Home General Discussion

GDC 2013 Polycount Meetup

Replies

• SetupWong
    I was there this year! Glad to have joined up!
  • EarthQuake
    Barbarian wrote: »
    Emil's camera had more options than Maya! One of the programmers from the Marmoset team saved the day so we could get that great group shot.

Hey, who do you think you are? I am certainly no programmer.
    Marmoset 2 is lookin cool by the way.

Glad you think so! We're really excited about Toolbag 2, hopefully we can start posting a little more information about it publicly soon.
  • Barbarian
    Offline / Send Message
    Barbarian polycounter lvl 12
    Earthquake:

I thought you coded the shader and material stuff (or did I get you guys mixed up)? Definitely need nametags next year. It was great that you guys could show up and demo M2.
  • EarthQuake
    Barbarian wrote: »
    Earthquake:

I thought you coded the shader and material stuff (or did I get you guys mixed up)? Definitely need nametags next year. It was great that you guys could show up and demo M2.

Nope, I'm an artist, though I may have been demoing the app when you saw it. In the Toolbag 2 demo you saw I did the Vespa model and set up the materials, however, Jeff Russell (programmer, jeffdr on PC) has done pretty much all of the work on Toolbag 2 so far.

Andres Reinot (monkeyscience on PC) is the programmer responsible for all of the Skyshop stuff in unity (if you saw that as well).

I agree though, we should totally have name tags next year. If I go again I can probably arrange for some official polycount nametags or something.
  • Perlinfalcon
    Offline / Send Message
    Perlinfalcon polycounter lvl 5
    Just got home with a huge wad of business cards to sort through. I have a lot of portfolio sites to visit and maybe some LinkedIn connections to make. It was nice to meet a bunch of you!
  • North
    Offline / Send Message
    North polycounter lvl 7
    Good times were had by all
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    Suuuuper late to the party, but YES! Awesome to meet you all. Hope to do it again next year.