Home General Discussion

Bayonetta

Replies

• Ispheria
    Offline / Send Message
    Ispheria polycounter lvl 3
    Lamont wrote: »
    Sucks it will only be on the WiiU. So I guess this is the game that will make me want to buy a WiiU finally as it will never be on the PS4 since Nintendo fronted the money so Platinum can stay afloat and finish it.

We're lucky that the game exist at all. They wouldn't have gotten funding for the game if Nintendo didn't give them money to make it. So imo, they have every right to make it a Wii-U exclusive
  • Lamont
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Ispheria wrote: »
    We're lucky that the game exist at all. They wouldn't have gotten funding for the game if Nintendo didn't give them money to make it. So imo, they have every right to make it a Wii-U exclusive
    Yes. The reason it is exclusive doesn`t escape me, just sucks to have to find a used Wii-U to play it.
  • Anchang-Style
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    Good for WiiU that they finally have a kick ass game. Looks amazing and like a lot of fun. Still won't get a Wii-U, still great.
  • Lamont
    Offline / Send Message
    I am thinking to just go half on the game with a co-worker and use the office WiiU. I know the kids would love to have a WiiU though...
  • JacqueChoi
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Get a WiiU dude,

It's has the best 'original' game library of all the current consoles.
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    wiiU is totally worth it. :) so many great games.
  • NegevPro
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    As soon as SMT x FE gets a release date, I'll be buying a WiiU as fast as I can get to the store. The WiiU library looks like it will be the most memorable though, so many unique looking games, especially compared to everything that has been announced for both the PS4 and XB1.
  • ErichWK
  • Lamont
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi wrote: »
    Get a WiiU dude,

It's has the best 'original' game library of all the current consoles.
    Felt burned by the Wii. Had a few great games, but I hate waiting for something to come around. I wish the rate of good games is the same as the 3DS.
  • Two Listen
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Lamont wrote: »
    Felt burned by the Wii. Had a few great games, but I hate waiting for something to come around. I wish the rate of good games is the same as the 3DS.

I also felt burned by the Wii. Last generation I felt like Nintendo really dropped the ball, I was pissed.

I took a gamble last year and bought a Wii U when I had some money available for Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, and I'm super glad I picked one up.
  • ErichWK
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Seriously the best game I've played all year. A new standard in action games.
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Agreed. This game is fucking incredible. There were many moments of Bayonetta 1 where i was pretty much slack jawed by the visual spectacle of it all, and Bayonetta 2 tops all of that within the first 5 chapers. Fucking awesome.

Controls feel great, game looks fantastic. Need to get a controller tho, playing on the touchpad isn't bad, but need the smaller controller for this.

AND IT HAS AN ONLINE COOP MODE! WHAT THE FUUUUUUU
  • Lamont
    Offline / Send Message
    I will hunt for a used WiiU. I know it is awesome.
  • Rayph
    Offline / Send Message
    Rayph polycounter lvl 13
    I made it to about chapter 6 or 7 and yea this game already has to be one of the best action games ever made hands down. The sheer amount of crazy shit you do in any one level is mind boggling.

If any one game could ever be labeled a system seller this would be one of them (although sadly I know it wont be for nintendo...)
  • soulstice
    Offline / Send Message
    soulstice polycounter lvl 9
    Its a shame this game was not released on Xbox/PS4. It deserves alot more recognition than its getting.
  • ErichWK
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Word on the street is it's sold out in a lot of stores. Or people are having a tough time finding it. Probably because no stores ordered any copies.. but still!
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Finished Climax 2, over halfway through climax 3. Loved the hell out of it, and thought the story was pretty smart :) Do have some complaints tho.

Little disappointed that the enemy spawns are the same between 2 and 3. I also really miss the rocket launchers, the depth of the weapons seems lacking, there are 2 swords, 3 pistols, but no shotguns or heavier ranged type things. Have collected all the LPs so far, hopefully there are more to find.
    The sequence to the final boss felt extremely underwhelming compared to the first game. Admittedly, its hard to top riding a motorcycle up debris to get to a rocket thats going into space only to fight some giant space chick.... but for as epic as the game started out, it didn't feel like it ended strong.

The Tag Climax co-op mode is great! Fought the new Rodin tonight, got very close and failed :(

Loaded up Bayonetta 1 tonight too, i totally forgot about some of the moves they removed in 2! ahh. 2 feels a little more responsive, but the pacing of combat is significantly faster overall. Going to play through it a few times and unlock some stuff, see if it crosses over into 2. The Nintendo themed costumes are the same, but that could have just come on the disc.
  • JacqueChoi
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Ugh.

Game is sold out.

;/

PLaces under-ordered cuz of bad WiiU sales.
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Not sold out in the Nintendo store :)
  • JacqueChoi
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Good call. im gonna do that when I get home.

XD
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    yodude87 polycounter lvl 5
    ErichWK wrote: »
    hCA2E2C79

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
  • Lamont
    Offline / Send Message
    This months CG World has 6 pages on how they do characters, effects and environments for Bayonetta 2.