Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

2015 Blizzard Art Contest Environment entry

jaino
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
jaino polycounter lvl 4
af94b5_d8edeaa905dc4440a7c9d8c558adca7a.jpg_srz_p_979_643_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Recently I finished this work for contest. It's old gen style work so I didn't use normal map and spec. But, I use some of render passes from mental ray in Maya. And then, I worked post production in Photoshop.

Thank you

Replies

• Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    It look very nice!

However i'm not sure about the skull on the front row like this.IMO It take too much place, first plan stuff are nice when used in small quantities. Also those pine tree doesn't read well. they look really " i do them in 5min because i had a hole in my composition" I think their silouette could be way better looking, and they don't necessary need so much detail on their texture.

But those are just small details that would make it look even better ^-^
  • Rav3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rav3 interpolator
    Take away skull, let the viewer see the tower :) Skull with square eye socket, that doesn't work at all, you could spend more time on tower windows and this craters on moon look very symmetrical, anyway nice work. But don't forget to take skull away! :D
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    I think you should take that skull out. Its taking way too much attention from everything else. Not to mention it doesnt look as good as everything else.
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    I dont know what this building is for, but I like it. Also are those floating bombs on the side?
  • TomGT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomGT polycounter
    Great work!

As everyone else has mentioned, the skull definitely needs to go away. It's not as polished as your other objects and doesn't do the tower justice when its taking a huge chunk of your shot.

As for the tower itself, I'm a bit bothered with the round pipes/windows on the top floor. Those don't look like the sort of shapes you'd find on a Horde building I think. Needs to be edgier/damaged and rough.