Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Bright Future

A small collection of artworks new, and old. Part of a largeer setting I'm developing with some assistance from several other people, with the intention of making animations, (graphic) novels, and maybe a game or two.

I've got a much larger collection of art, 3d and 2d, than what I have posted here. I figured I'd see if there is any interest in this project before spamming more.

iEGxU6i.jpgIvddGED.pngdkprDQk.pngOm1SQBq.png4EoIqcj.png5jBeO5C.pngM7q21S9.png?1

Replies

• blue_skies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blue_skies polycounter lvl 4
    Oh oh! Rainbow scifi! Love it! Post more for sure. :)
  • daemoria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for expressing interest, here is the process I use for some of my images.

Start with rough concept.
    pDHMhU6.png

Model design, using Cinema4d.
    XcX6RFi.png

Tracing!
    HO7eED6.png

Use wireframe when needed.
    rnZlRC0.png

Details!
    qhNoV73.png

More Details!
    fF05vUy.png

Rendering!
    kDPdX2o.png

And the final image.
    YZwuzij.jpg
    ---

Bonus image

H7zdLol.png
  • Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    Oh man, the ships and insignias are awesome! Reminds me of Android Arts.
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    looks nice, the background of the latest image feels kinda washed out however

there is a sketch and toon shader for cinema 4d that does kinda similar lines / tracework, maybe have a look at that, could save a lot of work if its usable
  • daemoria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea, I admit the background is a bit washed out. I was experimenting with a somewhat subdued depiction of FTL travel... probably not the best example of it, but there is always next time.
    Such as now, for instance. I upped the saturation, and added some more effects.
    Idsl0uo.png

Also messing with a little bit of texture modding of the most basic sort.
    PerXNAd.jpg
  • Protar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love the kind of stuff you show here! Just maybe one thing. I would guess that the icons/insignias could be really hard to read when they get down scaled. Caused by the lots of cool detail going on in there :)

And for the concepts I would maybe go for a more neutral background to make your cool stuff pop out more. And I kinda dislike the hard thick black outlines and handwritings. Gives it a bit too much of comic-like look and there for looks more playful than professional. But anyway, that is just my opinion.

I like your stuff anyway! Especially the icon for the Purity insignia! Keep it up and show some more :)
  • daemoria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not sure how you equate the thick lines to being more playful than professional Protar... since I consider 'professional' all about the presentation. If anything, I was bored with the typical depiction of sci-fi as drab boring grey bricks sliding across space, filled with identical spessmarines...so I created this set of images to attempt to counter all that.

Yes, I know I'm not as competent of a character concept artist as most of you all on these forums, but we all have to start somewhere.

7Z2zCk3.png
    hzhHwA5.png

=-=-=-=
    And continuing my little story sequence, with the narration cut out, we finally see things go boom.
    5A67RGQ.png
    IpAVAu9.png
  • gerbilho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gerbilho polycounter lvl 2
    These are really nice concepts and models. I love the colorful atmosphere.
  • Medski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Medski polycounter lvl 3
    Great work! Loving your futuristic/paneling design. Don't overdo the black tho, just a word of advice.

Keep it up!:)
  • blue_skies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blue_skies polycounter lvl 4
    Still loving this. It's so out of the ordinary. <3
  • pongstah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pongstah polycounter lvl 12
    Impressive work! You've manage to make The ship silhouettes unique and varied. The mechanical lobster is my favorite.