Home Technical Talk

What do you guys think about Maya LT?

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
rorozilla polycounter lvl 6
Hey you guys! I'm trying out Maya LT 2015 and I was wondering what you all thought of it? Is it worth the small price point and are there core features missing? I noticed the animation layers are gone, is that a bummer for you guys?

Also, I am desperatly looking for the Expression's editor. On the web it said I should find it in Window/animation editors/ expression editor. But obviously Maya LT has removed some of the Full version's features. Is the expression editor one of them? the docs I'm looking at look pretty official...

Thanks a bunch~! Let the debatage begin!

Replies

• rorozilla
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm... I notice its not very friendly to riggers! The Hypershade had been gutted, connection editor Is not there and i cant find the expression editor!

Comments? I would love to be wrong!
  • monster
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    As a tech artist the more I used Maya LT the more I sad faced.
  • rorozilla
    Offline / Send Message
    Seriously! I Totaly feel you Monster... I'm smack in the middle of rigging and its sadder and sadder as I go! I can see maya LT being super usfull for a modeler, but that's about it. Maybe animation, but the fact that they took out the anime layers really bums me out, it makes re-targeting baked animation pretty much impossible, but then again, I haven't done much it, so maybe there are work arounds you guys can talk to me about!
  • shaderfx
    Offline / Send Message
    shaderfx polycounter lvl 9
    rorozilla wrote: »
    it makes re-targeting baked animation pretty much impossible

I think it is safe to say that LT was not really designed to be used for re-targeting of animation unless you use Human-IK.

Modelling and animation for Indie/Small game devs is what it is currently targeting.