Home Digital Sketchbooks

Digital Sketchbook - Myging

Hi, I go with the nickname of Myging and I am a 3rd year student in 3D Computer Animation.

I am trying to learn as much as I can and hopefully become able to work in the game industry. I like rigging and trains so probably you will see some more of these stuff.

Enjoy yourselves and critics are always welcome.

P.S.:In the meanwhile I realized I named my thread wrong (OMG so bad, instead of Sketchbook: Myging yeah it was middle of the night when I made the thread, so sorry), if anyone knows how to change it would be a great help because I could not find anything so far and I don't want to come across as impolite.

Replies

• Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was playing with textures tonight, because my texturing skills require quite a lot of improvement and here is what I got so far (the train model is a study from The Boy with the Cuckoo Clock Heart, the other one is a simple head from mudbox and dropping a texture on it):

mZstnY.jpg

Kz9vSU.jpg

nG3Dwz.jpg

wM8s7M.jpg
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried taking my head further and make it a bit presentable. I used 3ds max and photoshop, textures from cgtextures.com.

yxwDqw.png
  • Myging
  • PEET?
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PEET? polycounter lvl 5
    You said you were going to focus on environment props. You don't have to model from your own ideas. Nearly every studio has dedicated concept artists. Find a simple concept that you like and build it.
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks PEET? I will pay attention to that. Until then I will practice my drawing skills and hopefully one day my designs will be better, too.

Untitled3.jpg

And after watching Maciej's photobashing tutorial I thought I'd give it a go. (I shall make no more characters!) Most of the images were from tumblr.

Nancy1.jpg
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So far I did a game in Unity but I felt I need to learn UDK as well. So I made this simple building using built in meshes and materials in the program. I have loads of bugs right now especially with the lighting, but I will fix them definitely later. Good night!

Screenshot%2B2015-01-28%2B00.56.45.png
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I might be doing this not so well. So I started a course in CGMA which is awesome but now I have less time to improve on my 3D skills. I am also doing a 3D animation, hopefully I will make it nicely rendered but we will see how it goes.

Hajnalka_Szanto_Wk1_cik.jpg

Some personal stuff I am working on:

Screenshot%2B2015-02-21%2B00.28.46.png
  • chalshokhi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love it......

Decrease your exam stress by using our latest Testking lsat practice test and best quality Six Sigma Certification and pass guide. We provide with 100% pass guarantee along with and www.pittstate.edu
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi everyone, long time no see. Thank you for your posts I really appreciate that and makes me happy to see people interested in my thread and taking the time to comment. ^^

My university assignments are almost finished, they are being rendered at the moment. (YASS!) Another thing, I also finished my course on CGMA and now it is time for me to rework my drawings based on feedback I got. I still have a few essays to do, but otherwise I am ready to hit the ground again and improve on my skills. What I am doing right now is:
    learning the tools. One very good instructor of ours once said:"Know your tool because in the industry you have to make very quick decisions." In my case I completely decided to switch from 3ds Max to Maya simply because I am fairly comfortable in that program right now and I have heard that these programs are both necessary to know when working in the industry.

Another software I am learning or need to learn: ZBrush, UDK, UE4 and Substance Designer and Painter.

It is usually very tempting to just jump in and create something and trust me I did that and failed miserably not knowing the tools properly. So tutorials remain. :)

So far I am getting better at ZBrush and since the tutorials I watched mostly required us to model humans, I modeled some humans. I am far from knowing this tool properly but with time I am sure I will be able to create some fantastic assets for future environments. So much to learn in so little time... And funny how long it takes me to block in a simple level in UDK while it crashes all the time and in the end it decided to give up on my imported meshes and does not show them at all. :'D

These are the only works that are somewhat alright for showing and until then I will just hide in the corner and study as much as I can. :)

ZBrush%2BScreenGrab01.jpg
    ZBrush%2BDocument.png
    Screenshot%2B2015-03-05%2B11.31.02.png
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi everyone, after seeing the monthly noob challenges I decided to go for something similar. I chose Sturmgewehr 44 for modelling. I am doing something wrong, because this took me three days to make.

untitled.1.jpg

untitled.2.jpg
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Learning many different programs really makes me go slower with my projects but here is an update on the gun.

wip2.png

wip.png
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    While I was learning some programs and Bitmap I was thinking of making some of my photos into a tileable texture. The last one with the castle bricks turned out to be quite usable. ^^ Feel free to use them.

Bitmap2Material_3__Base_Color___id_basecolor_.jpg

Bitmap2Material_3__Diffuse___id_diffuse_.jpg

MedievalMine.png
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Satellite dude work in progress. Instead of detailing it I ended up sort of half rigging it which was quite fun, seeing it coming to life.
    03.png
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am trying to push myself further and learn composition and shading/texturing properly. I got a hold of David Lesperance's Environment production workflow and his way opened my mind when I realised I spent waay too much time on a single bullet and trying to get it right and then missing the bigger picture. I aim to tell stories though my renders from now on properly so hopefully I will be able to do that.

One of my friend told me that the gun on laces reminded her of an old russian badass grandma handling a gun. I aim to make the grandma and make her German because that is where the gun came from and this grandma just had a breakfast with her son who is the member of the Waffe SS. I am not a big fan of wars and I am more interested in how general people (might have) lived in that period (besides what we know from photos, videos and textbooks).
    No finalised models and textures; I only wanted to see what shapes could I put there.

gh.RGB_color.png

I also made two heigtmaps that are quite usable so feel free to use them. One of them will be used for our project that we had launched with my friend about three weeks ago. We also aim to keep a blog about it just like Phil Liu and Joey Lenz did (big favorites :)). We will see how it goes, soon the preproduction phase will be finished, fingers cross so that we could continue.

heightmap2.tif

heightmap.tif
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Train work in progress.

1.png
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

Plus here is some tutorial stuff with Digital Tutors. I only modelled the luggage and a few shaders on it while everything else (models) are from Digital Tutors. I just love the learning paths they have there.

11013343_860813773965500_3329079743649180307_o.jpg
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some truck studies and some other stuff. Comments and critics are always welcome and thank you for looking at my work. :)

transportationk.jpg
    Trucks01.png
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trying to create a nice tileable texture from one of my photos. It was good fun.

Screenshot%2B2015-05-22%2B00.41.01.png
  • Myging
  • SarahYork3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, it's great to see your work improving from your initial post :)
  • Myging
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi thank you. Here is an update:

1523901_866113796768831_2786470688996545108_o.jpg