Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Flower Girl Meets Tree Ent Scene.

Replies

• Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Looks really nice, i do agree with you making this a night or a dawn scene would make it look even better !
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Looking like a great improvement!

now for the faeries/glowflies - keep the amount of them currently the same, but spread them a little more evenly throughout the entire scene. you want them kinda dotted all over so that you get some interesting depth contrast.

also, finding a way to randomize their colours a little might be cool, some greens/purples would compliment the scene well.
  • DiHydro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DiHydro polycounter lvl 6
    Ok, summer is here and I should have a lot more time to finish this project up and start a new one. Time to start churning.

Gir, added variation in colors and spread out some glow flies. I think this would look much better as a particle effect. I might consider moving this project to Unreal Engine in the future.

Odow, Thanks. I like your hand painted projects as well.

TreeSpiritScene_WIP_13.jpg

TreeSpiritScene_WIP_14.jpg

Finished low poly of the girl and baked all of my maps, now time to work on the texturing. Maybe a new dress design, current one looks boring.

FlowerGirl_WIP_10.jpg

Thanks for the critique/comments.
  • Kaine123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kaine123 polycounter lvl 10
    I think the whole scene would be a lot better off as a floating island.
  • xxroxx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xxroxx polycounter lvl 3
    Honestly, only thing I'd change right now is lighting. It's way too bright for nighttime - it detracts from the epicness of the 'magic ent'. Other than that, superb work!
  • skodone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skodone polycounter lvl 2
    i would just tone down the blue a little to make as xxroxx suggested the tree pop out more and give the scene a really nice "blue hour" vibrnat colors feel cus this is actually quite close to a blue hour feel for me right now which i think looks awesome!
  • DiHydro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DiHydro polycounter lvl 6
    Kaine123, at first I was thinking about doing that, but decided not to because I wanted to try texturing water. I liked having an excuse to throw blue into the scene.

xxroxx, I changed the lighting to focus on the tree ent more.

skodone, Toned down the blues quite a bit. I was aiming for the blue hour feel, but it did feel a little too much blue.

Thanks for the crit everyone, I appreciate every input.

I think this is getting close to the end, unless I get more suggestions. I still have to rig the girl and add her into the scene and I haven't rigged in awhile, so I'll have to refresh my memory.

Marmoset wasn't meant for this many single meshes into one scene(as far as I know) so its starting to chug. I probably could downsize my textures though.

Hung_Tu_TreeSpirit_Composition_01.jpg

Hung_Tu_FlowerGirl_TurnAround_01.jpg
  • skodone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skodone polycounter lvl 2
    ok this looks great now :D
    jsut maybe more grass to break the silhouette line of the hill a bit more?
    or tile up the grasstexture it seems a bit much grass compared to the sigle big grassclumps
  • amirabd2130
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    amirabd2130 polycounter lvl 7
    love the character.she's cute.
    love the tree. it would look great with some vegetation.

looking forward to this
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    loving that scene, little girls super cute. Very nice!
  • xxroxx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xxroxx polycounter lvl 3
    Now you've hit it! Looking great! Only weir thing is that light right in front of the tree. Where does it come from? His eyes? If so, it should be a blue light, no?
  • xChris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xChris polycounter lvl 10
    Would be nice if you had some stars in the background, kind of like this video @ 3:10 https://vimeo.com/76418903 fitted to the horizon of your scene, looking good!