• dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    dipesh25 polycounter lvl 5
    Practising form building

vrsi0z.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick sketches of poses. trying to get my ideas down on paper more quickly.
    spend about 15 seconds on each of them

2uqdt8o.jpg
  • Twoflower
    Just want to drop in and say that the environment study looks really nice. The referense image goes down into abit darker values then what you are using in your image, might be something too look out for in your next study :)
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys!
    Sorry i haven't been updating my forum, been really busy at my college.
    But don't worry i'll starting posting my work on here ASAP
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Game Jam Sandwhich

This weekend at my college (23-24 ) was our first Game Jam ! All 3 years groups got together and got separated into 2 groups by our tutors. We then had to design a game based on a list of words that were decided for us in roughly 16 hours spaced over 2 days.
    The game we decided to make was called 'Tiny Monsters' aim of the game is simple, your this monster that has to kill other monsters as a result your monster evolves and learn new abilities.
    The team I was in was good, we had some few bumps here and there. But overall I believed I worked well with the team and vice versa.
    Unfortunately due to lack of time we couldn't finish our game. But I learnt so much in this game jam, the pressure of producing art work in a limited space of time and how to use my time more effectively.

I was one of the concept artist in my group, my role was to create a monster which will serve as the main character for the game.

Here is an image showing some rough thumbnail sketches of the main character. My main inspiration for designing some of these sketches came from pokemon and Pacific Rim .

30u6dlk.jpg

As you can see three designs was chosen by the team in which i developed even further.

3466xar.jpg

A final design was chosen to serve as the main character.
    o85vyh.jpg

The image below shows different stages of the creature as it evolves. The character will evolve as it “eats” certain enemies as a result will inherit that enemies characteristic and also will learn different techniques.

E.g.

The Swipe

In order for the character to learn this technique the character will have to eat a bear in the game.

f39ycw.jpg

The image below shows what the character will look like in the game

30sejb6.jpg

Here are some screenshots of our game.

2i7pu8g.jpg
    6tea6t.jpg
    2meu32p.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys! just finished a character concept. it’s a warrior.
    I thought it would look in beHey guys! just finished a character concept. it’s a warrior.

I thought it would look in better black and white rather than in colour.
    Pretty happy with the results, need to work on facial features.

More practise is needed!tter black and white rather than in colour.
    Pretty happy with the results, need to work on facial features.
    More practise is needed!

11u89zr.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Right now I'm making my first tech game demo in my college with my friends. The time frame is only a month
    The game is going to be a Runner
    Story goes your a knight rescuing a princess from a tower, the knight finds out that the princess if ugly, therefore he leaves her behind and as a result the princess sends her dragon after him, so our character has to run away from a stream of fire produce by the dragon, atlas we have our game.
    I'm doing some concept art work for the game, here some thumbnails for the knight.

24bq1w9.jpg

As we progressed we thought it would be better to do a mage warrior, because for one of our game mechanic were gonna have the main character create an ice wall behind him, therefore slowing down the fire in which he is being chased by.

2ebti8k.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys!
    just did a quick render of a sphere.
    i played around with the opacity settings just to see what the end result is, pretty happy with it.
    i feel that the light hitting the sphere is abit too strong.
    More Practise is needed!

16iz3u9.jpg
  • Vincent074
    Offline / Send Message
    Vincent074 polycounter lvl 7
    don't forget to add some bounce light from the floor back onto the bottom of of the sphere :)
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Guys just finished a speed painting, pretty happy with the result.
    The time limit was 1hr.
    The anatomy is not perfect, but oh well.
    i didnt know what i was going for, but it turn out something like this lol

5oziw4.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Vincet- hey vin! yh i completely forgot about that, my bad lol.
    Thanks for the feedback

Twoflower- hey flower, thanks for the advice really appreciate
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    10qz97c.jpg

Concept piece for a character for the Runner Game.
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Heys guys its been a while since i posted on here, been really busy with the first tech demo. I'm glad to say that its finally finished.

So here what you missed....

Here are some more concept art that i did over the Christmas break for our Runner game.

To be honest it was hard to motivate myself over the holidays to do some work as there were a lot of distraction e.g. watching battlestar galatica :D

69opl1.jpg
    e7xqox.jpg
    vo9bwl.jpg

The team decided that the top image will be main character for our runner game.
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    With the decision finally made on what character is going to look like i had the task of making the character in 3d so we can import it into unity.

The programme I use to create my model was 3ds max. Before I went into 3ds max to create my character I had to first create a character sheet, therefore I could use it as a guideline when modelling.

2v0y0qf.jpg

Here the model in wire frame mode, in all honesty it was a long process trying to get it just right. With lots and lots of trail and error i was happy with the result.

f9ph8z.jpg

I began to unwrap it and put the template on to Photoshop so I could texture it. This was probably one of many frustrating part in creating this model, making the texturing that was 2D art on Photoshop looking like 3D when importing the texture into max.

I did what i could to get the result, I’m not proud of it, but I had no time to dwell on it so I just move forward onto the next stage.

n71r9x.jpg
    2lc9yf6.jpg
    24me59v.jpg
    5pm0d0.jpg
    rclnk7.jpg
    21og2p.jpg
    29p8ear.jpg
    149bgxl.jpg

This is what the model looks like when full textured.

2zt8wzs.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    With the main character finish i thought i help out with the assets creation, the game need a gate and a torch.

As a result I modeled a simple mesh which represents the gate and a torch.
    The gate appeared at the end of the level, signifying to the player that the game is finished.

de6xl3.jpg
    sqp5ba.jpg

Once I unwrapped the models, I began the paint in the textures. The gate was by far the most interesting to paint in this whole game making process, mainly because it was simple to do and as a result I could paint in more detail more easily.
    The Whole texture was painted by hand, I used no photo textures, I wanted to see if I could create an amazing texture piece without the use of photos. I believe I achieved that, I learnt a lot just by doing this.

2rmmtc7.jpg

Texturing the torch wasn't easy, due to the fact that the vector planes were small and as a result I couldn’t get good details in it. But because it was a torch the player is just going to run pass it therefore there was no need to detail it well. As result for this one I used photo textures and played around with the opacity to get the desired result.

mc6ni8.jpg

Here are the models when fully textured.

a32yx0.jpg

2ptq91j.jpg

The Game overall was okay, the team wasn't amazing, not what I had in mind due to the fact we had a big team, but we managed to make a functioning game, few bugs but functional. The concept design of the character and game changed every so often, first it was standard knight, and then and spirit mage. The game itself at first we had to carry the princess away from the dragon, but in the end your this mage that's essentially running away from a wall of fire that the dragon made. I took everyone opinions to design the character, their feedbacks were good at times and sometimes confusing.

Here are some screenshots of our game.

ojpdtz.jpg
    IMG2pt73v9.jpg]
    24n438y.jpg
    xgk2zl.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Entered a art competition on the conceptart.org, unfortunately didnt win

step-by-step process

1zo7wuo.jpg

Final Work

280qdm0.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Just before the Easter holiday our team created another tech demo game. This time I was part of a different team, team of 5 including myself.
    For this one we decided to create a survival multi-player game. Players would simple have to gather food, water and weapons in order to survive against other players.

My job role was to create environment assets and the character that the player will play as.

Here are some simple concept art for the environment assets.

Temple 01
    15oh0ex.jpg

Temple 02
    2s7g7l3.jpg

Temple 03
    2wdo6yh.jpg

Temple 04
    mx2d6s.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are the models of the temples.

Temple01

x25rw9.jpg

UVW Template

331op79.jpg
    18myqb.jpg
    29wq2rr.jpg
    jj8nl3.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Temple 02

This temple under gone some changes, the concept art that modelled for this temple were to small.
    In order to convey a labyrinth type feeling I expanded the model from the initial designs, adding more columns and walls. Furthermore I changed the color scheme as well to make it more consistent with 1st temple.

Initial Design

fut11z.jpg

Upgraded

2hyz0p4.jpg

UVW

35aj5le.jpg
    20f21ba.jpg
    10r8qrk.jpg
    1051kqg.jpg
    2i26548.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Temple 03

Temple 03 had some alteration as well, the intial design was too small, therefore I expanded it, add a few more ruin houses and even a small port.

Original

20ubqit.jpg

Upgraded

11remnk.jpg
    2iibjp4.jpg

UVW

1piaz4.jpg
    aau2at.jpg
    15otqc6.jpg
    25fizrt.jpg
    16karl3.jpg
    zssutv.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Temple 04

Temple 04 was changed drastically from the initial concept design, because I feel like in the initial drawing it looked similar to temple 01.

29djr14.jpg

My inspiration for this design came from my interest astrology.

20hxa0x.jpg
    349cdcj.jpg
    n6yull.jpg
    awdp2e.jpg
    vyqt6c.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Character that the player will play as in the game.

j09t06.jpg

3D Model

2m6n50p.jpg

UVW Map

2vry52v.jpg
    eg4qog.jpg
    1zv3ngk.jpg
    11vl89u.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    My team mates wanted to have an angel model in the game which will serve as visual way point in the game.

166ljjk.jpg
    208v2c8.jpg

3D Model

fz68uc.jpg

UVW Map

k3w521.jpg
    2ijnr06.jpg
    iw0ifc.jpg
    2ihb70k.jpg
    2vt1n4m.jpg
    22g4uv.jpg
    fuu9ns.jpg
    fz21k7.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Floating Mountains

206g5y8.jpg

UVW Map

2uidto0.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Portal

A portal was added in the game because the map that we made was big we wanted players to have a chance to find each other, therefore I made portal that will transport player randomly around the map.

3D Model

10mrd60.jpg

UVW Map

2vsp0rt.jpg

Overall this 2nd tech demo was amazing, This time I worked in a small team of 3. The synergy of the team was really good. The feedback was amazing, my team mates motivated me to push my limits specifically in my 3D art. I also liked to believe that I motivated my team mates as well.
    My 3D model skills improve dramatically in this 2nd tech demo, my confident as a 3D artist improved greatly.

Here are some screenshots of the game.

29dit0g.jpg
    sc7yuf.jpg
    29y3ag.jpg
    2vskitj.jpg
    b6t54z.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Reference Picture

2d97ceq.jpg

My Picture

1idcns.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Here a concept art of a dragon, entered in a art competition on the site Cubebrush. Unfortunately didn't win.

96yu05.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Here a environment painting I've finished recently, i used the lasso tool to paint in my details, first time using that technique, had fun.

Need to practice more on my value.

2eekffk.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Some environment thumbnails, creating simple shapes and practicing values

n4chv7.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Here a quick speed painting i just did, just trying out some texture brushes.

5cngpf.jpg
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Speed painting of a viking. Still using the same texture brush.

dxiv7a.jpg
  • dipesh25
  • dipesh25
    Offline / Send Message
    Just Playing around with values.

2gtb09y.jpg