Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Sci-Fi Corridor

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
ScrotieFlapWack polycounter lvl 5
So this is my first post of my own work here. I am very new to modelling in general and I am starting to make my own portfolio. My aim is to make some scenes to learn new things (exercising my mind to think like a modeller :D).

I am going to get Unreal Engine 4 next month so I will be using that to make my render of this corridor. Here is the model I have been working. It is made in Wings 3D. The reason I have used this over my other modelling tools is to understand box modelling and to work with limitations (Wings 3D seems pretty limited in its functions.)

I will stop blabbing on. Please critique honestly, I would love your opinions on what I can change, add, remove etc.

Replies

• aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Image isn't showing up for me.
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    I can see them personally
  • ScrotieFlapWack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry about the images guys. I am useless at this posting forum stuff :P

I've had to put them in as attachments cos I can't figure out how to get the image to show in my post lol.

Here is another update though. I have moved onto UV'ing. I think I may have to work with about 3 to 4 UV sets, due to this being a partially big scene.

I am going to use 4k maps and try to keep the UV layout as clean as possible.
  • JustGarry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JustGarry polycounter lvl 4
    I've never even heard of Wings3D until now . . .
  • ScrotieFlapWack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JustGarry wrote: »
    I've never even heard of Wings3D until now . . .

Yep, Wings 3D is a basic box/polygon modeller. It has limited functions but your basics are there (inset, extrude, bridge, face, edge, vert mode etc.)

The reason I used Wings 3D to model my scene is to see what it's like to work with limitations. I find it frustrating working with software that has hundreds of features and a cluttered workspace. To a newbie like me it can be pretty daunting to start anything.

I'm slowly getting used to box modelling. I use 3D - Coat for sculpting and I love it. I find a little more freedom with sculpting, sadly it's no good for making scene's like this but props/characters it's amazing!