Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: RabbitBrains

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
RabbitBrains polycounter lvl 7
Decided to throw up this sketchbook thread to start doing more 2d/3d art in my spare time. Especially 2d because I feel like I've been spending less time on it over the years and am getting rusty.
I'll try posting up things once a week if not a couple per week.
I'll put up a practice character concept later that I've ben working on recently but for now here are couple pieces I did back when I was doing a Gnomon short course. Comments and critiques are welcome for any of my posts.

aa5wVSv.jpg
HLxFnx5.jpg

Replies

• RabbitBrains
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Staying at my parents overnight so I did a pencil sketch of a snow leopard. Comments and critiques are welcome for any of my posts.
    RJuyYis.jpg
  • RabbitBrains
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Decided to do a practice charcter concept for fun.
    I wanted to make an effeminate semi bipedal alien and after doing some silhouettes decided to go with the body of 3 with the head of 4. After defining the shape and measuring the perspective I went with a mutual compliment colour pallete with one analogous colour (green).

One mistake I think I did was restricting my pose for all the silhouettes to just one. The pose of a character can set the mood and overall impression of it and just sticking with one made me feel like I was limited on what I wanted to do with it.

ML8Viuv.png
  • RabbitBrains
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It been a while. Busy with work, university and getting an autoimmune condition. Below I have decided to upload something I did a couple of months ago. I think one of my biggest weakness is in cloth painting and how the physics of it works around a body with different materials and weights of the cloth draping over a figure.Please critique!
    IXTtgGa.jpg
  • RabbitBrains
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also did the art for the Bearzerkers (game) stand art for Pax Aus happening near the end / start of Oct-Nov. This was fun to do for them!

vC7n7F3.jpg