Home Quixel Megascans

Support

Replies

• RVN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RVN

RVN: Your persistence is impressive! Thank you for the detailed break down on your solution and REALLY sorry you had to endure this, no one deserves that level of pain. Also, I really appreciate your help in this thread. Thank you!

- Teddy

You swedes should know us finns. We just can't stop, once we start :)

So no probs. I was expecting a beta version anyway. Given that, your tool is just amazing. Together with Lightwave/Octane render.. simply, awesome.
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
    allaze-eroler: The color map was done using the koddeCreateRampMap for Maya: http://www.kostas.se/?p=343. Gradients for Top-Down, Left-Right and Front-Back where rendered out and combined into a RGB texture inside PS. There is a similar tool for 3ds Max: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131349

No worries though, DDO will soon support automatic baking of a few different maps including gradients!

- Teddy

sweet ! so it's with these plugins that did make the gradient map, which i did figured out not long ago after studying the example you did posted on wiki X3 however, i'm still not yet figured out about the preview problem with 3do especially with maps i created with ddo because it keep showing that red interrogation thing and even when i use reimport meshes, it still refuse to show up the textures... i probably missed something :| the cross-app don't work for me for the moment so, i'm expecting for next update :)
  • Zarakun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zarakun polycounter lvl 7
    Wow, quick response for everyone. Considering that you're probably a really small team working on this great tool it's really impressive and very professional! Thank you, knowing your past versions of nDo I have no doubt that once updated and fixed the Suite will be a great standard for everyone.

Thank you Teddy and good luck :)
  • Zelfit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zelfit polycounter lvl 8
    Also, is there any option to switch output texture from JPG to TGA?
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    I can't seem to find any information on what versions of Photoshop this is compatible with. We're using CS4 and I'm curious if that has anything to do with the Suite not loading correctly. Putting the permissions to admin don't solve anything for us.
  • bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    hey guys sorry if this was answered previously, but just wondering how can i get rid of these funky shading errors on my model in 3Do?

used the standard obj export options out of max as well as trying a few different bake options. also tried having exported my model with multiple smoothing groups and with 1 applied but no luck still...

edit: i'm also using Suite with CS3 if that makes any difference

many thanks

m4dDo.jpg
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    bluekangaroo, my question may relate to yours. (have you tried inverting the green channel of your normal map?)

Is there a way to change the Y swizzle for the normal map display within 3do? I've had to do it manually. Checking it in dDo doesn't seem to affect 3do's display.
  • bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    Joopson wrote: »
    bluekangaroo, my question may relate to yours. (have you tried inverting the green channel of your normal map?)

Is there a way to change the Y swizzle for the normal map display within 3do? I've had to do it manually. Checking it in dDo doesn't seem to affect 3do's display.

ah yep that did the trick! yeah I tried changing the Y swizzle previously as well with no effect. Thanks mate
  • snoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snoop polycounter lvl 7
    Joopson wrote: »

I usually just make a second copy of the normal map with green channel inverted and call it, for example, "texture_normal_ddo.tga". That way I have the original they will be used in games etc., and the ddo version so that proper cavity, ao, etc. can be made.
  • Lt_Commander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lt_Commander polycounter lvl 10
    I had a ton of fun playing with dDo for the first time. It's a very nice all in one tool.

wd40_render_2.jpg

I know this sounds crazy, but I was wondering if there's an option for map export compatible with the source engine, specifically the phong exponent/albdeto tint map.
  • hooblegooblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hooblegooblin polycounter lvl 5
    L1jvne8.jpg

I've been encountering this error when layering several materials on different parts of my model using the color IDs. It results in certain of the materials not appearing in 3Do. Running PS CS5.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    Brygelsmack: It is indeed supposed to auto-update. This sounds like a bug with 3DO not updating -- let me know if the project itself is not getting any updates.
    It's just a matter of refreshing myself, it's definitely something I can live with.

Another question: I added a smart material to my mesh, but only the Albedo got the material, not the Gloss, Normals and Spec. I added another one on top of it and it worked fine across all maps. Another bug maybe?

I solved it by adding it to each map, it's a bit of a workaround I guess but seems to work.

Edit: I tried saving a Preset since I want to use the same material on several objects, but I'm getting an error.

KQ9CrnK.jpg

Followed by:
    hKAHIn2.jpg
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Teddy/Ryan,

Can you add a check on mouse button release to see if the current item has actually had its value change before re-updating everything?

This gets quite tiresome especially when working with large files. I can't be the only one thats had this annoyance/time sink with the current beta and past releases?
  • bfg900
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you guys for the fantastic support. You're already helping the tool shape up quite significantly; we're pushing hard to get this new update out ASAP.

SaboR1996, tajomaru & bfg900: Thank you! I still don't know what is up with the 3DO shift click on some systems: If you resave your color ID map in a different format than the one you are currently using and create a new project using the new map, does this have any effect at all? Hoping to get this fixed right away.

Hi,

I managed to assign a material using the material ID map but not in the 3DO window. I'm just thinking that maybe my material ID map has alpha channel and it was the problem.
  • Disheveled Zen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rahzy wrote: »
    You can load custom mesh by clicking the paragraph icon beside the X button and click on 3DO custom loader. Load the obj mesh and with the current doc open in NDO, press the chain icon on the left of Normal map to assign the current normal doc to the mesh.

Awesome, thanks for letting me know, worked quite well with the models I was testing out last night.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    oXYnary wrote: »
    Can you add a check on mouse button release to see if the current item has actually had its value change before re-updating everything?
    Perhaps even an option to halt updates temporarily? Like if you want to muck around with a fair few layers and you only want to see the result after all changes are made.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys for the requests!

allaze-eroler: The textures not showing up could perhaps something to do with the filepath being misinterpreted -- perhaps there are unrecognized characters? Feel free to post the file path of the project and I'll see if we can rule out if this is the cause.

Zelfit: Not yet, but changing preview texture format is planned! So that textures can be previewed in higher quality in Toolbag 2 cross-app mode for instance. Besides automatic preview images, the exporter pipeline will also support exporting to any file format supported by PS (+ CryTiff eventually).

praetus: The suite is compatible with CS3-CC, standard and extended editions. It is being regularly tested on CS4 so this is likely not the cause unfortunately :/ How does the start up behave for you and the team?

bluekangaroo, Joopson & snoop: Thank you for your reports! I can confirm Flip Y is not working anymore, really sorry about that. It has now been fixed and will be part of the update.

Lt_Commander: Spot on material definition :D Yes, this will be possible with the upcoming exporter. In fact, you can customize your own export presets for any engine.

hooblegooblin: Thanks! Finally been able to track this one down, killing it once and for all.

Brygelsmack: ooops. Would you mind linking me a zip of the project folder? Sorry about this.

oXYnary: Hm, this should be the default behavior, i.e. not updating if a value is unchanged. Does it do this for all sliders or anyone in particular? Will fix the broken ones right away.

Bek: This is in! Holding ALT while dragging any slider or clicking any button will freeze previewing entirely. Try it out! Will definitely allow for a faster workflow when working with more advanced projects.

Thanks again!
    - Teddy
  • s6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    s6 polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks for all the info Teddy!
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

allaze-eroler: The textures not showing up could perhaps something to do with the filepath being misinterpreted -- perhaps there are unrecognized characters? Feel free to post the file path of the project and I'll see if we can rule out if this is the cause.

Thanks again!
    - Teddy

if it's that, then i know why : it was because the file patch dir is "E:\D#(NTFS 1)\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R6\ZProjects\speed_sculpt_collection\batch\Maps\summer_2014" which it was from the lost data that i managed to recover after i did an error in transfert data. just after i changed these folder names, it worked perfectly fine now ! thx for pointing it out !
  • JGreentheRookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JGreentheRookie polycounter lvl 10
    I tried all the options that are stated in this thread except for installing CC ( I don't think that's the problem) but I still can't get the suite to work on win7 64 bit, cs6 64 bit this is frustrating :(:(
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    Goto event viewer and look in "Administrative Events"

are you getting any errors or warnings regarding PS or Quixel ?
    I tried all the options that are stated in this thread except for installing CC ( I don't think that's the problem) but I still can't get the suite to work on win7 64 bit, cs6 64 bit this is frustrating :(:(
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    Brygelsmack: ooops. Would you mind linking me a zip of the project folder? Sorry about this.
    Ok, I sent you a message with the files. Thanks for the fast response!

I'm using CS6 btw, in case you needed to know.
  • JGreentheRookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete wrote: »
    Goto event viewer and look in "Administrative Events"

are you getting any errors or warnings regarding PS or Quixel ?

Yes I'm getting errors regarding Quixel and PS
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    Yes I'm getting errors regarding Quixel and PS

Post them please
  • JGreentheRookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Post them please

Thats What I Found

-
    System

-
    Provider

[ Name] Application Error

-
    EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level

Task

Keywords
    0x80000000000000

-
    TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2014-06-10T00:13:00.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Channel
    Application

Computer
    xxxxx-PC

Security

-
    EventData

SUITE.exe

539624da

clr.dll

52717f9a

c0000005

00000000001c9361

01cf8440b3b0c1e7

F:\Quixel_SUITE\x64\bin\Release\SUITE.exe

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll

fb32bf5d-f033-11e3-bdae-848f69b19cce
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

-
    System

-
    Provider

[ Name] .NET Runtime

-
    EventID 1023

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level

Task

Keywords
    0x80000000000000

-
    TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2014-06-10T00:13:00.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Channel
    Application

Computer
    xxxxx-PC

Security

-
    EventData

Application: SUITE.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 000007FEEFC69361 (000007FEEFAA0000) with exit code 80131506.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________-

-
    System

-
    Provider

-
    EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level

Task

Keywords
    0x80000000000000

-
    TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2014-06-09T23:59:42.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Channel
    Application

Computer
    xxxxx-PC

Security

-
    EventData

Photoshop.exe

50e86765

adbeapeengine.dll

4f205e64

c0000005

0000000000a9e61e

1c38

01cf843ed3863ad7

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\APE\3.3\adbeapeengine.dll

1f84d08e-f032-11e3-bdae-848f69b19cce
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________-

-
    System

-
    Provider

-
    EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level

Task

Keywords
    0x80000000000000

-
    TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2014-06-09T23:43:20.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Channel
    Application

Computer
    xxxxx-PC

Security

-
    EventData

NDO.exe

539624d8

KERNELBASE.dll

5315a05a

e0434352

000000000000940d

1ef4

01cf843c911edd29

C:\Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE\x64\bin\Release\NDO.exe

C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

d5fd4f0b-f02f-11e3-bdae-848f69b19cce
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________-

- System

-
    Provider

[ Name] .NET Runtime

-
    EventID 1026

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level

Task

Keywords
    0x80000000000000

-
    TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2014-06-09T23:43:18.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Channel
    Application

Computer
    xxxxx-PC

Security

-
    EventData

Application: NDO.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException Stack: at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri) at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri) at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext) at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean) at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup() at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) at System.Windows.Application.Run() at NDO.App.Main()
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-
    System

-
    Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP

[ Guid] {9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}

EventID

Version

Level

Task

Opcode

Keywords
    0x8000000000000000

-
    TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2014-03-26T17:46:20.992854700Z

EventRecordID

Correlation

-
    Execution

[ ProcessID] 4

[ ThreadID] 52

Channel
    System

Computer
    xxxx-PC

-
    Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

-
    EventData

ProcessId

ProcessNameLength

ProcessName
    \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop

CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

DeviceInstanceLength

DeviceInstance USB\VID_0480&PID_A006\2012091131823

I just reinstalled it again for the fourth time and I started the suite and it is asking me which photoshop version I want to use and I chose PS 64bit.
    After that PS restarted to comply with the suite.
    I pressed on the NDo/Ddo button and it flickered and right after that it crashed. Now it's asking me the same thing again.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    It asks me every time as well, to specify which photoshop exe. Then it closes and reopens photoshop. Then it works.

But it does it every time.
  • JGreentheRookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I do the same but it never works :( youre lucky
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
  • hooblegooblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hooblegooblin polycounter lvl 5
    Is there a way to access and modify the albedo link IDs after creating the base texture? After creating the base I'm not sure how to assign materials to specific parts of the model.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    You can either hold C in 3do to view your colour map then shift + click on a colour to assign a material that way. Or you can assign a material to an id in the main dDo window by clicking the box on the right hand side of the material, which will open a drop-down menu with all your material id's.
  • orecus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seems that there is a bug when saving your own Material.

I have the following structure in a project and I save by having "[Group Folder]" selected with two material folders in it.

Custom Diffuse/Albedo
    [Group folder]
    - [Material 1 Folder]
    - [Material 2 Folder]

But when I save the "[Group Folder]" as a smart material and then load it the following happens. It seems like only one material is saved for the other maps and not all, saves all for the Albedo map though.

Result
    Albedo Map
    [Material 1 Folder]
    [Material 2 Folder]

Other Maps
    [Material 1 Folder]

My expected result for all maps would be this:
    [Group folder]
    - [Material 1 Folder]
    - [Material 2 Folder]
  • Trousertrout
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How do you save out full resolution maps? I used 8k maps for my inputs but when I save all maps all I get are 4k .jpgs located in the preview folder.
  • Fwap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fwap polycounter lvl 13
    Okay i got the Quixel Suite to work with Adobe CC.
    Stumbled upon another problem, on my left toolbar with the Quixel Suite open or any of its sub programs, i sometimes have to click multiple times before it will change the tool when its a floating panel.

Almost as if it gets pushed behind the draw order of the Quixel toolbar and clicking it brings it to the top and activates it, then clicking again to select the tool.
    Anyone else in CC have this problem?

Actually it does it when the toolbar is docked as well.
  • StrangerDanger
    Crashes when i load ID map, no error just BOOP gone
  • StrangerDanger
    So if your ID maps background is not black. it will crash
  • JGreentheRookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update your .NET Framework

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29053

and see what happens !

I cant update it. It's not letting me. It says it is blocked or does not exist. I tryed all three versions, non of them work. :(
  • Trousertrout
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I am using quixel suite (in particular dDo) with adobe CS6. I have set my input maps and made a material that I am happy with. I am using 8k maps for my inputs. When I go to save all maps using the save all maps button, they only save as 4k jpg images in the preview folder of the working directory.

Is there a way to set your export options? I have looked on the wiki and cannot find anything. Also is there a way to change the file type from jpg?
  • Trousertrout
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am trying to export my maps out of quixel suite (dDo) with photoshop cs6. My input maps are 8k, but when I click save all maps button the only files I can find that are generated are 4k jpg preview files within the working directory.

Is there an export options window hidden somewhere.
  • Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 11
    -Is it possible in 3DO to render out Pictures with Transparent Background?
    -Can i add a Light Source in my 3DO Scene?
    -Can i add another Mesh in my 3DO Scene?

If No -> My Wishes for the next Update :)
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trouser we are working on the exporter at the moment, but you are in Photoshop still so for now just save as in your location needed. Sorry for the inconvenience, this is something we know is a big deal and want to sort it out for you guys asap.

@Gazu sorry right now there is no render with alpha or adding lights abilities with 3do but they are on our minds trust me hehe.
  • fullchaos13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fullchaos13 polycounter lvl 6
    Whenever I apply a smart material/material it loads up everything fine, applies it on the diffuse, ao, specular, etc.... It also applies on my mesh in 3DO and I can see how the smart material affected the textures but for the love of god I cant seem to actually edit it because the automation hub ( I dont know what its called now ) is empty. Heres a picture showing what im talking about.

xys2daZ.jpg
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    in my case, i'm looking to paint directly on the 3D model so i can create custom mask for example, making a striped style like tiger, if you see what i'm meaning :)
  • Steppenwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steppenwolf polycounter lvl 15
    Don't know if ddo is even supposed to work with tiling textures. Either way i wanted to experiment with a tiling map from zbrush but that doesn't work. The normal map gets a 3-4 pixel wide seam around all edges every time (tiles perfect without ddo):

HahspNU.jpg

I tried with Photoshop CC 64 Bit.
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    Sorry for the long delay, was on the piss last night :poly142:

What version of .NET Framework are you using ?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925568%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

and can you do this also:

goto run then type "cmd". once in the cmd prompt type "sfc /scannow"

see if you get any errors. I still think it's a .NET Framework issue you are having which is causing issues with Quixel

I cant update it. It's not letting me. It says it is blocked or does not exist. I tryed all three versions, non of them work. :(
  • Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pancakes polycounter lvl 10
    Whenever I made some strokes or box selections in NDO, sometimes it gets really inaccurate and says I'm putting the stroke or box or whatever in a completely different place and it becomes impossible to draw correctly in some areas. I guess I'll make a video later on if people don't know what I'm talking about.
  • dimwalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dimwalker polycounter lvl 15
    The Suite hates me or am I doing everything wrong?
    Trying to recreate process shown in "DDO & 3DO Workflow Primer" and almost every second step doesn't work for me. Here is a bunch of problems I encountered:

- While started from SUITE GUI, NDO doesn't start at all. SUITE crashes.
    While started from executable, NDO starts, but doesn't draw its GUI. I can see boundaries of window if I press ALt+Space and when move it, thus it is there.

- Tried to reinstall the whole thing. Installer doesn't check if any of tools are currently running and failing to replace some files. Even though I ignored few errors(before remembering I haven't close invisible NDO), installer claimed everything was installed successfully.

- Creating new DDO project gave me PS warning - "embeded profile mismatch" (embedded - Dot Grain 20%, working - Gray Gamma 2.2). Not really a problem, but it pops up every time I creating new project... and I did it a lot, trying to catch elusive .OBJ problem.

- I think I know why some meshes don't load in 3DO. At least I was able to reproduce 3/3 successful and the same amount of failed mesh loads.
    In max exporter there is checkbox called "relative numbers". Meshes with this thing enabled didn't load for me.

- Didn't found a way to specify project's name and path while saving project from DDO.

- Loading project in DDO doesn't draw dialog until I switch focus to some other application and back. Clicking on PS GUI also works. Clicking SUITE, DDO or 3DO GUI while dialog isn't shown or still open, results in crash of all 3 of them.

- Submenu button in "Open 3DO custom loader" doesn't do anything.

- Loading project in "Open 3DO custom loader" has hierarchy-tree only, no field for file name / pasting path.

- Shift-clicking while holding C in 3DO doesn't open material library. Tried ID map in .TGA and .PNG formats.

- Materials in DDO doesn't show. Tried creating it via "Links..." in Base Creator and later in existing project. Same with sample "DDO_SDK_Helmet" project. I can see material on the model in 3DO, but list in DDO is empty.
    Thus can't go past 1:47 in "Open 3DO custom loader".

ENG WIN7 x64 SP1, max 2014 SP5, Photoshop CC, dual monitor setup
  • JGreentheRookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for the long delay, was on the piss last night :poly142:

What version of .NET Framework are you using ?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925568%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

and can you do this also:

goto run then type "cmd". once in the cmd prompt type "sfc /scannow"

see if you get any errors. I still think it's a .NET Framework issue you are having which is causing issues with Quixel

That was a long piss :D LOL

Anyway,

I have NET v4.0.30319 before I had 3.5 but when I made the update to 4 nothing changed it still crashes or doesnt respond.

I'm gonna try these next steps now :)
  • Trousertrout
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ryan Hey Ryan, thanks for the reply. Good to hear you guys are working on it while also having a simple work around like manually saving :P The joys of working within photoshop.

Will there be any support for <UDIM> textures in future releases? I know that my university enjoys the older version of dDo, and that if the new quixel suite had just abit more under the hood details to tweak I am sure they would adopt they newest version of quixel suite.

Cheers.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18

oXYnary: Hm, this should be the default behavior, i.e. not updating if a value is unchanged. Does it do this for all sliders or anyone in particular? Will fix the broken ones right away.

Thanks again!
    - Teddy

Hi Teddy,

Its doing it for any of the sliders in NDO. Especially noticeable if you have 3do open. Just click on a slider, don't move it, and it will force refresh everything. :(
This discussion has been closed.