Anatomy WIP. Portfolio Character

doomprodigy
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
doomprodigy polycounter lvl 5
LATEST:
MeoWzAQ.png
ORIGINAL:

I'm in my final year of study so it's time to make some more portfolio oriented stuff that's different from my study work. I'm working on a male character will probably be some sort of knight/warrior guy, though I haven't really been thinking about his concept just working on my anatomy in general before moving ahead with him.

tggHi0Z.png
7OREzHj.png

Replies

• pmiller001
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    Neato!
    If i had to say, his pelvic area looks a little weird to me though. his shoulders also seem pretty big.
    Better anatomy than i could do though. I like it alawt.
  • doomprodigy
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 wrote: »
    Neato!
    If i had to say, his pelvic area looks a little weird to me though. his shoulders also seem pretty big.
    Better anatomy than i could do though. I like it alawt.

I haven't payed much attention to the pelvic area. Ill address that and the shoulders tomorrow, cheers!

Spent a little bit of time on the face tonight. Really struggling with it. Something is off about it and I can't work it out, probably something to do with the brow & eyes, it's my first male sculpt solo in zbrush. Any points, paint overs etc are welcome!

Haven't worked on the ears much yet either. Gotta fix the problems first hah.

hbntMHY.png
  • CharacterCarl
    Offline / Send Message
    CharacterCarl greentooth
    Hey, good work on the body so far!
    As for the face: Would be cool if you could post a shot with perspective turned on. Doesn't need a big FOV, but the facial features are just bound to look too small in isometric view (although, his eyes look especially small to me).
    From what I think you should probably work on the orbital rims, give him a bit more of a brow ridge (forehead looks too smooth) and/or push in the eyes some more. Infapalpebral furrow seems a bit too faint for my taste, too.
    Blocking out some basic eyebrows could also help. Again, other views (profile) would be cool to see as well.
    Keep up the good work!
  • pmiller001
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    his eyes seem too far apart! :O
  • doomprodigy
    Offline / Send Message
    Little bit more progress, reworked the eyes and the cheecks a little. and started making it a little less symmetrical
    Hey, good work on the body so far!
    As for the face: Would be cool if you could post a shot with perspective turned on. Doesn't need a big FOV, but the facial features are just bound to look too small in isometric view (although, his eyes look especially small to me).
    From what I think you should probably work on the orbital rims, give him a bit more of a brow ridge (forehead looks too smooth) and/or push in the eyes some more. Infapalpebral furrow seems a bit too faint for my taste, too.
    Blocking out some basic eyebrows could also help. Again, other views (profile) would be cool to see as well.
    Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the crit, the second image below has a FOV of 50 for ya. I did some work on the brows and eyes, seems to be getting better. Ill get onto some eyebrow blocking next time I post.
    pmiller001 wrote: »
    his eyes seem too far apart! :O
    How about now? Eyes are far apart, though its possible. I have wide set eyes myself. Probably about the same distance using the characters right eye as a guide. though thinner nosed I am.

CbuRgAp.png
    xs9pM1z.png

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

EDIT: Managed to sneak in a little body work,
    O7JaQXD.png
  • doomprodigy
    Offline / Send Message
    Little bit more progress. Started the armor, sort of winging it. Bit more face work too, whatcha all think?

MeoWzAQ.png
  • TheodorUrhed
    Offline / Send Message
    TheodorUrhed polycounter lvl 4
    You need to widen the mouth and tightening up the eyelids would go a long way!