Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fan

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Blaizer interpolator
I have been showing WIP images on the "what are you working on" thread, and now that this model could be called as finished, here's its thread with nicer and more beauty images.

All the work was done during the weekends (almost a month of work), and i have had too many difficulties to finish it, several bugs and problems in my workflow due to the fucking Zapplink for Zbrush 3, modo™ intant crashes, max 2009 crashes mirroring envelopes, etc.

As result, i ended painting the whole model in modo (totally), except the shiled. The program is not very good for that purpose (its features are very basic but with custom pencils is enough good to go), i needed to be fixing artifacts and imperfections in photoshop constantly.

As i said, this will be my last old school model. With the actual baking tools, and all the tools for sculpt, i feel the texturing is faster. I didn't remenber how painful were to paint shadows and volumes on a model :D. The next thing to finish will be a hi-res one :D.

About the specs, less than 6000 tris without weapon and shield, and less than 7000 with them. The model uses a pair of 2048x2048 textures and one single and small one for the upper dress (512x). Lance and shield uses textures of 1024x and 512x.

Errr, the images...
fanatico_01.jpg

fanatico_02.jpg

fanatico_04.jpg

fanatico_05.jpg

fanatico_06.jpg

fanatico_08.jpg

A few more images in my blog, here.

Hope you like it :D

Replies