandon a bunch of games and yell at your teammates you nut! Don't blame the game for your own dirty butt.
  • belkun
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    @Belkun

The surrender option should be if its just a massacre. Losing all your towers plus maybe a rax while the opponent has lost none, when the difference between exp and gold are too great.

The game is less fun when one team is getting slaughtered and the winning team doesn't want to finish the game.

I've played games where people would just leave at the hint of losing (Back in WC3). I never really left those games just because their money was better used for my own hero. Usually I won that game (unless it was too far) surrender option could possible allow being enable "safe leave" rather than ending the game entirely. But nobody should be obligated to play a game when there is a clear winner and the winner doesn't want to end the game.

Don't want to turn this into a discussion just about the surrender option, but honestly, if you find yourself playing lots of extremely one sided games like that, you're probably really really deep in the trench. Sure there is always a game or two where this stuff happens, but I don't think that a surrender option would do any good to the game, since this kind of stuff usually just happens at low level matchmaking. As you get better, you learn how to stop this stuff. Whenever the enemy team tries to fountain camp, just go ahead and freaking kill them! It usually makes them finish the game pretty quickly afterwards.

Also Zip is right. Remember that the only thing that is true for all of the games that you lost is that you were on them. Blaming the game or anything else wont make a difference.
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Zipfinator wrote: »
    You're probably in low priority because you abandon a bunch of games and yell at your teammates you nut! Don't blame the game for your own dirty butt.

Aye. I've played 2500 games and have never been in low prio, ever. Or had games that would have required a concede button. But yeah, this has been discussed to death on every single dota related forum by now. ^^
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator wrote: »

They call me the king of Low Pro. :thumbup:
  • cottonwings
    Just saying if my team has the option to surrender, 4 of my pub matches this month wouldn't have won. Have faith in COMEBACK ladies and gentlemen.
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    Sometimes its impossible to comeback when you have score 2-30 and some of your teammates are sitting in fountain or feedeing other team on purpose. I mean this surrender option could account work a bit different. We all know that wining team have all the fun so its nice for them to have this possibility to wing game, fountain camp and so on. But sometimes its not even fun when you see they are not defending or even feeding you.

If surrender should ever be added I think one team should vote for surrender option to be given to enemies, so they can accept this instead of losing 20 more minutes.
  • TrevorJ
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ polycounter lvl 9
    its actually really simple, it should be score and time based to even see an option, Valve can use their data to see what percentage of games when you are losing by a certain amount give less than 1%(or whatever) win rate. For example the surrender option does not come up unless the score is double and the 20 min timer trips. Id be surprised if anyone could say they have come back from a loss like that. They could even take into account which heroes are in the game and there respective win loss rates at for certain lengths of games, so if you have a naga or medusa it may adjust by adding time the surrender option check.

I don;t really care either way. I do agree with Belkun though, the really bad games are mostly at low mmr's which is unfortunate because it makes new people getting into the game really hard.

Anywho, Compendium!
  • lindkvast
    Offline / Send Message
    lindkvast polycounter lvl 6
    Is there a deadline for the items if you want to have a shot at getting them in for The International?