Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Teutonian Tinkermeister Gregory - A Stout, Wrench-wielding Engineer

high dynamic range
Offline / Send Message
Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
PROJECT THREAD

Hey Polycount!

Going to be modeling the Teutonian Tinkermeister Gregory, a Knight of Teutonia skilled with Wrench and military tactics. This is all tied up with a game I'm working on at USC called The Maestros, a UDK RTS game, so most of the construction of this unit is framed in that "Does this work for an RTS" mindset. Requesting critiques, if you have any.

Objective: Model and Texture a current-gen RTS Commander unit for the game "The Maestros"

Planned Workflow
Concept > High Poly Sculpt (Maya, ZBrush) > Retopologize > UV (ZBrush UVMaster, dDo, nDo2, Maya) > Texture

Specific Rules I need to hit:
  • Work with the team while working on this to find a specific art direction we should be going with out game.
  • Learn better high-poly modeling techniques. Hard surface high poly mdoeling and Sub D modeling still eludes me. People say to use 3DSmax over my more familiar Maya, but it's really hard to find a good Maya tutorial series on completing a fairly complex hard surface model. Kinda tempted to actually give 3Dmotive money at this point. There's a LOT of free tuts on 3DSmax high poly modeling, though. Perhaps I should just take the time to learn the software.
  • Learn how to texture skin, cloth, and leather better.
  • Work towards a "Cartoon Network" vibe with the shapes and forms made.

LATEST UPDATE:
Final renders in Marmoset:

oLmqShQ.png

yq8Iv0P.png

juzzsin.png

IQRnV6N.png

sEJYy7G.png

6VsAzWj.jpg

Replies