Home Unreal Engine

Help with texturing, material editing and post processing

mesmurus
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
mesmurus polycounter lvl 4
Hi I'm just making this post to check if anyone has any idea on how to create a texture, or material similar to Planetary annihilation.
Below are some images of PA so you have the idea of the look I'm trying to achieve.

Please post below is you have any idea on how to create this style.

Planetary-Annihilation-1.jpg

Holkins.png

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/233250/ss_a978e86a68a7d9759bf8abf76923f867c9a8dddc.1920x1080.jpg?t=1400785293

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Ok... I will be totally honest, maybe my acc will suffer cause of this, but actually you can't be this s...or maybe you are too lazy to even take a look... If you don't see how it works, then stop making 3d...This style is extremely simple. They have flat colors, ao, and edge highlights.Thats all, you can determine this after the first look... I can't believe that you don't see...Dear moderators, sorry, but im started being full of with lazy people..

I see this is too harsh, but soon we'll get to a point when people will ask how to put a vert.

And, dear dude. Honestly, I can easily answer, but I can't accept that you don't take a look ant think before asking.
  • mesmurus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can clearly see that is has plain colors and a white outlines, this post was to simply ask if anyone has any helpful tips on how to recreate this and if they do which way would be more efficient for people to use eg: cavity maps, edge detection or simply painting on the UV so next time you comment on a post try and be more helpful and stop complaining, everyone needs helps that's the point of the forum.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you are any familiar with game art then you can know that its a simply "baked or painted into colormap" thing. A shader based solution can work, but its definitely not efficient. Even if it can be time saver. What you are looking for is the Xnormal convexity output. It will output the edges for you as a mask, that you can use in your painting app.
  • mesmurus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok thanks you for your imput. Would you know if you use edge detection on Unreal 4 could you make a similar effect or would it look much like a borderlands like style?
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its the sobel edge filter, but thats definitely not the most efficient thing for what you want. Check my previous post, I updated it with the exact solution.
  • mesmurus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh yes just read it thanks