Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first commercial

So Im currently doing my internship as a 3D artist in Stockholm, Sweden, and we recently wrapped up a 10 day job for a 45 second commercial that is currently being shown on swedish television.

390994_1272482134_large.jpg
The material was shot in Africa and me and a colleague were responsible for putting all the 3D inside it.
"AMF" is a swedish pension company and they wanted to introduce the future to people and show them what's to look forward to.

390994_1272485471_large.jpg
We did all the 3D in Maya 2010 along with Shave and Haircut for the hair sequences.
Postproduction was done in Nuke and Autodesk Smoke. This was one of the most time consuming projects I've ever worked on, and we were going at it almost 20 hours per day for a time there.
For a rookie as myself I've really come to understand what my future is going to look like in terms of stress and sleeplessness But as long as it's fun, it's always doable.

Enough talk, here's some pictures and a link to the commercial at the bottom!

390994_1272482251_large.jpg
The Hairdresser machine from the movie - beautypass

390994_1272482271_large.jpg
Occlusion

390994_1272482449_large.jpg
Wireframe

390994_1272482194_large.jpg
The Teleporter - beautypass

390994_1272482490_large.jpg
The Dogwalker - beautypass

My responsibilities in this commercial were:

The Bar: Shaders, rendering and lighting of glasses and water.
The Teleporter: Everything related to 3D. Smoke done in post.
The Hairdresser: Everything related to 3D except for rigging.
The Dogwalker: Shaders/texturing, lighting, rendering, parts of camera tracking and animation.
The Flyjumpers: Shaders, lighting, animation and rendering.

There will be a few other versions of this commercial with additional footage out in a couple of weeks and I will then update the post.

• The commercial can be seen on here

This is my first gig where I got to show a broad mass of people what I can do, finally, and Im pretty happy with how things turned out considering the short deadline and the fact that only me and another intern did all of the 3D.

Any comments regarding the result would be appreciated.
Hope you liked what you saw. :lock:

Regards

Daniel Cambrand
www.cambranddesigns.com