Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Morris Belfrage

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Connecta polycounter lvl 7
Hi, My name is Morris - Currently living in Stockholm, Sweden, where I study Game Development at 'Stockholms Universitet'.

I liked the idea of the Digital Sketchbook so I'll give it a try, since I just recently began modelling in 3D (Autodesk Maya mainly)

Constructive Criticism is more than welcome:)

/Morris

Replies

• Connecta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This was my first assignment in Maya - an environment with between 20,000 and 40,000 tris, this shot is around 21,000 tris.
    I took inspiration from the Anime "Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below" and did some concepting of my own
    th_2-Wireframe.pngth_QuickSketch.jpgth_Ruins.jpeg
    Will put this project on hold til' I get the time/feel for it
    Edit: Made everything smaller
  • Connecta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Connecta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, Apparently I'm quite bad at updating my sketchbook;) I'll Skip everything between then and now and just keep going with my latest creation.

This character is for a game I'm working on at the moment, which will be a third person Co-Op game. This guy is a warrior who is following his dreams to become a magician.

Does it count as cheating when you render the images with mental ray? Made a random effect on the staff since it will have a particle-effect in Unity which will be similar to this glow
    All in all 10k Tris and 512x512 Texture for the body and 256x256 for each piece of garment (should go for 128x128 instead or lower). He's still missing a bit of gear, so it's still a Work In Progress.
    Wizard_Back.pngWizard_Front.png
  • Connecta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been a while since I've updated - been pumping meshes, lastest and finest would be this. This is the best I've done yet, so the progress i obvious:)
    16700Tris.
    bior5u9.png
    3eQp8OQ.png