Home Unreal Engine

Strange Unreal Engine 4 Crash/But not a crash while building lighting?

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has been having the problem I've been having. For some strange reason every now and then when I build lighting for my environments in the Unreal Engine 4 my computer will randomly act like I hit the sleep button (sleep is turned off on my computer, and its done it both while I was surfing the web waiting and while I just let the computer sit there and do it's thing).

It's pretty damn frustrating as each time it does it I'm worried it'll explode my laptop. The strangest thing is I'll hit the power button again when it does it and it'll stop on "Resuming Windows," although there was one time when it finally resumed windows and the lighting continued to be built..

I thought it might of been an overheating issue on my laptop but I cleaned the fans and never had a problem like this before with the UDK or any other application.

Any thoughts on what I can do? I'd like to be able to build my lighting without babysitting my computer all day =*(

Running an Asus G75V series laptop, intel I7 2.3ghz processor, 16gb ram, and Windows 7 if that helps.

Replies

• Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    Hmmm.. hasn't done it since I've left the laptop itself open rather in closed mode (it's attached to a separate monitor as I treat it like a desktop). No freaking clue why that would effect things, but hey whatever works works.