Home Unreal Engine

Matinee movie partly showing meshes

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Felixb polycounter lvl 8
Hi guys,

We are currently working on a cinematic short movie. But when I render out a shot using matinee movie, the vehicle is showing up out of the blue and shortly after the character appears in the shot, while they should both start at the beginning of the shot.

Any idea why this is happening? Inside the editor it looks all good.

Screen: http://i.imgur.com/9vu2gHa.jpg

Replies

• Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    What's your gametype for the level?

That seems to affect spawn location of items, particularly cameras and players.
  • Unearthlywhales
    We are not using UE4 as a game engine but as a render engine. So the animations of the hoverbike, character, and camera are simply animation files(FBX) triggered by matinee. There are no players involved in the process. Maybe it has an effect on the animations though.

... few minutes pass...

GameMode is set to None. So I don't think that can cause a problem there. We are using version 4.5.1
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just had a thought.
    Since the humanoid is suddenly appearing in frame later in the sequence, I wonder if its an animation interpolation issue. Like its root position is being interpolated from world 000 to wherever it is and that interpolation curve is throwing off the positioning you have set up.

I'm uncertain.

Alternatively, perhaps add in a 90 frame fade in period before the bike gets on screen to allow the scene to "warm up" ?
  • Unearthlywhales
    The warm up might work. I'll give it a try. Anything I can do about the interpolation curve?
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not fully sure on the interpolation bit.
    If it IS just an animation, then check the animation browser/editor in unreal. There should be some kind of setting for "interpolate looping" or some such.. I forget what its called but it blends your start and end frame, which is what you want for cycles, and absolutely do not want for straight ahead sequences.

Also you could set up some test scene where the character and bike start at the origin, then play that same matinee anim, but link your matinee camera to the player, then see how they behave. This could give some indication of what is or is not the issue.

These kinds of glitch ought to be showing in the editor, but they're worth a look.

(pardon the inaccuracies and vagueness. I'm writing this without access to UE4 right now)