Home General Discussion

Creepy story - I fear my tablet

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
theSixtyEight polycounter lvl 7
I little funny/creepy story here. (idk if right thread for this, but....)
In past few weeks, sometimes when I do some texturing work with my tablet (Wacom bamboo pen & touch) when I finish work and I put the pen aside of the tablet, weird things start to happen.
First it started to shake mouse cursor, there were just a ocassional small flicks happening from beginning but as I played some game they were appearing more and more and more until I couldnt even restart my PC (couldnt click because cursor was shaking like crazy) so i had to hardreset my PC.
That was like a few weeks ago.
In past week the tablet would again start moving the cursor to any direction randomly plus it would "left-click" randomly too so it would usually click on something in your web browser and open links or even change some settings in your program if (un)lucky, or whatever you can imagine.
This all would be I would say normal, you never know if your tablet dont have some dirt on it so it could cause all this. BUT yesterday/today it started to use various shorcuts. Yep, shorcuts! It started to hit "Alt+tab" to scroll throught windows/programs I have opened, it would hit "Alt+F4" to close program I was running, the white LED on it would flash like crazy and when I tried to disconnect it from USB port, in the last second before disconnecting it tried to turn off my PC!! I just got this standard WIN7 message "7 Programs need to close before shuting down" but fortunatelly I managed to hit "Cancel".
Shall i call an exorcist?

Replies

• Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    Your tablet is indeed...possessed by baron Samedi...

or:

1: Your tablet is defective

2:virus

3-There magnetic objects causing waves problems around your workdesk ( It happened to me)

4-windows doing it's usual thang..

ps:Thread subject asie, your work is amazing. I really am not the kind of guy that like weaponry props but those shots are really inspiring. Nice folio.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    how close do you keep it to speakers, monitors, or power supplies?

Ive seen the cursor shake, which can be caused by a power supply being too close, or a defective tablet. The shortcuts sound like buttons on it are stuck or shorting out. I had a problem with my Wacom2 where I had to disable the scroll bar, if i even casually grazed it, it would start spazzing out and scrolling up and down rapidly. Would sometimes fix itself if i unplugged it and plugged it back in, but most of the time required a restart.

tablet works fine, just always disable the scrollbar.
  • theSixtyEight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond wrote: »
    3-There magnetic objects causing waves problems around your workdesk ( It happened to me)
    well when I plug out and plug back in the tablet, everythingis fine so I dont think magnetic stuff causing problems
    4-windows doing it's usual thang..
    mostly likely ;)
    ps:Thread subject asie, your work is amazing. I really am not the kind of guy that like weaponry props but those shots are really inspiring. Nice folio.
    thanks man, appreciate that!

moose wrote: »
    how close do you keep it to speakers, monitors, or power supplies?
    Ive seen the cursor shake, which can be caused by a power supply being too close, or a defective tablet. The shortcuts sound like buttons on it are stuck or shorting out.
    Well I defintelly dont have "ALt+tab" or "shutdown" mapped to my tablet haha, so I assume either windows or drivers problem :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc[/ame]
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    * edit nvm didnt read the whole story...
  • Count Vertsalot
    I have that beat. Last week my computer started to randomly type on it's own. I figured it was the keyboard, but when I unplugged it the typing was still happening. Went through 3 different anti-virus checks and nothing came up. Checked my Wacom stuff since that was the only thing that would use characters for the shortcuts, nope. Turns out it was my freakin' mouse. I had a wireless Logitech mouse and the wireless receiver went nuts and started typing stuff on it's own. I don't have a wireless mouse anymore, never again. Thought I was going crazy.
  • GarageBay9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GarageBay9 polycounter lvl 13
    Do you set your cell phone down on or right next to your tablet?

My Wacom does goofy things when my Galaxy S3 is set down on it.

That'll be $29.95 for the exorcism.
  • Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    Probably an ancient demon man, burn the house and run
  • marks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marks greentooth
    Your tablet is indeed...possessed by baron Samedi...

Oh I like that reference :) I like that a lot.
  • Zephiris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zephiris polygon
    Have you worked on any dark fantasy-based assets lately?
    Maybe you`ve been drawing certain... runes, magical summon circles, spell insignias of the dark arts?

If that`s the case, consider handwriting a few pages of the holy scripts on your tablet. If that doesn`t cancel it out, contact your local priest at once. Should the tablet start hovering in mid-air before you get the chance to do so, run for your life - it`s probably conspiring with the printer to plot your death.
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    wlan and wacom devices use the same frequencies, change your wlan channel and it should be better
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    im-sorry-thesixtyeight.jpg
    I have to much free time
  • theSixtyEight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    i had something like that once too, likely a virus or something

It would do random input things i did in the past, even write things in search ive searched previously in windows or in browsers, totally creeped me out too , not sure anymore what removed it
  • Francois_K
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
    All wacoms are installed with spooky and scary drivers.
  • CharacterCarl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CharacterCarl greentooth
    You should also consider applying a safety layer of yoghurt for increased exorcism. Worked for me:

e3wn17Gl.jpg

Then again, I didn't have any issues to begin with...

Seriously though, don't eat next to your Wacom.