Home Contests & Challenges Archives

GOLF - From Marin to Moscone

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Vailias polycounter lvl 18
Doing a San Francisco themed hole, because I really do love this city. (And a little playing to your audience never hurts. ;) )

Getting the blockout and collision mesh done first. I figure the hole has to be fun to play as much as it has to look good.
So far the curving slope down from the start is too chunky and the course is honestly just too big. Going to scale things down a bit, to speed up the game, even in the longest way.

Plan in my head is to have a number of fun secrets to work with. At the very least I'm wanting to have a cablecar transport the ball right near the hole if the player hits it right. Possibly going to make the palace of fine arts (the dome thing with the crescent in the background) into a secret teleport hole to pop the ball out of the top of Coit tower. :)
And also thought it would be fun to have the ballpark "hit a home run" with the ball into Moscone where the hole is. We'll see how playable those others are, and I may just revise it into one or two fun elements, or multiple holes perhaps.

Vailias_SFGolfBlockout.png

In engine, lighting issues solved (not refined as this is basically a throwaway mesh).
:)

Replies