Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jinx, the loose cannon, Tits WIP

Replies

• Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Jermaineb Thank you! She's really high, she is now at 31k triangles.

ljsketch Thanks man! I sure do love her even more now that the tats are done, she's badass!

Iotet I didn't actuallu change anything to the face and Jaw, It was definitly all lighting related, yay! what color would you have put the belt buckets? I kind of like the gold!

Anyway so I'm finally done with her yeaaaay, was a lot of fun. Will sure try to do her guns (at least one) in the near future but I'm gonna start getting real busy with work soon. I will too try and ask one of my friend if he would rig her, cross your fingers with me guys, I hope he's available :)

Anyway Hope you guys like it, thanks for following the post guys and I can't wait to pose her with her badass gun and pose :)
    1wxh6Pj.jpg
    bbCBO9c.jpg
    HoObKmz.jpg
    0EA2nBk.jpg
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    Fantastic Marie, cant wait to see that hair posed with some movement in it.
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Texture still feels a bit unfinished but I'm interested to see her posed...
  • ichidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ichidan polycounter lvl 12
    This is great! looking forward to seeing her posed!
  • Fozwroth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fozwroth polycounter lvl 9
    Looks great :) I myself would like to see more wear on things but it might not fit the style of it.

Good job!
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Go on Marie! She looks fantastic :)
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    yeah, the jaw thing was most likely lighting.
    About the bucket belts, I´m just saying change the color like 10-20% or something, so Its not "made out of bullet" if that makes any sense:P

I also think the black leather is looking kind of flat, looks like its just a flat color in both the albedo and the spec, im not saying you should make it all gritty n shit, but I definitely think it needs something.
  • Kel-Shaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kel-Shaded polycounter lvl 6
    I'm in love... again
    Looks amazing!!!
  • SladeDigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SladeDigital polycounter lvl 4
    Amazing job Marie, the bullets Materials and Textures ended up looking so much better then they previously looked like

Looks like everyone is waiting for a posed version of her, you better deliver :D!!
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    Looks great! , though I agree the textures ( especially the cloths/ leather) feel underworked.
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Absolutely stunning! Gorgeous job!
  • Wendy de Boer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wendy de Boer interpolator
    Very pretty! I'll be sure to check out the video. Hopefully you can get her posed! :)
  • TunaSandwich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is looking really goood! Loving the progress of the character- can't wait to see her posed :D
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Ysalex Thanks yuri, appreciated. I can't wait to see the hair out of that straight pose myself, braids got to flow!

slosh hey there! sorry you feel the texture looks unfinished. I had experience with very stylised project where adding realistic details really made the final result more generic. I usually do a little bit more of realistic work usually and I was really trying to stay away from take, keep away from too small and noisy detail, really go for nice simplistic form and very normal map based texture with material definitions etc. Jinx could have looked very different if I decided to take another artistic direction. Anyway thanks man and I can't wait for her to be posed too.

ichidan Thanks man!

Fozwroth Yah I usually really try to make the cloth ''lived in'' , wear and scratches but that was really not the look I was going for on this piece :).

Torch Thank you!!

Iotet Oh that's no huge change, I might try it for the posed render, I have some time until then :). I know a lot of you guys bring up the leather being kind of flat, I was not really going for straight leather, something a little bit closer from vinyl etc. Anyway I know I could have had but I really kept the whole character very stylised with no fabric noise-texture or anything so I felt like that wouldn't match the style I went for.

Kel-Shaded Thank you!! Glad you liked it!

Sladedigital Thank you! it's all the material definition that I didn't touch until the very end, I sure do like the metallic look, it's fancyyyy. Hahaha nooooo don't put pressure on me or i'll give her a shitty pose :P

stevston89 If you read above I did explained my artistic choice not to really work too much on the leather and fabric. Sorry you feel it's underworked :(. Just feel weird to me to have a very srylised character with simplistic shape and then super detailed leather- fabric texture etc

Muzz Thank you!!

DemonPrincess Thank you! I just uploaded the last part of the video too! I asked my friend who rigged Ellie and he sounded up for the task, he's just kind of busy so I'm not sure how long it will take.

TunaSandwich Soonish! Thanks yyou! I'll keep you guys updated when I start the weapon tho, I'm not the best (I suck ) at hard surface stuff, so that's gotta be interesting...!

So here is the last timelapse video for the Jinx process, this is the second part of the texturing video. Unfortunatly there is the last part of the gloss and spec map missing. I think I stopped the recording to do something and forgot to unpaused it, doh. At least it's not the most interesting part anyway hehe :)
    Will keep you updated on the rig and Will probably slowly start working on her weapon, will see how that goes since I hate (gurls gotta learn) hard surface modelling.

Cheers and thanks for all the comments, crits, and love <3
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W2bxZ4Hyy4&amp;list=UUKlNB0dpR1BK0y-JRh6Ju7Q&quot;]Jinx Texturing timelapse part 02 - YouTube[/ame]
  • mr_ace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    looks awesome tits, my only crit is there doesn't seem to be much spec on her skin
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    Lovely piece Marie
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Thanks Mr_ace and katana!
    I sent the character to my rigger, might take a little while but I still got a lot of work to do with that or those weapons so it's all good.
    I just wanted to show a very little corrections I did on the character before sending it for rigging.

I made the head slightly smaller and the eye a tad less appart,
    I think it kind of get rid of her ''owl'' look without affecting the final result too much.
    7qsRv4N.jpg
    My rigger might actually stream the process, if he does I'll share the link in case it can be of interest to someone.

Cheerio!
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Why not just rig her urself? I do my own crappy rigging just for posing. It doesn't take that long and you won't have to wait on someone else. You don't want to have to rely on someone else rigging all you future characters. Just a thought. The subtle new changes look good btw!
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Haha to be honest I don't know anything about rigging and I always really hate everything about it so I just never attempt to make it myself.
    (Plus I like not knowing about it cause then I don't gest asked to do some hehe)
    It's not fun of course to rely on somebody else but my rigger is my friend too and he love the practice and to try some stuff so that give him the chance to do that so that's cool :)
  • lukas.chrapek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lukas.chrapek polycounter lvl 4
    Why make riggs, yes you can use CAT in 3ds Max or HIK in Maya, but you can pose you charactet in Zbrush, without any riggig stuff, just masking and rotating.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    whats the problem with someone else rigging it? very common in this industry.
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Neox wrote: »
    whats the problem with someone else rigging it? very common in this industry.

This. Nothing cooler for a TD to get their hands on an awesome character to rig, could even show it off as their own piece depending on the complexity of the beast.
  • spiderDude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
    Great work Tits!
    Can't wait to see her posed.
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Vert very late update :)
    this is not the posed version yet (I wished!)
    My rigger and myself have been very busy lately, I'm hoping to get my hand on the rig soon enough.
    Just a little update on fishbones.
    I'm really having a hard time with hard edge but I'm glad I finally finished the sculpt. I'll be going into the low rez-UV-texturing soon.

ZOONuko.jpg

Cheers :)
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Glad this is still going...can't wait to see Jinx posed...she deserves it!
  • Xaragoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaragoth polycounter lvl 8
    Yesssssssss. More Jinx goodness. Looking forward to the fully posed one :D
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Ohhh shit,
    That took a while but I just got my rig tonight, I'm stoked.
    (Thank you so much Pierre-Luc!)
    The low rez of fishbone is almost done but I'm really worried about the unwrap and baking. I'm always having a lot of trouble baking hard surface stuff.

Just a little dumb pose I did while testing the rig..

Soon.....
    GDlUf4S.jpg
  • tigerheart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tigerheart polycounter lvl 9
    Nice.
    What render engine is it? and any chance to know how the rig is made?
  • spiderDude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
    Sweet!!
    Can't wait to see it all together!
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    tigerheart This is Marmoset Toolbag 2 :).
    I don't know much about rig so I cannot give you a lot of information.
    My friend PL made it, there is Ik-FK switch and... yah! That's pretty much all I can say about it hahaha. If you have more specific question I can probably ask him.
    2W3UbRE.png
    spiderDude Thank you! I gotta finish that fishbone, I'm just very worried about the hard surface bake, I'm pretty bad at that!
  • SaferDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaferDan polycounter lvl 14
    God I love this so much!

Some good resources for baking hard surface via Earthquake -

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107196

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81154

Just in case you hadn't seen them! Good luck with the bake!
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Awesome! almost though you forgot about this project :)
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    Looks great Marie :)
  • tigerheart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tigerheart polycounter lvl 9
    Well thanks^^ I was wandering how complex it get. Good job for you render, I didn't think you can get some render this cool with marmoset.
  • wester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wester polycounter lvl 13
    That render looks incredible! Excited to see what you do with the new rigged version!
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    That render is desktop material! Loving how this has been turning out :)
  • Fnitrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fnitrox polycounter lvl 6
    That render is desktop material! Loving how this has been turning out :)

THIS^^ Pls give 1080p version of DAT!
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Thanks all for the very nice comments,
    I don't really know what is the correct size for a wallpaper etc.. But here you go :), this is pretty big so I supposed it should do the job!

Preview :
    uFnRPDw.png

Wallpaper version Link
  • turpedo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    turpedo polycounter lvl 12
    Jinx is my favorite character to play, love the latest shot of her, great work!
  • ichidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ichidan polycounter lvl 12
    oh lordy this is looking AWESOME, love that latest image! looking forward to some more with her gun! awesome job!
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Thanks guys :), working on it!
    SaferDan By the way, I forgot to thank you for the links.
    I aldready went through those before but it's always a very good reminder.
    My issue is that I understand the theorie behind it, but when it comes to doing it, I often have a lot of issue and troubleshooting wich is very different from when I bake character so I often end up getting real frustrated...
    Hehe, learning everyday!
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Amazing work! Dunno how I missed this. Excited to see the final shots.
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Thank you shiniku!

Gif because I forgot to share it here!

EpXHF5J.gif
    Cause i love gifs and I wanted a moving profile pict like you other cool guys in the hangout!

I'm pretty much done with Fishbone low rez at the moment, big thanks to the people in the polycount hangout that took some of their time to help me figure out what was wrong about my hardsurface baking pipeline. Hopefully I will get an easier time with this now.
    I'm starting to UV, then I hope baking magic will happen!
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Awesome! We should all post more gifs on polycount!
  • AdvisableRobin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AdvisableRobin polycounter lvl 10
    I really like the composition. Pretty hyped to see this completed.
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    While I'm baking this very annoying gun,
    Anyone have some cool pose- final shot suggestions?
    would be pretty excited to hear your ideas and suggestions.
    Iotet gotta love gifs!
    AdvisableRobin Thank you!! I'm pretty excited to finish this myself. The rig took about 4 months to get back to me so that made this project look so much longer than it actually was!

By the way I got a lot of message about how I felt about this League of legends contest starting just as I am finishing up jinx,
    This pretty much sums it up
    tumblr_n8kkt9Rg3b1tfq6umo1_400.gif
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Tits, let us wallow in similar sentiments.
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Oh yah JadeEyePanda I think we both are a little bit salty about the situation. Brofist my friend.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I was thinking more pity hugs.

Brofists are violent little things. Totally acceptable after a hearty BBQ.
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Nah Nah, we shall not pity ourself, gotta keep our head up high and take the opportunity to make even more awesome stuff instead, don't you think?
    No pity hug for you!!