Home Unreal Engine

[UE4] Landscape issues

I posted this in the general discussion thread but it seems moore fitting to post it here in a separate thread.

Hey im experiencing some trubbles with the landscape system.

Im in the prosess of making some terrain for UDK, im mostly following this method. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0o3bqoM0Qg

So im trying to apply my diffuse texture to the entire terrain. This is the result im getting. Looks nice with the hightmap but what about the normalmap and diffuse?

zPI0pEt.jpg

If we zoom in we get this, awful tiling. Now this result is what i would have expected to see in UE3 aswell, but using the LandscapeCoords you where able to strech the texture over the entire landscape. This node is missing however.
IbyNoQe.jpg

The only node close to what i was looking for was the following, and this is how simple my material is setup at the moment.
qEZHEKr.jpg

Replies

• mAlkAv!An
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mAlkAv!An polycounter lvl 5
    In the Coords properties set the Mapping Scale to match your landscape size.
    That node is working the exact same way as in UE3 btw, they only replaced terrain by landscape in the naming.
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks so much, solved it, however lightmass keeps crashing on me when using 4k heightmap. I guess this method isnt viable. Makes the editor really unstable.
  • decorix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    decorix polycounter lvl 11
    Hi,

I was wondering if you were using a landscapelayerblend or landscapelayerweight node?

Visceral wrote: »
    Thanks so much, solved it, however lightmass keeps crashing on me when using 4k heightmap. I guess this method isnt viable. Makes the editor really unstable.
  • Hourences
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hourences polycounter lvl 18
    Check how many components you got, lightmap size is affected by that. Also see if you can lower lightmap size lower than its default value.

Collision on a 4k terrain is heavy though. You will want to lod the collision to the second lod step, or remove collision from components you won't ever get to.
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Sjoerd. Im just testing a bunch of stuff right now, not for a serious project. The compnent things and controlling how large the landscape becomes always seems so hard to me, no matter how many times i read the docs.

@decorix Im not 100% sure, i dont have the editor open right now, but i filtered for landscape and picked the one refering to the cordinates.