Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

LAW OF WAR first art dump

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Olli. polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys just wanted to share a couple WIP shots of in-game assets for our upcoming multiplayer shooter LAW OF WAR. The idea is a SWAT versus Robbers team FPS. Obviously we dont want to give away too much, but here is a little sneak peak of what is in store! Comments and crits always welcome!

LoW_01.jpg

LoW_02.jpg

LoW_03.jpg

LoW_04.jpg

LoW_05.jpg

LoW_06.jpg

LoW_07.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiEcl8T432U&feature=player_embedded"]PW Kimber Animations - YouTube[/ame]

Theres a recruitment thread HERE if anybody's interested in helping out on this project. We're looking for talented artists and a gameplay programmer to join us on a kickstarter prototype.

Replies

• gametime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gametime polycounter lvl 8
    mostly great work. great weapon models as always olli., tho the textures on the m4 are partly poor. it looks like u used an ambient map and added a standardized scratch/dirt layer on top of it. add more scratches to exposed parts and work the specular map. some dust in corners might be helpful, too.

last crit would be the nose of the character, which is otherwise really well done. the face i very smooth (in terms of polygons) i dont see edges, except the nose from the side. maybe chamfer it there.

cheers
  • Arron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some really nice work here! Love that van. Looks great. :)
  • joeriv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joeriv polycounter lvl 7
    Some nice work :)

Just out of curiousity, the 4th gun is that an existing gun or a own creation?
    I have never seen anything looking like it, so that is why I was wondering about it.
  • mystichobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mystichobo polycounter lvl 12
    joeriv wrote: »
    Some nice work :)

Just out of curiousity, the 4th gun is that an existing gun or a own creation?
    I have never seen anything looking like it, so that is why I was wondering about it.

Looking sweet Olli!

On the topic of that gun, the grippy bits with the knurling is too small and probably wont bake very well (will probably just show up as unreadable noise on your normalmap).
  • Olli.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olli. polycounter lvl 8
    thanks guys for your comments! I probably should have mentioned this earlier but none of these are actually made by me (Im doing environmental art). Im simply acting as a polycount ambassador of sorts for our team :). Dont worry, I'll make sure the crits you guys have posted will be heard and we will look over this stuff, so they wont go to waste.

oh and all the assets shown are modeled after real-world counterparts, so yes that fourth weapon is a real gun (its actually a Kel-Tec su-16)
  • ultranew_b
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome Stuff!

cheers