Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Underwater-Dead Space-Update

So I changed my style sheet that is more concise and revolves more into doing the underwater tunnel. There's a breakdown of how I will set the scene up. Last but not least, working on water and caustic materials/decals

1- Since the scene is based on the view of a player, I decided to make an underwater tunnel that leads to a door and as the player goes through the tunnel you can see the Dome and the rest of the underwater city that the player is arriving to.

2-The door is attached to the terrain that would connect to the city, there will be light posts to show lights that will guide the player. The Kellion will help for a sense of scale.

3-So far the water materials in UDK look pretty good as well as the light that projects them. The issue that I have is the decals that do the caustics because it makes everything darker(as seen in the third image) any ideas on how I could make them transparent or at least not have them make a black shade?

If anyone has any underwater scene tutorials or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. The tutorials that I have been looking at don't really have enough information to make an underwater scene.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KxYeSyA_w3M/U1hRcYwYx7I/AAAAAAAABnU/7faedOfpCZg/s1600/AtlantisRef.jpg

UnderwaterScene2.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3639jJsRBz8/U1hR1WNzwTI/AAAAAAAABnc/sa0O1jWCHX0/s1600/Capturewater.JPG

Replies

• RebSharkoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are the modular pieces. The door is missing two holograms. One that says were it leads at the top (Atlantis) and in the center the classic Open one from Dead Space.

-I'm still getting a lot of issues with lighting. The caustics lighting is getting through the covered walls somehow. Still working on the rest of the lighting.

-I made bubble particles but they are monster size. does anyone know in which tab of the particles set up would help me? I keep moving stuff back and forth but I am not getting any results and scaling them down makes them disappear...

-Has anyone using UD4 have figure out how to do the sky dome or something close?

modular2.jpg

modular1.jpg

door1.jpg

screenud4.JPG

screen2ud4.JPG
  • RebSharkoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am working on doing a small scene based on the Dead Space franchise. Although, my environment takes place underwater, where the Unitologists hold the last marker. There are two parts of the scene, one where you can look at the ocean, the dome where the city is,etc.The second part is just the end of the hallway. I'm making it with one trim Sheet and modular pieces.Just thought it would be good to get some feedback. I'm still trying to figure out the UD4.

Screenshot+(16).jpg

Atlantis2.JPG
  • shadacer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shadacer polycounter lvl 6
    Good work. I must confess that I didn't know what was going on in the initial concept, but it looks nice enough so far :)