polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Megacorpse polycounter lvl 8
LATEST UPDATE :

tumblr_nn32c7aItm1tg9k99o1_r2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmzy0nQCBs1tg9k99o1_r4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmzy00vJBP1tg9k99o1_r2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nnmskp58QH1tg9k99o1_r1_1280.jpg

Hello guys, this thread will be dedicated to my next personal project, a japanese suburb street from the WataMote! anime. I really dug the simplified art style of the backgrounds and the general mood and decided it was time I tried myself at an outdoors scene. This will also be my first take on foliage which I expect to be a challenge.

I intend to show the street on different times/weathers (at least noon, dusk and rain) based on scenes from the anime. Here are some of the many reference screenshots I took :

psWvS51.jpg

8KpDX3u.jpg

ND83tmx.jpg

npO5HTd.jpg

Now I've been on this for two days and so far I've modeled most of the main character's house (since it has the most scale/prop references).

bmktdpk.jpg

LW7WVVI.jpg

Based on what I've done I now have a good idea of the assets I will need and the space I'm going to allocate to the rest of the houses (I'm aiming for a lot of modularity obviously).
Next step I'm going to build a rough blockout of the rest of the scene and start detailing from there.

I'll keep posting any significant progression regularly as I just graduated from internship and have a lot of free time right now. Thanks for passing by and giving some advice!

Replies