Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Neon Strike Vi

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Lazar polycounter lvl 3
wooo hoooooooo!!!!

I finally made it....I have to admit this was extremely difficult towards the end (oh man and handpainting!! I've never handpainted in my life..so this was...hard..to say the least.), and wasn't able to push it as far as I had hoped, especially with all the awesome paintovers! This is pretty much the first game model I've ever made correctly and seen it through to the finish, so it's been a bit tough.
I'm also AWFUL at graphic design, haha! aaaaaaaand learning what pose works and what doesn't for lowpoly models! This contest really put me through the ringer, and I'm so thankful. I've learned a lot about myself as a person and an artist. I understand my weaknesses and am so excited to push myself further in the future.

I've also met many awesome artists through this contest! Which is awesome! :) All you guys are so inspirational.

A special thank you to Hai Phan, Hellstern, DmitryGrebenkov, Michy, and polymator for your awesome paintovers!! Thank you everyone for your support and wonderful critiques.

Most of all..a very special thank you to Troy (hazardous) for putting up with all my questions, teaching me how to bake maps even better than before, sitting down with me and teaching me some tricks of the trade, lifting me up when I was down, and cooking all the meals the last week. I wouldn't have made it this far without you. Thank you, and I love you :) I hope with many more characters in the future I will be able to put your knowledge and teachings to good use! I wont let you down ;__;

LETS ALL GET SOME SLEEP NOW! <3<3

layna-lazar-beautylow.jpg?1419044441

layna-lazar-turnaround.jpg?1419044461

layna-lazar-constructionshot.jpg?1419044455

layna-lazar-beautyhigh.jpg?1419044624

layna-lazar-compositeshot.jpg?1419044450

layna-lazar-1.jpg?1419044592

layna-lazar-2.jpg?1419044595

layna-lazar-3.jpg?1419044775

Hey guys!!

Super stoked for this contest!

I'll be doing Paul Kwon's Neon Strike Vi, possibly putting my own spin on it :)! Good luck everyone!

neon_strike_vi_concept_art_by_zeronis-d5qph4u.jpg

Replies