Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Avatar: The Last Airbender WoW Mod!

Greetings, friends. I have recently begun working on a World of Warcraft emulation server based around the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, which a great deal of people have grew up with, while they were younger- and many still have great love for the series. I have taken a poll on certain forums (none Avatar related), and it shows a vast popularity of the idea.

9c0eef9e4be233daa93ef05dc5425fe1.png

(surveymonkey)

Now, the reason I am writing, is that a 3D model artist is vital to the completion of the game. We will be including a custom map that depicts the map from the original series very accurately. If anyone is interested in the progression of this project, which scale has never been attempted before in the emulation scene, then please private message me.

Hope to hear soon!

Replies

• Dethling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dethling polycounter lvl 11
    You know that running a private WoW server is forbidden? (and that several Blizzard Guys are in this forum)
  • Masaru
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That is actually very untrue. Please avoid congesting this topic with your misinformation.
  • copyright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    copyright polycounter lvl 7
    Neat mod, my friend Saif is working on this :D
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Masaru wrote: »
    That is actually very untrue. Please avoid congesting this topic with your misinformation.

Running an emulated or 'private' World of Warcraft server is 'forbidden'. Please avoid congesting your own topic with misinformation.

According to the World of Warcraft EULA it is forbidden to:
    F. host, provide or develop matchmaking services for the Game or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard in any way, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized play over the internet, network play, or as part of content aggregation networks;

G. facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Game or the Service, including without limitation (a) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Service; and (b) any connection using programs or tools not expressly approved by Blizzard

Ignoring the EULA, it is also illegal to operate such a server as it is a violation of intellectual property law. Blizzard has successfully taken legal action against such servers and similar property in the past, sometimes to the tune of tens of millions of dollars.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-wins-885-million-world-of-warcraft-lawsuit/1100-6273581/

Ignoring that, it is also a violation of intellectual property law to appropriate the Avatar IP for your own use too.

Please avoid congesting this message board with your illegal activities.