Home Contests & Challenges Archives Arms & Armor, Chivalry: Medieval Workshop

Arms & Armor: Questions & Answers

Replies

• GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    Are the payment information/tax information required for the item/item set to qualify for the contest?
  •  Chris Bruin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chris Bruin polycounter lvl 10
    Last question for the contest I think, how is everyone taking screenshots with no gradient behind their asset? For example, this image has no gradient, unlike any shot in the AnimSet Editor. Are these types of shots taken in the AnimSet editor, or someplace else within the SDK? Or is this done in Photoshop to remove the gradient?

Edit: Never mind, I just masked out the gradients in photoshop. Quite the pain in the rear, but it was faster than looking for a work around.
  • Imperium101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How do you open maps like ruins in SDK to pose your model in a real map?
  • Shuruboro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shuruboro polycounter lvl 5
    Does anyone know why I cant upload the files to Steam? I've been trying for 1,5 hours before the deadline and it just says "Error uploading file. Make sure you got a valid connection to Steam." Everything is fine with my internet connection , accounts, everything. It sucks that I couldn't submit because of this.

Email us your submission at Polycountcontest@tornbanner.com - well try to sort out your issues and make sure you will not be disqualified.
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    Hey, I'm looking at the chivalry workshop page and I don't see anything about instructions for submitting my entry, or any button/page that allows me to upload files.
  • jackalope
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    Ohhh, awesome! Infinite thanks, Jackalope :D
  • jackalope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jackalope polycounter lvl 11
    How long is it taking for the tax information to be verified for everyone? It seems like most peoples items are getting onto the public page, but I'm still waiting for verification.
  • islipaway
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    islipaway polycounter lvl 10
    It was instant for me but the first time I went through it it didn't complete properly so I had to do it all again.
  • jackalope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I went through it once on steam and it didn't seem to go properly, so I did it in my browser, I got all the way to the end and it said "Exit Interview" or whatever, so I assumed it was done?
    When I clicked that it took me back to the item page, but it still says Payment Information Required.

A: Eclypse had this issue aswell, just in case you missed it I want to remind you that you wont be disqualified. http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2148481&postcount=127 just go ahead with all the other submission steps and well work it out on a case by case basis.
  • Noth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 14
    Anyone know a quick fix for this problem? The mirrored portion of my mesh is flipping the Y, the rest is good.

Edit: Fixed by exporting from maya with tangents and bionormals off.
  • The Bad Rabbit
    Guys i cant launch chivalry anymore.
    UDK content browser had no content sdk folder so i verified the game cache, since i could find any explanation, and steam said 7 files were missing. The download starts at full speed but then it slows down till i get connection timed out. The size of missing files should be 75kbs. I really dont know what to do.

Edit - When i try to update something else the download has no issues
  • Zelfit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zelfit polycounter lvl 8
    Last question for the contest I think, how is everyone taking screenshots with no gradient behind their asset? For example, this image

Few clicks with Magic Wand works for me
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Quicky:
    I used Auto Convex Collision to create the collission model and returned this, is this a valid collission mesh or is the red indicating I fucked up?

ucGhrdE.jpg

A: set the depth slider to the minimum (1) when you do the auto collision, sorry this is just one of those things. I should mention it in the documentation.
  • jackalope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks fine to me

Also Thanks Dylan, it finally went through.
    jackalope wrote: »
    I went through it once on steam and it didn't seem to go properly, so I did it in my browser, I got all the way to the end and it said "Exit Interview" or whatever, so I assumed it was done?
    When I clicked that it took me back to the item page, but it still says Payment Information Required.

A: Eclypse had this issue aswell, just in case you missed it I want to remind you that you wont be disqualified. http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2148481&postcount=127 just go ahead with all the other submission steps and well work it out on a case by case basis.
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    I had to submit my entry because of the deadline and I did not know I would need to have the person I am collaborating with on my friends list on steam so I could not add him there. Not that I am going to win but is there anything we can do to add him later?
  • Shadowplay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadowplay polycounter lvl 13
    Just a few last hours left and having a major issue..tried everything i can think of...

i imported a long sword into maya....detached the bones , made sure my sword was teh same size, attached the bones to mine ( deleted history all that) and export my sword out......in udk my sword is still ginormous

no clue what to do here...ive got everything rigged and set in game, didnt have the same issue with helmet
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Any idea what's going on here? Emblems are off but still showing...

EyNne4y.jpg

EDIT: yeah, solution was to have the right side checked and left side unchecked.
  • Shadowplay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    check the emblems on the left
  • Shadowplay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No one seems to have a clue whats going on, no matter how i resize the sword in maya it becomes giant in udk, im going to have to submit a giant sword, better then a months work down the drain.
  • jackalope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadowplay wrote: »
    No one seems to have a clue whats going on, no matter how i resize the sword in maya it becomes giant in udk, im going to have to submit a giant sword, better then a months work down the drain.

I think some of the example FBXs have the scale go weird when you import them into maya. But in max they are alright. If you have access to max I would re-export it from there maybe?
    otherwise try scaling it by 2.54 which is the cm to inches conversion. I think some of them were having that problem.

EDIT: sorry i glazed over that you already tried scaling it. Try the max thing if you can.
    Also have you tried bringing it into a new file and recreating the bones from scratch to see if that works?
  • Shadowplay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the reply, tried both, no avail. No access to max here. I even eye balled it and scaled it down in maya then reimported it....the udk word remains just as large and doesnt even change after scaling. I have my submission setup all ready to go just trying to figure this out first.
  • bounchfx
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    Hey, I had my set uploaded, but I have no idea how to tag it as "polycount contest"...

And currently it's hidden.
  • The Bad Rabbit
    Guys i was able to upload my set to tagged "polycount contest" but i couldn't post to final submissions before it was closed. Does it count?

A: Unfortunately since you did not make a post in the final submissions thread as per the contest rules, you are not eligible for the contest.

You can still receive upvotes on your workshop submission. After integrating the contest winners, we may decide to add more items to the game based on what our community seems to gravitate towards.
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    the SDK Frontend keeps saying "Waiting for Steam task to finish..."

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/648811126434732443/?appid=219640

would really like help. I spent an entire month working on this, and other unfinished projects. It was uploaded at 6 Oct @ 11:13am, but somehow the file size is 0.

• The Bad Rabbit
    Did you go through the payment informations on steam?
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    Yeah, payment tax, all of it was done before the deadline. It's just that SDK Frontend seems to be stuck. I wonder if I can upload the zip elsewhere?
  • The Bad Rabbit
    Idk what to say but i doubt we'll be able to upload in a different way. I wasted hours cause chiv got stuck (and still hangs) with a random update.
  • Noth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 14
    Anyone get a hang at the EXIT Interview button for the tax interview?

Did it close nicely for anyone else?

Edit - There was a window behind it, man that was a pain!
  • THIRD_D4Y
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys i was able to upload my set to tagged "polycount contest" but i couldn't post to final submissions before it was closed. Does it count?

I am also wondering the same thing. I didn't realize that the steam workshop required bank and tax info and by the time i figured it out the final submissions thread closed.
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    yeah, that 'exit interview' button really ruffled my helmet plume for a bit there. There's a separate window that opens behind the exit interview window, and you have to press ok first.
  • N4meless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    N4meless greentooth
    I'am so angry at me ... I read 00:00 PM not Am , my submission is ready (the upk, not the preview, it was my today objective) but i'm late.

I will submit it but not for the polycount contest next time i will make a double check on the date.
  • Imperium101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How can I change the preview image on my workshop page ?
  • ambitious_nomad
    N4meless wrote: »
    I'am so angry at me ... I read 00:00 PM not Am , my submission is ready (the upk, not the preview, it was my today objective) but i'm late.

I will submit it but not for the polycount contest next time i will make a double check on the date.

If it makes you feel better your not the only one who made the exact same mistake :)
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Is there any way to update the workshop thumbnail? Really not a fan of what I uploaded and was hoping there's a quick way like in Dota to just replace it without messing with the actual submission upload.

Also, @N4meless, that sucks man :(. You know, I coulda swore the original competition page said the 7th. I know of a couple other people including myself that believed it was the case as well, until we found out yesterday that WHOOPS it was the beginning of the 6th :(
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Same here :) I looked at it just few days ago and when I saw monday that was enough for me not to look at the time :) Then I read your comment in your thread hahaha :) I would also change few things if there was a way but I doubt it .

I am also going to repeat my question from the previous page here as it is important and I would like to get it resolved, sorry for the spam:
    At the time of the submission I did not have Pior ( who's concept I was using) on my friends list on steam and I could not add him for the revenue sharing. Is there anything we can do to just fix that?
    Thanks in advance guys.
  • N4meless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    N4meless greentooth
    If it makes you feel better your not the only one who made the exact same mistake :)

That doesn't makes me better but if feel less lonely :) And sorry for you :(

I uploaded it to the workshop with the polycount contest checked I'm not eligible for the contest but maybe i can pass the player choice ;)

But it's a great lesson, always check the date and be sure you read it well (don't forget to ask if you have a doubt)
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    I feel really bad for you guys :( I almost suffered the same fate. I'm sure players would want as many helmet options as possible though, so definitely go through with uploading it to the workshop.

The ending to this contest feels kind of anti-climatic, I was expecting some sort of World of Warcraft guild party, or something. Where's the dwarven ale?
  • ambitious_nomad
    zetheros wrote: »
    I feel really bad for you guys :( I almost suffered the same fate. I'm sure players would want as many helmet options as possible though, so definitely go through with uploading it to the workshop.

The ending to this contest feels kind of anti-climatic, I was expecting some sort of World of Warcraft guild party, or something. Where's the dwarven ale?

Don't feel to bad we don't get a chance to compete now but there is still the chance of them getting in later on. I am definitely up for some mead or ale or both. Wish more competitions/challenges like this would come along.
  • Imperium101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Too true, but does anyone know how to change preview (main) images on workshop ?
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would also love to find out if at some point they will be accepting more items as I would love to make more :)

A: Given the both the quality and quantity of awesome items produced from this contest, it is fair to say that we will most likely be accepting more items into the game in the future. We also encourage participants who may have missed the deadline to finish their entries and upload them to the workshop anyway for future consideration
  • Imperium101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PLS HELP :

"How did you change your preview image on steam ?

with the upload tool from the chivalry sdk. there should be your already uploaded entry with some number in brackets. Just select that leave everyting as it is and choose athe updated preview image.

It gives me this : Error uploading file. Make sure you got a valid connection to Steam, and that's when I browse again to find my zip file.
    If I do as you say, without touching anything except choosing the thing with a number in brackets, well it tells me to input a valid directory in UDKGame/CookedPC..."
  • NBLM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NBLM polycounter lvl 13
    Q: Will there be a greentooth emblem for all contest participants, like in the the tf2 contest?

A: We're working on something ;)
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    PLS HELP :

"How did you change your preview image on steam ?

with the upload tool from the chivalry sdk. there should be your already uploaded entry with some number in brackets. Just select that leave everyting as it is and choose athe updated preview image.

It gives me this : Error uploading file. Make sure you got a valid connection to Steam, and that's when I browse again to find my zip file.
    If I do as you say, without touching anything except choosing the thing with a number in brackets, well it tells me to input a valid directory in UDKGame/CookedPC..."

Wanted to do this too, but there wasn't a 'browse file' area to update with. I guess it's not too big of a deal though, at least it's in the workshop.
  • Imperium101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, but I have a better image waiting to be uploaded :)
  • Imperium101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess no one knows the fix.
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh damn :) thank you for getting back to us. I am going to make some more items then :) I am super excited again :)
  • ambitious_nomad
    disanski wrote: »
    Oh damn :) thank you for getting back to us. I am going to make some more items then :) I am super excited again :)

I had a ton of ideas just didn't have time to execute them. This is exciting!
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    In the competition description,it was "strongly encouraged" to make a set,if you modeled either just a helmet or just a weapon,will it hurt your chances in this competition?